Cop suggestion

Just now, Flameless said:

9/10 times after an illegal area is checked, it is fully cleared. Because an officer has a hunch and is "suspicious" of activity within the area does not mean they are exempt from doing so. I see what they mean though. Some people are still upset about the switch to wiki as well. 

The times in question are when the cops die.  Thus reverting back to the guidebook, I can return without waiting as it states I only mark if there is not suspicious activity.  Its not about liking or disliking the Wiki, its about what the actual guidelines say. 

Just now, HotWings said:

The times in question are when the cops die.  Thus reverting back to the guidebook, I can return without waiting as it states I only mark if there is not suspicious activity.  Its not about liking or disliking the Wiki, its about what the actual guidelines say. 

I brought up the common dislike for the wiki in that higher-ups are looking to play with the word choice of what is written within because of aggrevation. I understand what you're saying, but since within internal affairs it does state that violation of Misc. apd guidelines could result in the dispersal of points upon the disgretion of the senior staff member whether or not it was violated and how many points are to be issued. Since it was stated by Leady that as officers are fully wiped, they are not to return; there really shouldn't be any conflict over it and they should make edits to the guidebook immediately.

Patato likes this

I brought up the common dislike for the wiki in that higher-ups are looking to play with the word choice of what is written within because of aggrevation. I understand what you're saying, but since within internal affairs it does state that violation of Misc. apd guidelines could result in the dispersal of points upon the disgretion of the senior staff member whether or not it was violated and how many points are to be issued. Since it was stated by Leady that as officers are fully wiped, they are not to return; there really shouldn't be any conflict over it and they should make edits to the guidebook immediately.

I agree

He says mark it even if wiped, guidebook says otherwise. Whats the point of a guidebook if you are going to contradict it. 

3 minutes ago, drex said:

understandable. Like I said I'm not a cop. I fully don't understand the system. it was just something that I wanted feedback by both cops and civ members 

I'm just trolling bro I respect your opinion and views on the subject.  But tbh people don't get paid that much when playing cop imo.

Edited by DJB
drex likes this

If i recall it wasnt even a policy update, it was just his opinion on something in a thread.  How would you even consider enforcing something like that?  He can have that opinion all he wants, but in order for it to be an official rule/update all the captains would have had to agree and change it. They didn't 

On topic, change it so cops are required to actually rebuy their gear after death.  Spawn with p07 and vest only.  

2 hours ago, drex said:

Okay so to start off I am not a cop, but this suggestion would effect gameplay for everyone. I believe that cops should spawn in naked just like civs. Maybe make their first loadout free, but then make them pay for the rest of their loadouts because I think the system makes it so laid back and easy for cops. I know I will probably get flamed by everyone on the APD, but cops literally respawn and come back and die again like they have 100 mil in their bank account. Rebels have to pay a lot compared to cops and I feel like if the cops were required to pay just as much for their loadouts it would change the gameplay and some of them might wait a full 5 minutes asking to be revived (just like I do when i have a 5.56 loadouts from turf).  who thinks the risk  vs. reward is too good for cops?

If anyone wants to negate my suggestion please leave valuable feedback or a -1 (not "you must be new" or "you are dumb")  because I may be looking at it the wrong way. 

"Rebels have to pay a lot compared to cops."

- You don't need to be a rebel?

- APD sponsered by the government.

- APD goes to illegal area's where they can get shot.

- As told above, police are also a target of being rdmed.

Just now, Witz said:

"Rebels have to pay a lot compared to cops."

- You don't need to be a rebel?

- APD sponsered by the government.

- APD goes to illegal area's where they can get shot.

- As told above, police are also a target of being rdmed.

I understand. However, there is a reason cops "play style" is a lot different from rebels. They rush and in reality do they care about dying? My whole point is that there isn't much to loose. If there was more to loose they would respect their own lives a lot more. 

Edited by drex
10 minutes ago, Scott said:

You CLEARLY were not around when cops would buy their loadout once and respawn with that gear every time for free. I think it was better when cops didn't lose money when they died because they weren't scared to push, now all cops just sit 600m out and snipe at things they will never hit.

Scared to push or value their lives more?

