An Idea to Increase RP

I had an idea awhile back I brought up to a few people and they said I should post it here. So, RP has dropped in the recent months and we need to get our cops doing a better job interacting with the populace in a true Role Playing fashion. I propose that we have sort of contest with entries on the best RP moments from whenever it becomes active to the end date. It could be as simple as send in some funny (But absolutely correct) RP with the civilians or have the annual APD Konvict Karaoke where the funniest song gets some sort of prize for the winner. This would encourage RP in the police force which would in turn hopefully get the Civ players wanting to have a little more fun like that.

I hear what you're saying and I agree with your core statement. A valuable way I have found to increase RP and player immersion is to lead by example. A tatic that I enjoy utiziling myself is to record memorable interaction with police and civilians and post it here for others to see. It's not a fix all or an immediate fix. Rather it's a out front idea that others can follow if they choose. Keep up the good work! 

@gijustin

Edited by (IFRIT)Mitch

Ever since I started playing asylum almost 3 years ago (Holy shit), there has always been a post like this every so often. Its never been true that "In the past few months, I've really seen the quality of roleplay go down." If anything, roleplay has been more prevalent and better. Hell, when I started playing asylum I could walk up to somebody and say "You're gonna die" and just shoot them. No catch, no do this or die, just shoot them. Bottom line, asylum isn't a place you come to roleplay, if you're here just to be friends and have a chat, there's other places for that.

544heu and Silver-Spy like this