Jailing Suggestion

Lets be real, if you are wanted for enough, you are not going to pay a tickets regardless. My suggestion is to still punish these individuals who are rich enough to pay the ticket but will still refuse because fuck the police.  With what comes next is they sit in jail with multiple chances to get out.  

What I suggest is if the person is sent to jail and has 1.5 (150%) of that ticket amount in their bank, then 50% of the ticket they refused to pay is automatically taken out of their bank as a refused payment penalty.  That automatic takeout will also be reflected on their bail and time spent in jail.

Examples:
Wanted: 100K
Bank: 150K+
Penalty for not paying: 50K
Resulting bail: 50K

Wanted: 10K
Bank: 15K+
Penalty forn ot paying: 5K
Resulting bail: 5K

Problems I could see from this varies.  For instance what if bounty hunters turn you in?  Is it still deducted out of your bank?  If it could be coded I would say no due to the individual not being sent to jail by the police and not getting chance to pay a ticket.  Also the police have those pesky straight to jail charges.  Damn those cops.

Thoughts?

Jbdragon likes this
2 minutes ago, Bigbunnehdee said:

this is the worst suggestion ive heard.. not only does it make cops more OP but civ life would become pointless.. cop=money civ=lose money this would make cop=money civ=bankrupt..

How does it make cops OP? Cops are not OP at all, we lose 80% of engagements.  

I dont think 50% should be taken, maybe a 5-10% fee would be more reasonable. 

Mike Stmria and RomanRunsCA like this
Just now, Budbringer said:

I can see your idea, but there needs to be a cap on it, because people would lose all their money to robocops who are dicks to people they dont like

You see this is a conversation, did not call me retarded.

What I put forward was just the idea, does not have to be 50%, could be 10%, could be 5%, could be w/e is best.  The problem right now is people will not pay their tickets and there is no penalty of going to jail except just that, jail with many chances to get out.  Guy has 500K in his bank and wont pay a damn 15K ticket for killing 3 cops.  Sending him to jail will just put money in the market out of thin air.  I have a suggestion regarding cop income which I put forward before.

RomanRunsCA likes this
Just now, Hypanius said:

What I put forward was just the idea, does not have to be 50%, could be 10%, could be 5%, could be w/e is best.  The problem right now is people will not pay their tickets and there is no penalty of going to jail except just that, jail with many chances to get out.  Guy has 500K in his bank and wont pay a damn 15K ticket for killing 3 cops.  Sending him to jail will just put money in the market out of thin air.  I have a suggestion regarding cop income which I put forward before.

How about we just take this topic.....

f0b28856f24167a6f53f72cd63c7cdfe.png

And put it somewhere else?

9f412cd2c609732d7ce18a507c2d0ea0.png

8 minutes ago, Hypanius said:

Something confuses me about this: If they pay the ticket, us cops are paid. If they do not pay the ticket, we still get paid when sending them to jail. What good does punishing people who do not want to pay their ticket do? People hate us cops enough as it is. But I'm genuinely curious what you think this sort of punishment would change?

Edited by Creic
Starlord, Sergio, Shepurd and 1 other like this
1 minute ago, Hypanius said:

A money sink is always a good idea, but a rebel already lose 15-20k(because they are to lazy to run guns) on a loadout from going to jail, so its double punishment. They are being punished by losing time, and by loosing money as you suggested, they are loosing even more time. Because they have to spend 45 min in jail + they need to make money for a couple of hours, so in reality they lose several hours

3 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

A money sink is always a good idea, but a rebel already lose 15-20k(because they are to lazy to run guns) on a loadout from going to jail, so its double punishment. They are being punished by losing time, and by loosing money as you suggested, they are loosing even more time. Because they have to spend 45 min in jail + they need to make money for a couple of hours, so in reality they lose several hours

They should pay the ticket in order to avoid that jail time then.  Guy spends 45 min in jail for 50K, guy pays ticket avoiding going to jail and runs hemmit full of wreck excavation for an hour and makes 100K.  My suggestion is to stem people from committing these violent crimes especially against the cops and to instead if they are quite wanted actually consider turning themselves in as an actual alternative to being caught.

RomanRunsCA likes this
3 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

Cops lose a 7-12k loadout just for walking down the street.  The argument that rebels lose money for being arrested is pretty worn at this point.  Cops lose just as much money with no way to make their own weapons and cut their load out cost to basically nothing.  They lose that gear at a rate much higher than rebels as well.  Hence why you see cops returning with shit weapons after losing 5-6 loadouts in the last hour.

14 minutes ago, Hypanius said:

I mean why do you need to take money away from them? It have always been like this. They might go to jail because they want to go afk for a few minutes doing something else, why should the lose money just because?

Sergio and SheriffJohnBeard like this

I can see how this could be implemented but there are many issues we need to address.

1. The percentage is just too high. As a matter of fact, if that would be put in place with that percentage it would render the gameplay boring due to the discouragement to do illegal thing.

