Asylum Altis is shit...

2 hours ago, Luke SwagWalker said:

every single one of us have lol

SUCK A DICK

How much a month do you donate? How much total do have you donated?

I doubt its even close to as much as real subscriptions to games. These things needs funds to keep servers healthy from script kiddies and fund people to code some of the shitty things arma likes to do to patches.

I don't donate a lot so im no saint, but i dont bitch about it either

4 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

How much a month do you donate? How much total do have you donated?

I doubt its even close to as much as real subscriptions to games. These things needs funds to keep servers healthy from script kiddies and fund people to code some of the shitty things arma likes to do to patches.

I don't donate a lot so im no saint, but i dont bitch about it either

Its worse than it ever was, ever has been. I'm not giving them shit else if it's shit cause it's not going to get any better. It's going to keep getting sucked into Identity while these are barely kept alive until they take them down when they maybe release that shit. So yeah, fuck that, if you cant see that you're as blind as any of em.

37 minutes ago, Crasher2003 said:

Its worse than it ever was, ever has been. I'm not giving them shit else if it's shit cause it's not going to get any better. It's going to keep getting sucked into Identity while these are barely kept alive until they take them down when they maybe release that shit. So yeah, fuck that, if you cant see that you're as blind as any of em.

Okay so stop playing then. They cant make servers better when they can't even afford to keep them up without paratus paying out of pocket.

You cant expect it to get better without resources. There's plenty of people that want to help fix the bugs but they can't afford to keep the server up and safe from idiots why would they take the next step to fix things

11 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

Okay so stop playing then. They cant make servers better when they can't even afford to keep them up without paratus paying out of pocket.

You cant expect it to get better without resources. There's plenty of people that want to help fix the bugs but they can't afford to keep the server up and safe from idiots why would they take the next step to fix things

No flame intended, where are you getting the notion that the reason the servers are shitty is because nobody is donating? 

I mean I might be wrong, but it seems the reason the servers seem bad is not because of money, but because paratus simply doesn't have the time for us anymore and thats perfectly fine.

I'm sorry to say it, but unless Paratus finds someone who can fully replace him, I think the servers will slowly die. 

4 hours ago, Reapered said:

No flame intended, where are you getting the notion that the reason the servers are shitty is because nobody is donating? 

I mean I might be wrong, but it seems the reason the servers seem bad is not because of money, but because paratus simply doesn't have the time for us anymore and thats perfectly fine.

I'm sorry to say it, but unless Paratus finds someone who can fully replace him, I think the servers will slowly die. 

No flame taken I can understand the confusion,

Over the years they stated a lot that Paratus has been paying out of pocket to keep the servers up. That starts to add up when you need to increase the level of DDOS protection on your website, teamspeak server, and now in game servers. He also has to take extra time to patch vulnerabilities from the kids hacking both his server and his database. This is without even speaking about BAMF who puts in countless hours trying to do shit for the server as well and im sure if he is paid it isn't enough to live off of. The servers used to be able to afford to hire someone to code here and there and im sure if they had extra money could continue to uphold a higher level of protection.

Just think about them having to drop Splunk for cops, a huge part of the game for years. If that isn't a red flag about money I dont know what is.

1 minute ago, Sugarfoot said:

No flame taken I can understand the confusion,

Over the years they stated a lot that Paratus has been paying out of pocket to keep the servers up. That starts to add up when you need to increase the level of DDOS protection on your website, teamspeak server, and now in game servers. He also has to take extra time to patch vulnerabilities from the kids hacking both his server and his database. This is without even speaking about BAMF who puts in countless hours trying to do shit for the server as well and im sure if he is paid it isn't enough to live off of. The servers used to be able to afford to hire someone to code here and there and im sure if they had extra money could continue to uphold a higher level of protection.

Just think about them having to drop Splunk for cops, a huge part of the game for years. If that isn't a red flag about money I dont know what is.

I think people are scared of donating because they are afraid that their money is going towards Identity instead of the Arma servers.

Edited by Reapered
Just now, Reapered said:

I think people are scared of donating because they are afraid of the funds going towards Identity instead of the Arma servers.

That's a fair statement, but at the same time I look at it this way:

If you are scared to donate because of something you THINK about, 

You will get the chance to GAURENTEED see the server's go down.

There's no doubt the servers will not continue to stay up if they don't start getting money. They will end up dropping some servers and the comps will line up so high that most of the admins will end up leaving next.

Just now, Sugarfoot said:

That's a fair statement, but at the same time I look at it this way:

If you are scared to donate because of something you THINK about, 

You will get the chance to GAURENTEED see the server's go down.

There's no doubt the servers will not continue to stay up if they don't start getting money. They will end up dropping some servers and the comps will line up so high that most of the admins will end up leaving next.

Personally I wouldn't mind if they shutdown 1 of the 5 servers. It could have potential positive effects like forcing players to play on other servers potentially filling them up and gangs from the previous server would try to control a new one. Of course some people would be upset about losing their server but that's just a downside. And I don't think admins would leave just because they had to do a little extra work for a couple of days.

Personally I don't even think the problem with the server are it's performance, I'v gotten used to it. The problem is that it's starting to get stale especially since there practically isn't a prison anymore. Something new needs to be introduced and I have heard rumors about a big patch coming up. 

Hopefully something changes

12 minutes ago, Reapered said:

Personally I wouldn't mind if they shutdown 1 of the 5 servers. It could have potential positive effects like forcing players to play on other servers potentially filling them up and gangs from the previous server would try to control a new one. Of course some people would be upset about losing their server but that's just a downside. And I don't think admins would leave just because they had to do a little extra work for a couple of days.

Personally I don't even think the problem with the server are it's performance, I'v gotten used to it. The problem is that it's starting to get stale especially since there practically isn't a prison anymore. Something new needs to be introduced and I have heard rumors about a big patch coming up. 

Hopefully something changes

Well yes they have been working on 8.0 for awhile, its just that it gets delayed from the other shit like stability. 

I would be curious to see how much the other servers could benefit from say dropping server 5 and using the money for possibly better ddos protection or maybe an extra coder to fix the memory problems Gnashes said

FudgeR likes this
On ‎11‎-‎3‎-‎2017 at 7:58 AM, Sugarfoot said:

gratz, u just convinced me to donate some money ;)