Arma 3's new 64-bit executables and Performance

Caden

I have a few questions for this topic.

Does the new 64-bit arma improve FPS or stabilize it?

What kind of graphics settings would be best to run Arma 3 with a GTX 750 ti and an AMD Fx 8350 Eight Core?

I usually stay around 30+ on asylum servers (Unless I'm in Kavala) and on the king of the hill servers, I get about 20-30. I just need to know what graphical settings I should use to improve both of them. Currently, I have my settings on low and no shadows. I would like settings that would look good, but at the same time improve my FPS. I've heard you can do stuff in steam startup for the game. 

Honestly your first problem is that you have an AMD processor. For Arma 3 at least, intel processors allow the game to run much smoother. I've blown most likely over 1500 bucks over the last 5 or 6 years playing Arma 2 OA and then Arma 3. After I learned about 2 years ago that intel processors made a huge difference, I decided that my next PC will have one.

Edited by Steve
Google™ likes this

64 bit should reduce stuttering when zooming/entering a city and reduce memory leaks. Little to no noticeable fps increase, just more constant. Play around with your settings. Lower AA, texture, and object detail. The optimize option in the GeForce experience is pretty good. If you're upgrading go for the 6600k and over clock it as high as is safe with your cooling system. Fast ddr4 ram will make a big difference. Lowering object render distance will increase your fps further.

2 hours ago, Caden said:

I have a few questions for this topic.

Does the new 64-bit arma improve FPS or stabilize it?

What kind of graphics settings would be best to run Arma 3 with a GTX 750 ti and an AMD Fx 8350 Eight Core?

I usually stay around 30+ on asylum servers (Unless I'm in Kavala) and on the king of the hill servers, I get about 20-30. I just need to know what graphical settings I should use to improve both of them. Currently, I have my settings on low and no shadows. I would like settings that would look good, but at the same time improve my FPS. I've heard you can do stuff in steam startup for the game. 

Get the new Razen AMD series of CPU and fucking destroy this game!

This game is very CPU intensive but having a GPU that's so many generations behind does not help. Try lowering the settings and maybe run in a lower resolution then 1080P.

With the New Razen series or a 7700K you can easily get 90-100 Frames even in Kavala with a decent GPU.

1 hour ago, Manolo said:

This game is very CPU intensive but having a GPU that's so many generations behind does not help. Try lowering the settings and maybe run in a lower resolution then 1080P.

With the New Razen series or a 7700K you can easily get 90-100 Frames even in Kavala with a decent GPU.

:fail:

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎22‎-‎3‎-‎2017 at 1:30 AM, Manolo said:

It's the Ryzen AMD series (XD), and I can confirm with a ryzen 1700x and a gtx 1080, never had a framedrop or memleak. This ryzen processor is performing better then the I-6900k single and multithreaded wise