Who got that 1080 TI?

Manolo

2 hours ago, wollie35 said:

wait for this this to come out (http://wccftech.com/amd-unveils-polaris-vega-navi-graphics-architectures-hbm2/) and put that together with the new reason and u will outspec thor ;), only issue the vega isn't out yet for the next -+ half year

Vega won't be faster than 1080 Ti/Titan X and Ryzen is garbage for Arma.

Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Vega won't be faster than 1080 Ti/Titan X and Ryzen is garbage for Arma.

Vega 20 will be, and Arma 3 64 update made Arma 3 already use more threads, so no the ryzen will not be garbage. If u look into future where all the games will require multithreadding the ryzen is a better option then a single core focussed  i7 wich u pay 2 and a half times as much for

Just now, wollie35 said:

Vega 20 will be, and Arma 3 64 update made Arma 3 already use more threads, so no the ryzen will not be garbage. If u look into future where all the games will require multithreadding the ryzen is a better option then a single core focussed  i7 wich u pay 2 and a half times as much for

AMD fans have been saying that for years and there's not a chance in hell Vega will catch 1080 Ti. Also good luck catching Intel in ARMA:

1080_ARMA.png

Ryzen is good for encoding, not so much for games.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

AMD fans have been saying that for years and there's not a chance in hell Vega will catch 1080 Ti. Also good luck catching Intel in ARMA:

1080_ARMA.png

this is based on the current single threaded arma version, keep in mind that ryzen is multithreaded 2 times as strong as the i7 6700k (talking about ryzen 1800x). I am not an AMD fan (had intel/nvidia so far), but the ryzen/vega release in price-quality comparison is amazing, the only reason why intel has been so expensive is because they didn't have a concurrent. Now that AMD is back in the game intel is already lowering it's prices.

Just now, wollie35 said:

this is based on the current single threaded arma version, keep in mind that ryzen is multithreaded 2 times as strong as the i7 6700k (talking about ryzen 1800x). I am not an AMD fan (had intel/nvidia so far), but the ryzen/vega release in price-quality comparison is amazing, the only reason why intel has been so expensive is because they didn't have a concurrent. Now that AMD is back in the game intel is already lowering it's prices.

ARMA will always be heavy with single threads, 64 bit doesn't change that. Maybe ARMA 4 but that still doesn't mean Ryzen will do well considering it gets handily beat in multithreaded games like gta v by the 7700k. Factor in that most 7700s hit 5 ghz and AMD is just no competition in gaming. It's a good overall chip if you do encoding work but not the best for gaming nor will it ever be. See this video:

Noble and Norwegianviking like this
4 hours ago, wollie35 said:

Arma 3 will always be a game that benefits from single threaded performance, arma 4 may change that but thats a while down the road. Ryzen is solely focused on multi threaded performance which makes them good for workstations. I honestly believe amd uses thier 8 cores as a marketing scheme for gamers since it makes it more appealing, but yet it does nothing for todays games.

Just now, Noble said:

Arma 3 will always be a game that benefits from single threaded performance, arma 4 may change that but thats a while down the road. Ryzen is solely focused on multi threaded performance which makes them good for workstations. I honestly believe amd uses thier 8 cores as a marketing scheme for gamers since it makes it more appealing, but yet it does nothing for todays games.

True not for todays, but if u look a bit in the future the games will become multithreaded. And seeing the speed new games will be realized i am definitly building my ryzen pc ;) (and don't forget either 400 euros or 1300, i know my choice ;) )

Edited by wollie35