The Rifle Deathmatch

That event that happened last night, with the rifle death match testing.

I thought it was brilliant. It was well organized, like to join and leave. Death was cool, respawning was awesome. And it felt cool to actually shoot a gun. I've never shot that gun before, but I was able to get six kills. :) 

I hope that event becomes as regular as laser tag and the rally races. I would definitely participate in more testing, or actual events. 

It's a great change of scenery, considering there was sooo much random killing in Pyrgos last night. I was scared running to and from my boat. 

Regardless, Good job on creating it, and I hope it gets put into the event rotation on the server. 

If you were able to get stats from it, I might suggest, your kills reset on death, or making a higher kill limit. (Just personal suggestion, i'm sure you guys will do great)

Great Job @Mr Smirnoff

Edited by Katniss
had to add credit to the creator.
30 minutes ago, Katniss said:

That event that happened last night, with the rifle death match testing.

I thought it was brilliant. It was well organized, like to join and leave. Death was cool, respawning was awesome. And it felt cool to actually shoot a gun. I've never shot that gun before, but I was able to get six kills. :) 

I hope that event becomes as regular as laser tag and the rally races. I would definitely participate in more testing, or actual events. 

It's a great change of scenery, considering there was sooo much random killing in Pyrgos last night. I was scared running to and from my boat. 

Regardless, Good job on creating it, and I hope it gets put into the event rotation on the server. 

If you were able to get stats from it, I might suggest, your kills reset on death, or making a higher kill limit. (Just personal suggestion, i'm sure you guys will do great)

Great Job @Mr Smirnoff

Wait people play lazer tag and rally races?

Edited by Nicolas March
16 minutes ago, Nicolas March said:

Wait people play lazer tag and rally races?

I've wanted to. I played Laser Tag professionally for about 11 years. It was kinda nostalgic to see the laser tag outfit you can buy at the general store. I have not participated in those events yet, cause I am always in the middle of doing something, like swimming 2k back to shore, after the server randomly resets while returning with my excavation loot. Or... trying to sell excavation loot prior to a reset. 

But, i'd play that and rally races, if I wasn't pre-occupied when the time came.

However, this offered money on the spot, so I joined. And it was fun.

1 hour ago, Katniss said:

I've wanted to. I played Laser Tag professionally for about 11 years. It was kinda nostalgic to see the laser tag outfit you can buy at the general store. I have not participated in those events yet, cause I am always in the middle of doing something, like swimming 2k back to shore, after the server randomly resets while returning with my excavation loot. Or... trying to sell excavation loot prior to a reset. 

But, i'd play that and rally races, if I wasn't pre-occupied when the time came.

However, this offered money on the spot, so I joined. And it was fun.

wait....laser tag professionally? that's a thing?

Katniss likes this

Thank you thank you working for you guys to deliver nice events! This one is the pinnacle of my scripting so far! Just one script that does everything! No more spawning 10 different things and no more endless admin messages with confusing rules! One script to RULE THEM ALL! So expect to see more of these types of events from me. Removal of Y inventory and tons of delays I put in on respawn etc really helped with the performance. I figured out that if you let the engine rest for a bit it performs much better! Still playing around with the spawn radius and max kill count. If you know why some people get memory leak or crash send me a pm. 

@Katniss I did increase the max kill required from 15 to 20 now should last a little longer. 

BaDaBiNg_10-8 and Katniss like this
13 hours ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

Thank you thank you working for you guys to deliver nice events! This one is the pinnacle of my scripting so far! Just one script that does everything! No more spawning 10 different things and no more endless admin messages with confusing rules! One script to RULE THEM ALL! So expect to see more of these types of events from me. Removal of Y inventory and tons of delays I put in on respawn etc really helped with the performance. I figured out that if you let the engine rest for a bit it performs much better! Still playing around with the spawn radius and max kill count. If you know why some people get memory leak or crash send me a pm. 

@Katniss I did increase the max kill required from 15 to 20 now should last a little longer. 

I only know that my buddy disconnected in the middle of it. That was the only crash thing I saw from it. I don't know if it was the event or what not. By the time he logged back in. It was over.

13 hours ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

I like the toilet event more

19 hours ago, Das Otter said:

wait....laser tag professionally? that's a thing?

I didn't know that it was a thing either. We played at a place called Laser Quest. It was a canadian company that bought out Ultra-Zone. (I never played UltraZone). One day a few friends and I were bored, and we went to go try out Laser Quest. I had lots of fun, as I won the first game, and placed in the top 3 every game after that. One night they had a member's night where all the "members" can play. I did not get top 10 at all. Lots of good players. About a month or so later, they advertised the "North American Challenge" (NAC). You had to tryout to make the team, top 10 players made the team. My buddy claimed he was trying out, and I knew I was better than him, so I also tried out. I was 6th on the team, and he didnt make it.

