Gang/Rebel Life Overhaul Thread

Decided to make this thread in the hope that all of the community can come together and make gang life better again. Layed this out in point form so that any ideas people have can be seen by the community.

Excuse any errors or wrong info as I wrote this randomly over a few hours.

-

Orcas

• Remove rotor script or Nerf it. (A spray of a mag from a spar or any gun will shoot it out, balanced?)
  • Hide passengers in orca's. (Make fake landings great again)

These changes would promote people attacking cartels with orca's again. Back in the day it was a prized skill to be able to trick the enemy gang into thinking you dropped people somewhere.  This change could also benefit overall as you realistically would know who the passengers were of a random helicopter in a real life scenario.

The rotor script is honestly not need at this point when you can get shot out of pilot so easily with 7.62. I have even heard that you can get shot out by a 6.5 but have yet to verify this.

Armored vehicles

• Buff the window armor on all armored vehicles.
  • ???

A lot of armored vehicles have very bad window armor for how expensive they are and for how risky it is to pull them. Ive noticed this also and been told many times about how often people get shot out of all the types of armor on asylum. whether this is can be changed or not is a big deciding factor. Driving through a cartel you or even police driving by an illegal zone shouldnt have to worry about getting shot out of armor. They should though worry about getting their tires shot out forcing them to get out and repair.

Cartels

• Bring back some of the old caps that people would be happy to fight at.
  • Bring back the old money system.
  • Allow people to still get the effects from cartel until its been capped down to zero.
  • Could possibly make a cartel perk tree that rewards people for defending their cartels and for taking cartels from gang that are willing to fight. (Website leaderboard, like back in the day when gangs would be shown on the website with how good they were doing in order from 1-5.)

A lot of these caps are not very desirable to fight. This tends to cause people to only want to fight OG and church, which in my opinion is complete trash mindset. There are a lot of old caps that could see a lot of fun being re added to the game. Some people might argue that they dont personally like these caps but if the general community is in favour of them why not change some.

The old cartel money system was quite simple but that isnt always a bad thing (prison :frog:). The old money system made it so gangs would actively defend their cartels because they are guaranteed to get money. With the new system it seems like gangs are just ignoring the money or forgetting about it and only really using the cartels for the perks they give. Also the new system seems to bring this whole new solo cap mentality where people will log on and see that a cartel is full and instantly just go cap that for the cash then log off or either farm the cash until they are tired and log off. All in all I feel like this system would promote gangs to fight more often because they are more likely to get pay cheques at the end of the week.

-

Feel free to input your opinions and add anything that you would like to see changed. I will add anything new to this in the hopes that devs will see the want for change.

Edited by Boomerman
rp slayer, Wildaw and bunni like this
Just now, Boomerman said:

Decided to make this thread in the hope that all of the community can come together and make gang life better again. Layed this out in point form so that any ideas people have can be seen by the community.

-

Orcas

• Remove rotor script or Nerf it. (A spray of a mag from a spar or any gun will shoot it out, balanced?)

These changes would promote people attacking cartels with orca's again. Back in the day it was a prized skill to be able to trick the enemy gang into thinking you dropped people somewhere.  This change could also benefit overall as you realistically would know who the passengers were of a random helicopter in a real life scenario.

The rotor script is honestly not need at this point when you can get shot out of pilot so easily with 7.62. I have even heard that you can get shot out by a 6.5 but have yet to verify this.

Armored vehicles

• ???

A lot of armored vehicles have very bad window armor for how expensive they are and for how risky it is to pull them. Ive noticed this also and been told many times about how often people get shot out of all the types of armor on asylum. whether this is can be changed or not is a big deciding factor. Driving through a cartel you or even police driving by an illegal zone shouldnt have to worry about getting shot out of armor. They should though worry about getting their tires shot out forcing them to get out and repair.

Cartels

• Allow people to still get the effects from cartel until its been capped down to zero.
  • Could possibly make a cartel perk tree that rewards people for defending their cartels and for taking cartels from gang that are willing to fight. (Website leaderboard, like back in the day when gangs would be shown on the website with how good they were doing in order from 1-5.)

A lot of these caps are not very desirable to fight. This tends to cause people to only want to fight OG and church, which in my opinion is complete trash mindset. There are a lot of old caps that could see a lot of fun being re added to the game. Some people might argue that they dont personally like these caps but if the general community is in favour of them why not change some.

The old cartel money system was quite simple but that isnt always a bad thing (prison :frog:). The old money system made it so gangs would actively defend their cartels because they are guaranteed to get money. With the new system it seems like gangs are just ignoring the money or forgetting about it and only really using the cartels for the perks they give. Also the new system seems to bring this whole new solo cap mentality where people will log on and see that a cartel is full and instantly just go cap that for the cash then log off or either farm the cash until they are tired and log off. All in all I feel like this system would promote gangs to fight more often because they are more likely to get pay cheques at the end of the week.

-

Feel free to input your opinions and add anything that you would like to see changed. I will add anything new to this in the hopes that devs will see the want for change.

all good idea I just don't think old money will be a thing, but they should honestly change cartel locations I for example hate the Drug Cartel locations, Ghost Hotel is AIDS and Castle is CANCER only at old Meth Cartel that is good...

