Jailing Suggestion

24 minutes ago, - RJ - said:

Because the way the system is, You go to jail to Afk. If there was any cost involved { even if 5% } , it would make people at least attempt to RP on a RP server. Which most just get up and walk away from the computer when they are caught. How is that fun for anyone?

So would you prefer me not go afk? Ok...You do realize most rebels lose 45 minutes of their time and often times on WEEKDAYS. Id say that's severe enough.

To put it simply.  Don't fix something that isn't broken.  Let's not make a big deal of a non-issue.  There is no issue here, you will only be making issues if you were to add something as ridiculous as this.  In fact, this is something I would probably quit over because it would make the game so boring for both sides.

49 minutes ago, - RJ - said:

Because the way the system is, You go to jail to Afk. If there was any cost involved { even if 5% } , it would make people at least attempt to RP on a RP server. Which most just get up and walk away from the computer when they are caught. How is that fun for anyone?

A few weeks ago during the weekend, I was literally in jail for almost 5 hours. Yes, I did roleplay to get my ticket decreased each time, but a 50% ticket when you have a 90k bounty is still a lot of money to pay 5 or 6 times in 2 days.

Us rebels can tell if we're gonna be able to get a reduced ticket that's worth paying. If we don't wanna talk to you to lower it, it's because (usually) it'll still be too expensive. Why would I sit here and waste more of my time talking to you when I'm gonna end up in jail anyways? Makes no sense sometimes.

If I have a bounty of less than 20k, I'll RP it every single time because I know I'll get a 50% ticket for at the most, 10k to pay.

I, personally, and many others don't find it fun to waste our time when we'll still end up in jail.

Edited by Demonic
I can't spell sometimes
9 hours ago, DeVo said:

We need to have the SGT+ train their ranks in Mandatory training sessions to gain some kind of skill/tactics back into the force. I've not been cop for too long but i know for sure that when higher ups aren't online and its just constables, They act with chaos, "authorizing lethals" on a 4v8 at bank. The cops have no sense of Tac comms like Budbringer said and they need to be trained or atleast given some knowledge on how to go about a situation and stop worrying about "Did we get the money for the bounty" after lethaling a HVT.

No, we need good players to train bad players. Rank has nothing to do with skill/tactical abilities. Mandatory training will only kill off the only good players we have left. 

Edited by Chapo
George likes this
12 hours ago, Demonic said:

A few weeks ago during the weekend, I was literally in jail for almost 5 hours. Yes, I did roleplay to get my ticket decreased each time, but a 50% ticket when you have a 90k bounty is still a lot of money to pay 5 or 6 times in 2 days.

Us rebels can tell if we're gonna be able to get a reduced ticket that's worth paying. If we don't wanna talk to you to lower it, it's because (usually) it'll still be too expensive. Why would I sit here and waste more of my time talking to you when I'm gonna end up in jail anyways? Makes no sense sometimes.

If I have a bounty of less than 20k, I'll RP it every single time because I know I'll get a 50% ticket for at the most, 10k to pay.

I, personally, and many others don't find it fun to waste our time when we'll still end up in jail.

Honestly, any cop who doesnt decrease a ticket more than 50% after talking to someone for 20+ minutes is an asshole.  Just for RPing im willing to drop 50%, then even if your story is utter trash I will normally reduce it more just because its a dick move to keep someone going for that long and not reward them in some way. Believe them or not time served in police custody means something to me.

3 hours ago, HotWings said:

Honestly, any cop who doesnt decrease a ticket more than 50% after talking to someone for 20+ minutes is an asshole.  Just for RPing im willing to drop 50%, then even if your story is utter trash I will normally reduce it more just because its a dick move to keep someone going for that long and not reward them in some way. Believe them or not time served in police custody means something to me.

If i dont Plan to pardon someone, I make sure to tell them before they rp that their ticket will not be lowered, so I don't waste their time.

On 1/25/2016 at 10:40 AM, Budbringer said:

Altough doing the bank is easy, the biggest reason cops loses these fights is due to lack of higher ups who knows something else than RP. For instance, I can do a bank, and see the cops charge in with 3 people in a sport hatch with sgts, lts and cpts on. There are no cordination. I see cops charge the prison with quadbikes. Yes the cops are sometimes outnumbered, but the reason the cops are not feared is because, well they dont even try. I cant remember the last time I saw a tactical orca drop. Cadets usually snipe with their holo scope. Promote some people who knows how to lead the battlefield, maybe they will be feared again

I love you

17 hours ago, Demonic said:

YA few weeks ago during the weekend, I was literally in jail for almost 5 hours. Yes, I did roleplay to get my ticket decreased each time, but a 50% ticket when you have a 90k bounty is still a lot of money to pay 5 or 6 times in 2 days.

You'd rather not reduce a 90k ticket into a 45k one, but rather going to jail. Personally i'd reduce the cost of the ticket then go to jail for that half price and have my time reduced. (corrent me if i'm wrong.)

