Remove combat store timer

Remove combat store timer  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather keep this feature or have it removed?

• Remove it
    • Keep it

Hate this damn thing, trying to impound/store my car/Hunter, have not even been in combat etc for a while, and then have to wait because fellow officers were in combat somewhere else..that had nothing to do with me, or near me.

Also lost a Orca, because I landed it at air HQ and a bank went of, went to store my orca and can not because of this, so I reported in for SWAT, I had a bad feeling someone would come along and take it, but I did not want to wait 5mins at HQ to store it, miss SWAT, and then turn up to the bank.

Came back, orca was Gone, not in my garage.:FeelsBadMan: never lost  $100k so fast. 

+1 for its removal.

Edited by James.Anderson

So many times i've had gang mates fighting somewhere stupidly far and had to shoot out the fuel on my Orca so that no one could steal it, it's such a broken system. I'd rather have people combat store their shit than have to put up with this script. Like even on cop it's like "Oh some pistol banger shot at me 2 minutes ago soo sorry i can't impound your HMMT in the middle of town... BUT! i can sit here for 5 minutes and wait for it to despawn while i fight off every greedy wanna be thief in the city!"

Noble likes this

Personally, I think it's great in theory but in practice it just hasn't worked out.

Back in my day, combat storing was a pretty rare occurrence. This system probably needs to be tweaked if not removed entirely.

If it has to stay, maybe do it on an individual basis (e.g. FiredNear event handlers) rather than the aggression system so that it doesn't impede people who weren't involved. 

Noble, explicit, Heidelberg and 3 others like this

I think it should be removed completely, the last time i seen someone combat store was...well i cant remember.

Its not really a big issue if it happens i think, this feature is tho, if someone is caught doing it, i am sure someone will have it recorded and reported etc.

Or remove it from cop side at least if possible, i have not once seen another cop Combat store a car/Heli etc, especially not Corporals +, i am sure a few may have at some point, but i doubt the rest would risk losing there rank because of a ban etc for CS a car/Heli. Its not worth it.

36 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

It's not broken. It works exactly as it is intended to.

APD vs. Civilian will never be different. Cops aren't special, even if they're standing in an HQ, even if it's one minute to restart. (don't take an expensive vehicle somewhere you know you won't respawn to perhaps?)

Bamf and I have already discussed knocking it down to "individual or group has been shot within the last 60 seconds". That said, it's definitely not going to be different based on what Side you're on.

So its intended that its 10mins till i need to be out the door and im in the Athira HQ. I have work commitments but oh because some completely unrelated cop is in a gun battle in athira im out X amount of dollars because i have to leave but i can't store/impound my vehicle so someone steals it. #Workingasintended

Edited by patato12
2 minutes ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

I agree, needs to be removed. Implement a combat log system similar to Olympus where the bones drop and you can still interact( Send to jail). I could careless about vehicles, players are the real issue. 

If that system where to be implemented, reports would go down a lot imo. People don't care that people CL (If their bounty hunters/cop at least, seems to be most common if you're gonna go to jail) People care that they CL and the reward they get from them goes to. So it's a win win, we get to CL, you get to send to jail, probably no report, because you got the money

easy :P

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

Yup. Just like you can't combat log yourself, you can't combat log your car. As you are close enough to the firefight to be red and see red, you're part of the firefight.

Thing is combat storing in the aspect that you quoted was never really a problem for anyone. Why do I care if a cop stores there hatchback sport 2 clicks out from me in a firefight? This feature made an inconvenience into a bigger problem.

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

Yup. Just like you can't combat log yourself, you can't combat log your car. As you are close enough to the firefight to be red and see red, you're part of the firefight.

We were fighting at rebel today and I couldn't store it and the guy was shooting at the tower and deerstand and I stored it when the script let. Is that combat storing? Because in my opinion is that is not because the script allowed me to store it.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Are you still in an active firefight? If so, the answer is yes.

Game mechanics make the game more idiot-proof. You can't make Arma completely idiot-proof.

Well he wasnt red for me and I wasnt red for him and it let store it so I was thinking ok its fine it is not combat storing

7 hours ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

I agree, needs to be removed. Implement a combat log system similar to Olympus where the bones drop and you can still interact( Send to jail). I could careless about vehicles, players are the real issue. 

I love this idea, im only afraid of the memory impact with the state of the servers

14 hours ago, Gnashes said:

It's not broken. It works exactly as it is intended to.

APD vs. Civilian will never be different. Cops aren't special, even if they're standing in an HQ, even if it's one minute to restart. (don't take an expensive vehicle somewhere you know you won't respawn to perhaps?)

Bamf and I have already discussed knocking it down to "individual or group has been shot within the last 60 seconds". That said, it's definitely not going to be different based on what Side you're on.

