Poll: are you satisfied with the new prison?

massi

Are you satisified with the new prison?  

345 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with the new prison?

19 minutes ago, Silver-Spy said:

260+ vote for No and 26 for yes.And yet we have the same new prison.Either increase the timer for all crimes so that you get to stay in jail for a longer time and so might increase the chances of a prison breaks or change the location as the majority of the community is asking for.

You must be high as fuck, i think if you increase prison time, that would increase in combat logs i tell you

Silver-Spy likes this
6 hours ago, Haych said:

Biggest flop changing the prison multiple times thinking people will carry on doing it

You guys think the prison sucks because it's actually hard now you guys just need to get better jesus christ honestly you can't have everything handed to you on a silver platter. I'm sick and tired of rebels thinking everything should be easy, and it's time for things like that to change.

#NerfBank

#NerfFed

#MakeCopsGreatAgain

Spoiler

jk

but for real, Paratus has some kind of mental disability.

Jwilly, massi, JAY1HP and 6 others like this
9 hours ago, Vanilla Coke said:

You guys think the prison sucks because it's actually hard now you guys just need to get better jesus christ honestly you can't have everything handed to you on a silver platter. I'm sick and tired of rebels thinking everything should be easy, and it's time for things like that to change.

#NerfBank

#NerfFed

#MakeCopsGreatAgain

Reveal hidden contents

jk

but for real, Paratus has some kind of mental disability.

The prison sucks.  No one does it/cares to do it anymore.  They basically removed prison breaks from being an APD event by changing the way most everyone liked it.  The old prison with a few simple alterations to discourage sniping would be 100% better IMO.  I haven't seen a prison break in months. 

:thinking:

If we ever get the old prison back, I have some memes ready.

5b338ac1351bb192d615b592f39b6c79.jpg

Edited by Shade
2 hours ago, Shade said:

The prison sucks.  No one does it/cares to do it anymore.  They basically removed prison breaks from being an APD event by changing the way most everyone liked it.  The old prison with a few simple alterations to discourage sniping would be 100% better IMO.  I haven't seen a prison break in months. 

:thinking:

How do you alter a sniping position to not favor sniping?  They already removed the big towers, you cant really remove the deer stands or its unbalanced the other way.  Everyone keeps saying alter it, but no one actually tries, yall just keep saying "change it and put it back"  Take some initiative and do something.  

The devs dont really care how much people bitch and complain about getting it back, every argument for it admits that it was a once sided fight and people only want it to kill waves of cops...  You're ruining your own augment.

Just now, HotWings said:

How do you alter a sniping position to not favor sniping?  They already removed the big towers, you cant really remove the deer stands or its unbalanced the other way.  Everyone keeps saying alter it, but no one actually tries, yall just keep saying "change it and put it back"  Take some initiative and do something.  

The devs dont really care how much people bitch and complain about getting it back, every argument for it admits that it was a once sided fight and people only want it to kill waves of cops...  You're ruining your own augment.

Add 2 side entrances to the complex in front of the barracks on prison island.  If the deerstands had to worry about more than one entry point, things get spicy.  Or just remove the deerstands/sandbags/gate altogether and put in some H barriers which are less than ideal for quick peeking.  Could still snipe from the barracks but the guy doing the prison break has to stay somewhat exposed.  Add an underground tunnel operated by Harriet Tubman that guides APD across the bridge toward the promiseland.  The possibilities are endless, but there is a handful of ideas that took 20 seconds to come up with.

@HotWings Not sure where you stand here, do you actually like the new prison?

Either way, I didn't mind it even as it was.  Mindless rushing will always be punished on that bridge, but there are other ways to get across.

FudgeR likes this
1 hour ago, Shade said:

Add 2 side entrances to the complex in front of the barracks on prison island.  If the deerstands had to worry about more than one entry point, things get spicy.  Or just remove the deerstands/sandbags/gate altogether and put in some H barriers which are less than ideal for quick peeking.  Could still snipe from the barracks but the guy doing the prison break has to stay somewhat exposed.  Add an underground tunnel operated by Harriet Tubman that guides APD across the bridge toward the promiseland.  The possibilities are endless, but there is a handful of ideas that took 20 seconds to come up with.

@HotWings Not sure where you stand here, do you actually like the new prison?

Either way, I didn't mind it even as it was.  Mindless rushing will always be punished on that bridge, but there are other ways to get across.