5 hours ago, drex said:

Okay so to start off I am not a cop, but this suggestion would effect gameplay for everyone. I believe that cops should spawn in naked just like civs. Maybe make their first loadout free, but then make them pay for the rest of their loadouts because I think the system makes it so laid back and easy for cops. I know I will probably get flamed by everyone on the APD, but cops literally respawn and come back and die again like they have 100 mil in their bank account. Rebels have to pay a lot compared to cops and I feel like if the cops were required to pay just as much for their loadouts it would change the gameplay and some of them might wait a full 5 minutes asking to be revived (just like I do when i have a 5.56 loadouts from turf).  who thinks the risk  vs. reward is too good for cops?

If anyone wants to negate my suggestion please leave valuable feedback or a -1 (not "you must be new" or "you are dumb")  because I may be looking at it the wrong way. 

I actually like this idea. If cops were to spawn in with just their uniform and some necessary items (rank determined uniform, vest, hat, 5 redgull, 1 coffee, 3 donuts, 2 pain killers) but had to go and buy load-outs I personally think that it would make things more interesting and valuable. I also believe this would pair fairly well with cops making an increased amount of money by either increasing the money cap we get from arresting bounties and/or increasing the paycheck of officers by their rank. As a Cadet or Constable should not be making the same paycheck as a SGT or LT. 

An increased amount of money from cop duties, and more expensive and/or the requirement to purchase gear would make playing cop feel like a faction and not just something to do when bored. I believe that would add more RP and an overall better feel to cop gameplay along with the thought of officers actions instead of just running in guns blazing without thinking at all as they practically lose nothing when you die.  I have noticed the free load-outs with a spar (which is a really good weapon to be honest) causes officers to not think or care about their deaths as they lose nothing and know they will eventually catch them and make money.

Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

To add to this great idea, I think all cops should spawn in completely naked and each time they die, get a financial penalty of 100k. That would really make them value their lives and increase RP on this very heavy RP server. 

Your memes are weak, just stop already

There is a reason the guidebook doesn't tell you how to wipe your ass. Common sense, don't be a scumbag cop. Each administration may hold different views on the policy. JB and Myself held you get wiped you don't go back. The current Cpts may view it differently.

As to the load out - if Cops were gearing with carrier lites and mk's id agree. But they have a tac vest and a 5.56. The only time there would be an issue is if you are camping an HQ, which is your decision to do so knowing the risk.

6 hours ago, drex said:

How about NO

12 minutes ago, Leady said:

There is a reason the guidebook doesn't tell you how to wipe your ass. Common sense, don't be a scumbag cop. Each administration may hold different views on the policy. JB and Myself held you get wiped you don't go back. The current Cpts may view it differently.

As to the load out - if Cops were gearing with carrier lites and mk's id agree. But they have a tac vest and a 5.56. The only time there would be an issue is if you are camping an HQ, which is your decision to do so knowing the risk.

Are cops aloud to spawn there while it's being raided?

Let's make a little bit of a situation here :

Let's see I patroll kavala without a battle buddy cause i'm a fucking retard alright? Loadout price : CSAT + MX + 5 tracers mags and 3 stanags (this cost me just under 9k)

I get instantly told to put ma hands up while driving the car then get shot out before even being able to respond, medic revives me > instantly being shot again. And don't be like well then don't patroll Kavala, cause I believe kavala can also be a fun place. So assume I die around 8 times with ma full loadout because of bamboo Union attacking the hq @Sheriff Rick Grimes that is 8 * 9 k = 72k

Rebel goes the outpost, buys loadout assuming you have no cartels/turfs/jack shit you will probably pay around 30k, assuming you check the rebel and you won't be ratted you get out there with the full deal (smokes-weapon-csat-vest-bunch of mags redgulls and all that good shit). Following step : either rebel goes to kavala and looks to fight cops, he won't get rdm'd (most of the time) cause kiddo's aren't scared of rebels cause rebels don't require them to roleplay :FeelsBadMan:. So the other scenario is the rebel goes out to the cartels (Looking for a fight)

Conclusion : Cops don't nessecary Always look for a fight but get killed alot.

Rebels usually look for fights, wich includes the risk of dieing, and then say your loadout's are to expensive?