You got admins, ADMINS, saying that it needs to be removed and that it doesnt work. When it comes to admins coming in and saying that, something HAS to be addressed and not just swept under the rug. Sure, its "working as intended" but obviously there is something wrong with it, and needs to be fixed.

Like I said, there should be ZERO reason why I can not store my Hunter, Hatchback, or whatever it is when I am 3k or even more out from a firefight and never got initiated on, or even when the situation is completely clear. And I don't care about the side. Whether it is being on civ or cop, I agree, combat storing and storing in general should be treated the same. I know my response was seemingly APD biased, but I did mean it to refer to all sides as a whole.

Edited by Coyote
dennozZ likes this
11 minutes ago, Coyote said:

You got admins, ADMINS, saying that it needs to be removed and that it doesnt work. When it comes to admins coming in and saying that, something HAS to be addressed and not just swept under the rug. Sure, its "working as intended" but obviously there is something wrong with it, and needs to be fixed.

Like I said, there should be ZERO reason why I can not store my Hunter, Hatchback, or whatever it is when I am 3k or even more out from a firefight and never got initiated on, or even when the situation is completely clear.

Bro everytime something is broken, they say is working as intended lol/

14 hours ago, Gnashes said:

"You are part of the firefight." No, gnashes. He's not actively participating and is not a variable of-which the aggressor to the person storing the vehicle needs to worry about alongside his fellow officer/gang mate. He's trying to log out and if i'm 2 seconds from logging to go to bed and a firefight breaks out half a kilometer or more away in Athira between fellow officers/gang mates, you best believe I'm getting my ass to bed, even if the aggression system believes otherwise. I could start a firefight with cops and if one cop possibly a half a click to 1 click out is looking to store his vehicle, he can't because of the aggression system, I couldn't give two flying shits about his car/ heli, let alone even be aware of its existence. We're not bashing the code, but it could be tweaked, not many combat store anyways, it's only combat logging that's the most prominent issue that needs to be dealt with. 

Edited by Flameless
Coyote, Patato and Emma like this

I really dont see how this is a problem... 1) Its against the rules, this prevents rule breaking. 2) It changes nothing, its not really the end of the world that you might have to wait a few minutes to store your car, if youre worried youre going to lose it then you probably are not out of combat and/or youre not 100% its clear anyways.  

2 hours ago, HotWings said:

I really dont see how this is a problem... 1) Its against the rules, this prevents rule breaking. 2) It changes nothing, its not really the end of the world that you might have to wait a few minutes to store your car, if youre worried youre going to lose it then you probably are not out of combat and/or youre not 100% its clear anyways.  

Little tip: Shoot someones vehicle.. preferably before restart is about to happen, hopefully it's a good vehicle like a hmmt. Server comes back online... lockpick >>>>> chopshop = profit.

DO NOT REMOVE PLEASE I love trolling with it.

Just now, Henry Facesmasher said:

Little tip: Shoot someones vehicle.. preferably before restart is about to happen, hopefully it's a good vehicle like a hmmt. Server comes back online... lockpick >>>>> chopshop = profit.

DO NOT REMOVE PLEASE I love trolling with it.

If you dont come back in to protect your vehicle you deserve to lose it honestly.

2 hours ago, HotWings said:

Happened to my friend that he landed a hummingbird when we were bh'ing and he couldn't store it cause his group was engaged with other people. He just came from athira to kavala and had to wait to get killed and bird stolen cause of it.

Just now, HotWings said:

If you dont come back in to protect your vehicle you deserve to lose it honestly.

You shouldn't have to. The server restarts and I'd hope to have my vehicle safe within my garage as well as any other vehicles to clean up server clutter if it's for forcing me to log. The server restarts to reset all environmental configurations and minor errors, and sometimes it's nice to log off to a server restart.

@Henry Facesmasher I'm shooting you in the face next time I see you. lol

Just now, Flameless said:

You shouldn't have to. The server restarts and I'd hope to have my vehicle safe within my garage as well as any other vehicles to clean up server clutter if it's for forcing me to log. The server restarts to reset all environmental configurations and minor errors, and sometimes it's nice to log off to a server restart.

Shit you don't even know my ign. But I know yours :pogchamp:

Prepare to get trolled :frog:

Flameless and HotWings like this
Just now, Fudger said:

Happened to my friend that he landed a hummingbird when we were bh'ing and he couldn't store it cause his group was engaged with other people. He just came from athira to kavala and had to wait to get killed and bird stolen cause of it.

He was close enough to be considered in combat then, its distance and group based.

Just now, Flameless said:

People complain about cars going back to garage, people complain about cars staying out :shrug: Cant make everyone happy.  But if you have a hmmt out, you should probably reconnect to make sure its stored and not chance it.