First we had to register, and then we played in Regionals. If you placed top 5 at regionals, you get to goto Nationals. We didn't place at our first regionals. Each one after that we did advance. We even won Regionals 2 times. The highest we ever got was 6th at Nationals. It was quite fun, all the centers around the continent had side tournaments for people to hone their skills and have structured competition. Here in Virginia Beach, Virginia we had the "Bash at the Beach" tournament. We've been as far west as vegas, as far north as montreal, and even down to florida, to play in side tournaments and regionals.

Sadly, the company Laser Quest has stopped putting the focus on tournaments and members, and has focused more on Birthday party events, as they make 80% of their revenue from that type of business. Plus it became financially not worth it to play in tournaments. You pay like airfare and hotel commendations. You also have to pay for practice games and food/drink while there. As well as paying for team registration ($500), and even practice games up until the tournament. So, all of that, and if you win, you get $1100 to split between 8 people. That doesn't even cover the cost of travel, let alone hotel or anything. All for what? Bragging rights!? "Hey man I can tag you with a laser the best!!!" Maybe if it were something you could seduce a girl with, it'd be debatable. "Hey girl, I got this medal/trophy! I was on the 2006, Regional Winning Team!" I mean, if you know a girl who is impressed by that, let me know ;)

That's probably way more than you even wanted to know @Das Otter and for that matter, you could have been just trolling and what not. But, it was a big part of my life for like 11-ish years. and I made tons of friends in Canada and the US. And I got to travel to different places and see new sights. So, it wasn't ALL bad. 

Woo Hoo. Back to excavating!!! And Rifle DeathMatching!!!

Das Otter likes this
10 minutes ago, Katniss said:

I didn't know that it was a thing either. We played at a place called Laser Quest. It was a canadian company that bought out Ultra-Zone. (I never played UltraZone). One day a few friends and I were bored, and we went to go try out Laser Quest. I had lots of fun, as I won the first game, and placed in the top 3 every game after that. One night they had a member's night where all the "members" can play. I did not get top 10 at all. Lots of good players. About a month or so later, they advertised the "North American Challenge" (NAC). You had to tryout to make the team, top 10 players made the team. My buddy claimed he was trying out, and I knew I was better than him, so I also tried out. I was 6th on the team, and he didnt make it.

First we had to register, and then we played in Regionals. If you placed top 5 at regionals, you get to goto Nationals. We didn't place at our first regionals. Each one after that we did advance. We even won Regionals 2 times. The highest we ever got was 6th at Nationals. It was quite fun, all the centers around the continent had side tournaments for people to hone their skills and have structured competition. Here in Virginia Beach, Virginia we had the "Bash at the Beach" tournament. We've been as far west as vegas, as far north as montreal, and even down to florida, to play in side tournaments and regionals.

Sadly, the company Laser Quest has stopped putting the focus on tournaments and members, and has focused more on Birthday party events, as they make 80% of their revenue from that type of business. Plus it became financially not worth it to play in tournaments. You pay like airfare and hotel commendations. You also have to pay for practice games and food/drink while there. As well as paying for team registration ($500), and even practice games up until the tournament. So, all of that, and if you win, you get $1100 to split between 8 people. That doesn't even cover the cost of travel, let alone hotel or anything. All for what? Bragging rights!? "Hey man I can tag you with a laser the best!!!" Maybe if it were something you could seduce a girl with, it'd be debatable. "Hey girl, I got this medal/trophy! I was on the 2006, Regional Winning Team!" I mean, if you know a girl who is impressed by that, let me know ;)

That's probably way more than you even wanted to know @Das Otter and for that matter, you could have been just trolling and what not. But, it was a big part of my life for like 11-ish years. and I made tons of friends in Canada and the US. And I got to travel to different places and see new sights. So, it wasn't ALL bad. 

Woo Hoo. Back to excavating!!! And Rifle DeathMatching!!!

no I was genuinely curious, that's pretty cool. For me my birthday party laser tag when I was 10ish lead me into paintball, and paintball into airsoft. I feel for me there has to be a chance of pain for making mistakes but i'm sure it's similar enough

Katniss likes this
1 minute ago, Das Otter said:

no I was genuinely curious, that's pretty cool. For me my birthday party laser tag when I was 10ish lead me into paintball, and paintball into airsoft. I feel for me there has to be a chance of pain for making mistakes but i'm sure it's similar enough

I've never been a fan of pain. So I never made the leap from Laser Tag to paint ball. I did play some airsoft. I loved the idea of actually shooting someone and using skills and stuff. I had the M4-Carbine airsoft gun. The one thing I will say is... when I had 2 roommates, and we found out about airsoft, we had several airsoft battles in the house. When we moved out, we found soooooo many bullets we missed cleaning up. Then after 3 years, I ended up moving back in with one of those guys, and his couch folded out into a bed. So we set up the bed part for a guest we had hanging out, and we found more airsoft bullets inside the couch. Piece of advice, don't have airsoft wars in the house... those bullets go EVERYWHERE...