2 hours ago, Kryptonn said:

If i dont Plan to pardon someone, I make sure to tell them before they rp that their ticket will not be lowered, so I don't waste their time.

I thought I was the only person that was courteous haha I mean I atleast give off that vibe ahead of time so you know you're not getting anything reduced and I'm usually pretty lenient.

400k ticket, at 1 mil cap, 200k for getting sent to jail? I'll try to rp but you guys have some pretty good surgeons to get that chip out of my brain every time, and within 20 seconds.

Terrible suggestion, cops will abuse it, and I will NOT be losing a significant portion of my bank account because the cop that processed me was a money hungry dickhead.

I can't believe YOU thought of this, of all people... cops asking for more shit, you're already playing rebel with a free gun, and you get money for shooting people. Too much aboose, cops that do RP don't take that too harshly, because you guys are the best, especially the ones that will still talk to me after killing them 10 times over during a bank robbery.

Edited by Vanilla Coke
Robbo likes this
1 hour ago, Demonic said:

You are wrong, half ticket doesn't mean half bounty. You still go to jail for the same amount of time.

Thanks for the correction.

Just another opinion of mine; Cops focus on making money instead of Roleplaying like they should. money shouldn't be their priority when playing as a cop. I've seen it and heard it from the cops. Not all cops do it but its a pretty good majority. Cops just need to stay Roleplay focused and stop worrying about which rebel got away or whatever. I mean we are a downing force not a killing force and yet i see so many cops wanting to kill a rebel because it satisfy's them.

4 hours ago, Bilal Battu said:

How about this!?

How about we remove lethals to improve RP!? Not much RP going on if I'm dead.
How about we tax you 25% of our bounty for lethaling us in an attempt to promote more RP from cops!?

this would work as it would make cops want to go straight lethal and actually try to catch the gangs doing the activities

On 1/25/2016 at 9:44 AM, Hypanius said:

Lets be real, if you are wanted for enough, you are not going to pay a tickets regardless. My suggestion is to still punish these individuals who are rich enough to pay the ticket but will still refuse because fuck the police.  With what comes next is they sit in jail with multiple chances to get out.  

What I suggest is if the person is sent to jail and has 1.5 (150%) of that ticket amount in their bank, then 50% of the ticket they refused to pay is automatically taken out of their bank as a refused payment penalty.  That automatic takeout will also be reflected on their bail and time spent in jail.

Examples:
Wanted: 100K
Bank: 150K+
Penalty for not paying: 50K
Resulting bail: 50K

Wanted: 10K
Bank: 15K+
Penalty forn ot paying: 5K
Resulting bail: 5K

Problems I could see from this varies.  For instance what if bounty hunters turn you in?  Is it still deducted out of your bank?  If it could be coded I would say no due to the individual not being sent to jail by the police and not getting chance to pay a ticket.  Also the police have those pesky straight to jail charges.  Damn those cops.

Thoughts?

I'd literally quit the game if this ever happened, lolllllllllllllllllllllll. 300k bounty, take 150k from my bank - cya later

5 hours ago, Bilal Battu said:

How about this!?

How about we remove lethals to improve RP!? Not much RP going on if I'm dead.
How about we tax you 25% of our bounty for lethaling us in an attempt to promote more RP from cops!?

HAH this is actually a great idea. Tax them for lethaling. Amazing. +a thousand bilal

13 hours ago, HotWings said:

On 1/26/2016 at 8:32 PM, Demonic said:

On 1/26/2016 at 8:10 PM, Bilal Battu said:

So would you prefer me not go afk? Ok...You do realize most rebels lose 45 minutes of their time and often times on WEEKDAYS. Id say that's severe enough.

These. First for hotwings: Most cops don't give more than 50%. That's the reality, doesn't really matter what higher ups do, because the majority of the apd isn't a higher up. I can't even count how many times I've rped for 20 minutes and then got a half ticket for a 100k bounty, and im not paying 50k. I'm just not going to. So then I go to jail, and it has been a total of an hour, and I only get to play for a few hours -- so basically im going to bed. The next time I get caught by the cops with a bounty that high, guess what I'm doing? Going to bed lol

Demonic: Exactly. Why bother rping and wasting time when half of the cops will say they don't believe you and give you a full ticket, and half will just give you a 50% increase. If I get an LT, I almost always give a story for the chance at a pardon. Very seldom do people get LT's.

Bilal: Everything you have said was spot on and people should listen to this. You can get a 45 minute jail time in less than 45 minutes easily. That's pretty severe

13 hours ago, Diseased said:

I'd just like better RP man. Not gonna lie I don't RP alot either buy it's easier to just say send me to jail.so I can get in front of a jury quicker than spending 15+ minutes RPing for a half ticket.

Or even better in the instances when you RP for 15+ minutes only for the cop to say he doesn't believe you and gives you a full ticket or sends you to jail. Now sure if you RP is shit it's shit but don't lead me on for 15+ minutes then tell me that you don't believe me. Jerk offs.