As I  have said before words mean nothing.  Unless someone actually comes up with a design you're wasting your breath.  The devs hate the location so theyre not going to do it.  

I think the new prison is fine, its just not a sit and shoot and has more risk.  People in this community want little risk and high reward.

Everything is dead why even bother trying to revive something that could of been dealt with back in late 2015.

Example - backpacks can be stored in crates , if backpacks were fixed prior 2016 everyone would be jizzing about it. but when it got release not to long ago i dont think that there was much HYPE.

Edited by Smee
Haych and Boomerman like this
2 hours ago, HotWings said:

Not like people only do feds at alamo to kill cops but thats non of my business.  :kermit:

Just now, Smee said:

Everything is dead why even bother trying to revive something that could of been dealt with back in late 2015.

True, Identity is more important.

Just now, Smee said:

Example - backpacks can be stored in crates , if backpacks were fixed prior 2016 everyone would be jizzing about it. but when it got release not to long ago i dont think that there was much HYPE.

ca4ddf202ba6197e5e5559eb9e2aa32d.jpg

asylum is just boring and stale now

Boomerman likes this

Just now, massi said:

ca4ddf202ba6197e5e5559eb9e2aa32d.jpg

asylum is just boring and stale now

Its stale because 

• Prison location
  • Group Cap - Broke elite gangs in 2
  • Group Cap - Smaller gangs cant become "big".
  • Taru's
  • OP bounty hunter's ( much as i like it far op back then )
  • APD are that Money hungry now its rare to get some decent RP from them.
  • Prices of loadouts - 30k for a good set piece load out.
massi and Steve like this
9 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Something tells me that Asylum goes down when Identity is released

I wouldn't have the slightest doubt, unless Paratus had enough money to just keep the servers up till they are truly dead. Maybe he will have enough, who knows? When the game comes closer to launch the sales for Identity are gonna probably going to go up exponentially, that is if it does come out. :kermit:

2 hours ago, Smee said:

Its stale because 

• Prison location
  • Taru's

C'mon, they aren't that op, IMO they will only be OP if they get money for lethaling someone, this is just my opinion

2 hours ago, Smee said:

Its stale because 

• Prison location
  • Taru's

I agree with everything except bounty hunters.  Only bounty hunters that I avoided at all cost was jailed

4 hours ago, Smee said:

Its stale because 

• Prison location

The prison makes the rest of the game stale?  I would think gangs not fighting would make it stale myself.

4 hours ago, Smee said:

This certainly prevents 20v20 fights, but is that what is truly what is hindering gangs?  People say no, people say yes.

4 hours ago, Smee said:
  • Taru's

Tarus were part of Asylum for about 10 minutes, this has no impact on game play whatsoever.

4 hours ago, Smee said:

Nah, BH is fine, it was buffed after being a total joke for years.  They can now compete with gangs. 

4 hours ago, Smee said:

Rebels playing cop is about 95% of the problem here. You guys get on and robocop the shit out of everyone for the quick paydays.  You cant complain about the problem when you are the problem sorry man.

4 hours ago, Smee said:

I agree with this.

Squirtle likes this
2 hours ago, EaZyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy said:

Total Members

They can't exactly change something on the opinion of 254 people, considering there's 10x that on forums

Touting numbers like that is so dishonest.  14329 people don't play Asylum actively and in that number, how many are players who put in more than just a couple of hours into Asylum?  How many log on regularly?  How many have even done a prison break?  Even at that, how many of those accounts aren't alt accounts or accounts that have been banned?  It's stupid to try and prove a point with numbers like that.

Want to see that the majority disagrees with the prison change?  Do an in-game poll and you'll see the majority hates the new prison.  But no, all those unique users that log in every day, they're just total yes men that love every change the devs make and the devs can do absolutely nothing wrong and everybody else is just stupid.  I mean, if they aren't making a post about it, we can write them off as being on as loving every change, right?

If Paratus has this kind of attitude I sure as hell am not buying Identity.

Edited by Sheriff Rick Grimes
massi likes this
2 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Touting numbers like that is so dishonest.  14329 people don't play Asylum actively and in that number, how many are players who put in more than just a couple of hours into Asylum?  How many log on regularly?  How many have even done a prison break?  Even at that, how many of those accounts aren't alt accounts or accounts that have been banned?  It's stupid to try and prove a point with numbers like that.

Want to see that the majority disagrees with the prison change?  Do an in-game poll and you'll see the majority hates the new prison.  But no, all those unique users that log in every day, they're just total yes men that love every change the devs make and the devs can do absolutely nothing wrong and everybody else is just stupid.  I mean, if they aren't making a post about it, we can write them off as being on as loving every change, right?