Just now, HotWings said:

Only thing I would disagree with here is direct deposit.  But I wouldn't argue against it if it would truly bring cartels back to their glory days.

How about a system where you would need to take the money out of it but it isnt dirty money. Something more simple than having to take the dirty money many kilometers across the map. 

Just now, Bashir said:

all good idea I just don't think old money will be a thing, but they should honestly change cartel locations I for example hate the Drug Cartel locations, Ghost Hotel is AIDS and Castle is CANCER only at old Meth Cartel that is good...

I dont think they will change it tbh but it was worth mentioning.

How about a system where you would need to take the money out of it but it isnt dirty money. Something more simple than having to take the dirty money many kilometers across the map.

Sounds good, still risky to get the money.

Just now, HotWings said:

Sounds good, still risky to get the money.

This feature could also be ramped up to where there are occasional pings as to where the money is or something similar. I just hate having to fly across the map to grab money and then fly to a rebel and in some cases having to fly further to another rebel. Doesnt make much sense when you are supposed to be the owner of a cartel with all that power.

This feature could also be ramped up to where there are occasional pings as to where the money is or something similar. I just hate having to fly across the map to grab money and then fly to a rebel and in some cases having to fly further to another rebel. Doesnt make much sense when you are supposed to be the owner of a cartel with all that power.

I see your point. I like your compromise there.

Everything in this thread has been mentioned in the previous 20 rebel life threads.. I like that your trying to "fix" rebel life but rebel life cant be fixed with updates its the people in the gangs that have killed gang life. 

Lucky enough you copied and pasted all these points from every other thread as it would suck to be taking advice from someone who has never been in a gang.

0c2c62909f8d81bd1e8234c36db161e0.png

andrewfam x likes this
Just now, Wang Liqin said:

Everything in this thread has been mentioned in the previous 20 rebel life threads.. I like that your trying to "fix" rebel life but rebel life cant be fixed with updates its the people in the gangs that have killed gang life. 

Lucky enough you copied and pasted all these points from every other thread as it would suck to be taking advice from someone who has never been in a gang.

0c2c62909f8d81bd1e8234c36db161e0.png

I have played for a while, I have played through many of the changes. And you are talking about being in a real gang when the last three encounters I have had with envy were you guys roaching and shit talking in chat. Ive played with actual gangs too, even though i never applied for them because i quit the server for rougly 6 months. all of these were thought up from my own brainstorming and talking with active players. Now leave and stop trying to derail the thread.

Spoiler
53 minutes ago, Boomerman said:

-

Orcas

Armored vehicles

• ???

Cartels

-

Maybe add some more turf locations with different gang benefits.

Edited by Wildaw
1 hour ago, HotWings said:

Only thing I would disagree with here is direct deposit.  But I wouldn't argue against it if it would truly bring cartels back to their glory days.

yeah cuz we earn the money half the time we don't get it or it's lost to restart.. We should simply make more money for fighting cartels period. That would also offset the cost of all the ifrits, orcas, loadouts we use.. and promote fighting. like boomerman say  "All in all I feel like this system would promote gangs to fight more often because they are more likely to get pay cheques at the end of the week." very true.

17 minutes ago, Boomerman said:

all of these were thought up from my own brainstorming and talking with active players. Now leave and stop trying to derail the thread.

These are not original ideas, everything you have said has already been recommended many times.

Also what do you mean when you say, "Bring back some of the old caps". What caps are you talking about? 

Edited by Reapered
Just now, Reapered said:

These are not original ideas, everything you have said has already been recommended many times. 

Didn't say they were original. Just haven't seen an actual constructive thread done before. Keep in mind the only other thread i have seen was made by players that don't even play asylum before and it wasn't even structured. You are free to add more idea's but just say that all the threads I have seen before werent even in suggestions and were just more people bitching and venting and threatening to leave. :shrug:

Edited by Boomerman
2 minutes ago, thero said:

def add some new cartel caps or bring back some old ones

- Sfaka wasn't too bad

- House cap was something different, kinda fun

- Meth house (Drug Cartel) was lit

Never faught sfaka but those two other caps were really fun but that might be different with how people use armor now.

10 minutes ago, Coco said:

Pointless doing anything until the mass kicks are fixed.

Acting like they are going to be fixed when its been an issue for so long lol. But that is very true.

andrewfam x likes this

It has gotten to the point in Asylum gang life 3 out of the 4 Altis servers shows 0 interest in cartels. its sad to see back in 2015 you had 20v20 fights sitting there everyday waiting and willing to fight with no group cap compared to now you have a lonely SDAR capping the cartels. That when you know something has gone wrong. I loved hopping on 1 for the synergy meth runs and 2 for the insane FSA suicide vests and server 4 for all the lagging NV  (Jokes) but you get the point.

Sometimes change is never a good thing:

• Prison ( Pygros Island )
  • Group Cap
  • Taru's
  • Bounty hunting system ( as much as i love the concept it it was far OP for bigger gangs )
  • Certain cartels ( House - arms       Meth cartel on the coast of dp 10)
  • the re implementation of CSAT coveralls ( Absolute money grabs )
  • Deer stands @ the fed

This list can go on. These are just the main things that changed everything.

Lets just say, you will never find those "veteran players" jumping on asylum again and the less powerful players are never going to overhaul the better players without numbers.

Boomerman, Space, Noble and 1 other like this