Just now, Alex Herrera said:

+1 I think he literally posted that to show off and bash me for no absolute reason, or maybe that's because that's how asylum forums work

ok shitposting aside. Modded servers are aids (mods update at 2am and the servers are unplayable until bamf or paratus can get on to update asylum which can sometimes take awhile) and stratis 1.0 was only popular for easy meth. stratis 2.0 died without easy meth. /thread ?

Edited by TheRealLethal
Heidelberg likes this
Just now, TheRealLethal said:

ok shitposting aside. Modded servers are aids (mods update at 2am and the servers are unplayable until bamf or paratus can get on to update asylum) and stratis 1.0 was only popular for easy meth. stratis 2.0 died without easy meth. /thread ?

cool

Aussie life was a blast. It was so fun having community weed runs at the beginning as no one had money. The cops would roll in and everyone would team up together to fight back. The luxury cars gave a short term incentive to save your money up to get that sexy new whip. Hell I even saw more people/cops RPing which I'm assuming came from the new atmosphere.

Sadly... The map was flawed with mem leaks and being just too damn big. I feel like it was rushed out way to quickly for the communities sake which just ended up making the optimization with all the mods terrible. And then, when we begged for scopes to be added, they weren't until most of the people from aussie already left. If it ever happens again (which I'm assuming not due to Identity), I feel it would be very popular but only if time is taken on it. 

#AussieLife4Life

4 hours ago, Treeontyn said:

Sadly... The map was flawed with mem leaks and being just too damn big. I feel like it was rushed out way to quickly for the communities sake which just ended up making the optimization with all the mods terrible. And then, when we begged for scopes to be added, they weren't until most of the people from aussie already left. If it ever happens again (which I'm assuming not due to Identity), I feel it would be very popular but only if time is taken on it. 

Being rushed really didn't have much to do with it. The problem is that our entire development team consists of programmers.

We have nobody that specializes in art/mapping/modelling, so we were at the mercy of the people that owned the content we were using.

31 minutes ago, speed said:

Being rushed really didn't have much to do with it. The problem is that our entire development team consists of programmers.

We have nobody that specializes in art/mapping/modelling, so we were at the mercy of the people that owned the content we were using.

Resetting everyone's money, money making that was waaaay too slow and never adding 4x sights hurt you guys more than anything.  These were complained about but never addressed.  

26 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Resetting everyone's money, money making that was waaaay too slow and never adding 4x sights hurt you guys more than anything.  These were complained about but never addressed.  

I honestly loved the reset of the money, making everyone start from scratch gave a reason to try and get on that money grind so you could have the most on the server. As well (as seen at weed field) more people would do different things to make money, not just the typical Tanoa coke runs ;)))

1 hour ago, speed said:

That's a fair point. But on the other side of that. Couldn't someone have been asked from the community to help in the process? I know trust is an issue and I'm getting into a lot of what ifs right now, but I'm sure someone here who specializes in that kind of stuff would be glad to devote some time to help with something like that! 

38 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Paratus trusts no one. Period.

I mean I'd accept that to an extent. Sometimes the best things come from taking a little risk. Now I'm not saying pick some random guy, more like someone who is known for loving asylum/has been active in the community for a long time. 

On the other side, I'm just some military dude who has no idea about any of this tech shit. But is there really that big of a threat to all the servers if you just had someone who strictly worked on a modded map? Like no access at all to regular Altis servers, just work on map model and such (final touches obviously done by you fine gents ;))

Just now, Maaqs said:

If you're tired of Altis, try taking a break from Arma. If it's Asylum you're tired of, try other game modes.

Also, the 5 servers (or at least 1-4) have enough problems as it is, we don't need another server taking up development time.

I am I'm not inspired to leave now I have a 2 week ban,

Hello Nopixel life.