To all who complain about RDM...or robocopping...please read

Here is my story about the "other" Altis Life. This is a long one, so spare me your Betty Butthurt about length...something you must clearly be intimidated by ;)

Seriously, head over to the "competitors" servers. (I'm not going to name them, out of respect for the folks at Asylum). You'll be begging to come back here, and will be thankful for all of the people who try to RP and cops who have tons of restraint/professionalism...for a game (you can laugh at that statement, I know I know)

I played for a few hours on one of their heavily populated servers last night, and it was a god damn warzone everywhere I went. Within the first 5 minutes (not even kidding) I was robbed at gunpoint and taken hostage. I was then put into a large transport vehicle (which was filled with meth) which lead to the cops eventually running into this vehicle.

The cops simply threw on their sirens, jumped out and without even a moments noticed...all three of them opened fire on the vehicle (which was stopped the moment we saw the cops). Down myself and my abductor in the vehicle.

The vehicle was then seized, I was brought straight to the HQ (without a word being said) and "processed".

My processed consisted of being given a full priced ticket, or sent straight to jail by an officer who did not explain my charges, give me a chance to explain, gave zero other options, etc. (I was charged with possession of meth, even though I did not have keys to the truck...and was kidnapped)

When I stated "i'm brand new to the island, I have no money" his response was to re-issue me the ticket again, while saying "if you fail to pay this ticket twice, you will be sent straight to jail".

After doing 10 minutes in the slammer I got out, booked it to Athira, bought a quad and within meer seconds of that...the guy next to me started robbing the gas station. Three cop cars showed up a few moments later and just started opening fire on the gas station, lighting up anyone in the vicinity. Including myself, who was just standing there with my arms by my hips, doing nothing.

Finally i'm able to get up, run away, got my quad, bought a pick axe, backpack and thought "I need to get out of this area and make easy legal money".

So I booked it up to a nearby mine, and it was quiet and peaceful. Started to mine and then all of a sudden I get a message (I did not even hear this dude, or see any vehicles ANYWHERE) saying "hands up or die", before I could even react "BANG" I was dead.

Respawned again, this time in Neo, to the sight of two cars flipped over, gun shots in the distance and cars flying up and down the street with cops in tow.

I buy a quad with the last of my money, and go "screw it, i'll go run drugs". On my way to heroin, I get within about 200m of the red circle and notice a ton of cops were there. I sat and watched as the 5 guys they had detained magically all "dropped" dead. AKA they all disconnected. This proceeded with the cops getting in their cars and leaving the area. One of them must have saw me leaving the area, because he decided to pull me over. He throws on his lights, I keep going...like an asshole, he pit maneuvers me, I crash and die. I message him "wtf?", he replies "lolz".

So be thankfully kiddies, Asylum is far better in almost every way. There will always be the occasional bad apple, but that's what the reporting system is for. USE IT! But in the end, take my advice...be thankful of the players and cops around you who try to ensure we all have an enjoyable and balanced environment to play in.

-End Rant-

3 minutes ago, massi said:

nobody is going to bother reading that

I read it, and i agree with him. People complain a lot about asylum when if you look at the competitors they are struggling just to run one server and manage the chaos when we have 5. We have a good thing going here and need to appreciate it.

Just now, Tyler said:

I read it, and i agree with him. People complain a lot about asylum when if you look at the competitors they are struggling just to run one server and manage the chaos when we have 5. We have a good thing going here and need to appreciate it.

Asylum is struggling to run a server properly tho

6 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Are they? A dev takes a vacation and all the sudden they cant run a server?  Yall need to calm your titties and stop acting like the world is ending.

ASYLUM servers were taking a shit before bamf went on vacation

You clearly have no idea what you are saying, and what devs/contributors do behind the scenes.

i know , but i play every day and i can tell you i get mass kicked every day even though its getting better now

Just now, Fudger said:

i know , but i play every day and i can tell you i get mass kicked every day even though its getting better now

You are aware of the fact all servers are suffering mass kicks right? and you are aware its bohemia's fault for mem leaks right? lol.

Walt likes this

I appreciate this post, it's not always easy being an officer, especially when people are just plain salty that they got caught, or are being complete a-holes and won't even allow you the chance to RP and are just mic spamming, and when playing as civ I am grateful for those officers who are willing to listen and read me my charges and give me a chance to explain, I am completely and utterly in aggreance with this post, some people are able to complain about the littlest things.

3 hours ago, Tyler said:

This. You truly don't appreciate Asylum until you join other random Altis life servers and see how chaotic and horribly staffed they are.

On ‎30‎-‎3‎-‎2017 at 11:17 PM, Braden said:

I appreciate this post, it's not always easy being an officer, especially when people are just plain salty that they got caught, or are being complete a-holes and won't even allow you the chance to RP and are just mic spamming, and when playing as civ I am grateful for those officers who are willing to listen and read me my charges and give me a chance to explain, I am completely and utterly in aggreance with this post, some people are able to complain about the littlest things.

Never listening to braden again when i catch him on cop NOTED

Believe me, I understand where you are coming from. I started off in a different server and on my first day I was told to put my hands up a total of 5 times and that was even explaining to the people robbing me that I didn't have any idea what the hotkey even was, and that I was new to the game.

People on Asylum have treated me better and at least given some roleplay when they attempt to rob me which I appreciate more than ever since moving to this server. 

On 3/30/2017 at 8:59 PM, Slade Wilson said:

This. You truly don't appreciate Asylum until you join other random Altis life servers and see how chaotic and horribly staffed they are.

Slade and I went to one and on the server I approached the police HQ with my weapon holstered. I said Hi to a cop and immediately got shot in the face. Then they took me inside, seized my firearm and sent me to jail without saying a word. On the same server one of our friends got permed for scripting when he demanded comp from an admin too many times

Edited by USCCHRIS
23 hours ago, HomeTrlx said:

Thats true ... So ban me I dont wanna play anymore, imma let you know when I wanna play again, thanks! :kappa:

people have done this in the past where they just couldn't focus on school or whatever. They requested a ban for X months to help them focus on real life. Some people get too hooked on escaping from the real world that they lose sight of the balance it requires. Too much of one thing can lead to frustration and poor behavior.

Midamaru and Zoex like this