2. People can abuse of this. Ifyou get robocoped you're fucked.

3. People might be saving up to buy a new house or other and would rather spend 45 mins in jail than spend 3h making the money taken away from me back.

There can be many other situations so I just put a few here. This could be put in place but instead of money, we could change it to time. I think we should add up to 15 minutes max for those who have the money but chose not to pay. This would mean that the max jail time would have to be raised.

There is a positive for this. That is that it would encourage prison breaks. Who doesn't like fights?

RomanRunsCA likes this
9 minutes ago, HotWings said:

How about you dont be a disrespectful turd and actually offer real input?  

It makes sense to make a criminal pay the transportation and processing costs just like IRL.  

Yea dude, hitting send to jail where you're miracously teleported there is pretty expensive, this Is no where close to real life so don't bring that argument up.

Edited by L1on
Atmosphere, Bersabee, Steve and 1 other like this
3 minutes ago, Hypanius said:

See originally i thought you wanted to implement this to force more rp, you would be losing so much money to jail time you would be forced to try lower your ticket. But now i see you literally just have a problem with people having ways of getting out of jail and you feel its not harsh enough. I'd like to remind you that this is just a game. Ways out of jail include posting bail by pressing plates, prison break and a trial. One requires time and effort to complete a tedious task, prison break will take money/risk effort and a trial is a great way to produce civ-civ rp. The punishment of going to jail is losing all your (expensive) gear and having to potentially wait up to 45 minutes, unless you put time and effort into various types of game content.  Refused payment penalty is such a bad idea. The refuse button is there to offer people the freedom and choice of paying or not, its so illogical to just essentially steal there money. You may not realize but people who don't play only cop have to grind to make money. Guy has 500K in his bank and wont pay a damn 15K ticket for killing 3 cops? I don't see where you problem lies with this. 

"individuals who are rich enough to pay the ticket but will still refuse because fuck the police"

Do you seriously think this is why people refuse tickets? 

22 minutes ago, Hypanius said:

They should pay the ticket in order to avoid that jail time then.  Guy spends 45 min in jail for 50K, guy pays ticket avoiding going to jail and runs hemmit full of wreck excavation for an hour and makes 100K.  My suggestion is to stem people from committing these violent crimes especially against the cops and to instead if they are quite wanted actually consider turning themselves in as an actual alternative to being caught.

Why would I turn myself in? Most of the times I get robocopped, or explain myself for a hour and still get full ticket. Sure you can say my rp sucks, but the thing is, no matter how hard I try, people will never give me reduced tickets because gang tag. Sure money is not a n issue for me, but for the regular players it is. I can rob a gas station with a pistol and some random name and I hear sirens and 2 second later I'm downed and getting full ticket for not giving myself up. I was at cocaine fields once, a n undercover SGT showed up, downed me wihtout saying anything, full ticket etc without ever showing he is a cop. The issue with your suggestion is what I just said, that cops are not likely to give you a cut on your tickets which will in return hurt the little guy trying to make some cash from cocaine. You are only thinking about the gang members doing bank and their nonscope 1337 whatever legend they call themself, not everyone. If you want your suggestion to be a valid suggestion, you first need to change your police force into actually rping. As of right now, there are zero incentives for me to give myself up than trying to shoot my way out

I can see you want there to be more consequences for major law breakers. I can follow  your "logic" (mostly) but i see some glaring flaws.

1.) time served in jail=payment. to take a base fee + time served would mean paratus would essentially have to rethink the entire jail system.  Whats acceptable, what is not? We have major issues within the servers that should be way higher in priority on the development list. (and only 1 dev to tackle it all)

2.) if someone is guaranteed to lose money when they are wanted and stopped by a cop. Combat logging and other exploiting bullshit is going to go threw the roof. creating far more work for a admin staff that is already overworked.

3.) You think the civs and rebels hate us now? this would cause a freaking uprising of epic proportions. It would be angry mobs vs. apd out of spite. and the law abiding civs would suffer even more .

4.) Considering how much i still see our officers fail at properly RP'n, or even following basic procedure. The APD is not even close to ready for something like this.

Edited by Reavantos
5 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

Why would I turn myself in? Most of the times I get robocopped, or explain myself for a hour and still get full ticket. Sure you can say my rp sucks, but the thing is, no matter how hard I try, people will never give me reduced tickets because gang tag. Sure money is not a n issue for me, but for the regular players it is. I can rob a gas station with a pistol and some random name and I hear sirens and 2 second later I'm downed and getting full ticket for not giving myself up. I was at cocaine fields once, a n undercover SGT showed up, downed me wihtout saying anything, full ticket etc without ever showing he is a cop. The issue with your suggestion is what I just said, that cops are not likely to give you a cut on your tickets which will in return hurt the little guy trying to make some cash from cocaine. You are only thinking about the gang members doing bank and their nonscope 1337 whatever legend they call themself, not everyone. If you want your suggestion to be a valid suggestion, you first need to change your police force into actually rping. As of right now, there are zero incentives for me to give myself up than trying to shoot my way out

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ also -100 on the idea