Farewell Haphazard

Asylum's favorite Canadian, @HapHazard (that's right Paratus, I said it) retired today.

Hap was Asylum's longest standing admin to date. He's spent countless hours working to improve and maintain the community. He's probably locked more threads than most of us have read. He's always been an affable and reasonable guy to deal with, he's always been fair-minded and seemingly immune to the pettiness and caprice that too often characterize interactions with internet authority figures.

Hap is truly one of the good ones so let's send him off right with fond memories, cherished threads that he locked, and whatever else you feel like including.

I'll start things off with the fact that Hap is currently the subject of Asylum's only, longstanding portmanteau: the haplock. 

@Kowalski made this excellent video which sums up the origin of the term.

And even after all these years his post history hasn't changed much 

51e499443a0dfa8ce3f32ba141268cd1.png

Aside from Hap's fondness for locking threads, he also holds the record for either the best or worst jet landing in Asylum history, managing to basically ram into a pile of garbage, Jigawatt's helicopter, and the ground, yet he still managed to survive. 

He's also super Canadian. By searching for "Maple Syrup" in discord, Haphazard's name pops up more than a dozen times, including at least two stories about an $18,000,000 maple syrup heist. 

8f8fd0f63d31e851bfa3a45babe7a859.pnge115ef0ec2d7565f430dd31b3baac0f1.png

Anyway, Hap, it's been an absolutely pleasure buddy. All the best. o7

1 minute ago, Axe said:

And that post history is misleading and photoshopped.

@Buckwalter is fake news. This can't be trusted. He's the failing Asylum Times

This must all be fake. We're being pranked :frog: 

To be clear, that's not his raw post history, I just searched for "locked" by author "Haphazard." haha so I'm a little bit fake news but it got the point across didn't it?

HapHazard likes this
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Take care Hap, I remember running into you as a BH when we captured you at Rebel outpost and chopped your Orca. You were super chill then and a good example of how I wish most people interacted with each other on Asylum. 

I was super Salty on the inside. lol.

I've always tried to be super chill in all my interactions, and not try to force people to "respect" my authority, except of course in certain situations when its needed. I've always been a strong believer of Earning peoples respect rather then Demanding it, and tried my best to do so during my time as an admin.