If you can't afford  rebel then do some scotch, money making is easy on civ.

Cop's already barely make money (unless your one of those who goes with his spawn loadout and fucks his fellow cops up by doing so (in long range fights).

So no, rebels loadout shouldn't be cheaper, you want a big gun? then pay a big price

Spoiler

Craft your guns, thank me later

Edited by wollie35
drex likes this
55 minutes ago, wollie35 said:

Let's see I patroll kavala without a battle buddy cause i'm a fucking retard alright? Loadout price : CSAT + MX + 5 tracers mags and 3 stanags (this cost me just under 9k)

I get instantly told to put ma hands up while driving the car then get shot out before even being able to respond, medic revives me > instantly being shot again. And don't be like well then don't patroll Kavala, cause I believe kavala can also be a fun place. So assume I die around 8 times with ma full loadout because of bamboo Union attacking the hq @Sheriff Rick Grimes that is 8 * 9 k = 72k

Rebel goes the outpost, buys loadout assuming you have no cartels/turfs/jack shit you will probably pay around 30k, assuming you check the rebel and you won't be ratted you get out there with the full deal (smokes-weapon-csat-vest-bunch of mags redgulls and all that good shit). Following step : either rebel goes to kavala and looks to fight cops, he won't get rdm'd (most of the time) cause kiddo's aren't scared of rebels cause rebels don't require them to roleplay :FeelsBadMan:. So the other scenario is the rebel goes out to the cartels (Looking for a fight)

Rebels usually look for fights, wich includes the risk of dieing, and then say your loadout's are to expensive?

Cop's already barely make money (unless your one of those who goes with his spawn loadout and fucks his fellow cops up by doing so (in long range fights).

So no, rebels loadout shouldn't be cheaper, you want a big gun? then pay a big price

Reveal hidden contents

100% agree. It is just I don't have your perspective. This makes a ton of sense. However, it just sucks when there of waves of the same cops in such quick bursts. 

1 hour ago, wollie35 said:

Reveal hidden contents

No cop in their right mind would come to kavala with anything valuable.

23 hours ago, drex said:

I believe that cops should spawn in naked just like civs. 

cops literally respawn and come back and die again like they have 100 mil in their bank account.

Rebels have to pay a lot compared to cops 

That's absurd, 9 times out of 10 there's more activity on the island than the police force can handle as it is. That suggestion would make it way worse. Apply for cop, try it out for a bit and you'll see what I mean.

When was the last time you saw a career cop in the top 10? 

Rebels are also at an EXTREME advantage with that gear. 

At the moment, with the armor I purchase for lower ranking officers to utilize strategically in needed situations, on the contrary, it's difficult for officers at the moment to make money. If anything, we LOSE money. I'm sorry, but as of right now, I can speak on behalf of most officers, we'd rather not have the system altered. @Flameless

It would be nice if the cost of armor would source from the pool of cop prestige after maxing out every ability in the precinct system. @Gnashes

22 hours ago, patato12 said:

Once cops are wiped they are not allowed to return to an illegal area for 20mins without a ping.

I think a bit of common sense goes a long way in regards to returning to a fight. We need more common sense. Not rules. You can do anything with roleplay. More cowbell bro, MOAR. 

wollie35 likes this
Just now, Dredd said:

That's absurd, 9 times out of 10 there's more activity on the island than the police force can handle as it is. That suggestion would make it way worse. Apply for cop, try it out for a bit and you'll see what I mean.

When was the last time you saw a career cop in the top 10? 

Rebels are also at an EXTREME advantage with that gear. 

It would be nice if the cost of armor would source from the pool of cop prestige after maxing out every ability in the precinct system. @Gnashes

I think a bit of common sense goes a long way in regards to returning to a fight. We need more common sense. Not rules. You can do anything with roleplay. More cowbell bro, MOAR. 

Ty, mostly about the common sense thing, the average civ now thinks that the officer is a goddamn computer wich will ouput his code from top to bottom, in that exact order. I had a moment when me and a fellow officer saw someone with a katiba in his hands, then he saw our car and put it in his backpack and said we couldn't search him. Cop's have eyes, brain and probably knows how to connect a certain link people