Couldn't have said it better

5 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

This whole thread is based off questionable statistics. I am not defending the prison, but trying to justify its removal on the basis of 254 people is a bit stupid. Asylum probabaly has 400 different players on a weekly bases, 600 probably on a weekend.

254 people? How many have actually attempted the prison

how many actually play?

how many actually took time and thought into their vote?

After all, change can suck. 

But at this point some poll isn't gonna change paratus's mind. Give him something worth debating, not just

"hey! We dont like this!!"

Edited by EaZyyyyyyyyyyyy
14 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

The kind of attitude where he is focusing on Identity?  That is what he should be doing.  The kind of attitude where he isnt going to make a change to cater to what amounts to no more than 10 people actually posting in this thread about the prison?  About a 4th of the player base voted in this poll, that frankly isnt very many, and if the admins really looked into it I would bet more than one person voted multiple times on other accounts.  The real problem here is this groups attitude towards addressing it.  I dont agree with Eptic often, but he is 100% correct.  You cant just bitch about something and not provide a solution.  I have challenged you guys to come up with a concept that could be submitted, but instead its the same old "just put it back the community wants it so we can kill cops easier" argument.  

47 minutes ago, HotWings said:

The kind of attitude where he is focusing on Identity?  That is what he should be doing.  The kind of attitude where he isnt going to make a change to cater to what amounts to no more than 10 people actually posting in this thread about the prison?  About a 4th of the player base voted in this poll, that frankly isnt very many, and if the admins really looked into it I would bet more than one person voted multiple times on other accounts.  The real problem here is this groups attitude towards addressing it.  I dont agree with Eptic often, but he is 100% correct.  You cant just bitch about something and not provide a solution.  I have challenged you guys to come up with a concept that could be submitted, but instead its the same old "just put it back the community wants it so we can kill cops easier" argument.  

don't think eptic posted in this thread

his account is @the end and is inactive

1 hour ago, HotWings said:

if the admins really looked into it I would bet more than one person voted multiple times on other accounts.  

49 minutes ago, massi said:

don't think eptic posted in this thread

his account is @the end and is inactive

I have it from a somewhat reliable source they are one in the same.  

1 hour ago, Fudger said:

At least 85%-90% of the community is still gonna want the prison back 

I really dont see a point in arguing in this thread anymore.  Someone needs to come up with a better concept and submit it for review.  Anything other than doing that is really just waiting your time/breathe at this point.  

FudgeR likes this
4 hours ago, HotWings said:

You are never going to get your entire community to vote on something.  That never happens on video games.  By that logic, DICE shouldn't have nerfed the USAS 12 + Frag rounds in BF3, Ubisoft shouldn't have nerfed Blackbeard in Siege.  Because hey, unless everyone who has played our game is complaining then it's fine.  But again, if you're so sure that all these people are gonna come out of the woodwork who love the new prison then let's do an in-game poll.   I would make a concept in the editor but why would I?  You got a poll that is laughably lopsided and you got devs acting like the community still wants the new prison when it's quite obvious everyone hates it and they refuse to compromise.  

13 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

You are never going to get your entire community to vote on something.  That never happens on video games.  By that logic, DICE shouldn't have nerfed the USAS 12 + Frag rounds in BF3, Ubisoft shouldn't have nerfed Blackbeard in Siege.  Because hey, unless everyone who has played our game is complaining then it's fine.  But again, if you're so sure that all these people are gonna come out of the woodwork who love the new prison then let's do an in-game poll.   I would make a concept in the editor but why would I?  You got a poll that is laughably lopsided and you got devs acting like the community still wants the new prison when it's quite obvious everyone hates it and they refuse to compromise.  

You think Ubisoft would unnerf Blackbeard if 2500 people voted for it?  You think they would unnerf the USAS 12 just because a few hundred people made a vote?  No they wouldnt, so why would you expect another set of devs to unserf something just because some people want it? Thats 100% hypocritical.

Just now, HotWings said:

You think Ubisoft would unnerf Blackbeard if 2500 people voted for it?  You think they would unnerf the USAS 12 just because a few hundred people made a vote?  No they wouldnt, so why would you expect another set of devs to unserf something just because some people want it? Thats 100% hypocritical.

R6 Siege has millions of people who play it on a weekly basis

Asylum doesn't