Whitelisted Medics

Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

With an Asylum server only holding 100 people, how many slots would there be? Sometimes cops thwart civs from doing anything at all. Add a bunch of medics and you have less civs than whitelisted players.

Well, as it stands we have around 42 whitelisted APD slots, 4 of those slots are "Whitelisted-drug" which are none existent at the present time. I think with some tweaking, we could dedicate a lot more slots for whitelisted medics. 

Flameless likes this

Also, I know some other servers have where you can request medic over and over again without bleeding out so you can give the medic time to travel to you, maybe do something like that but maybe you are only to request a maximum of 2 times when dead? So you know.. you don't have an infinite respawn timer.

For example:

You die at heroin field

The medic coming to you is in Kavala

Say it takes him more than 5 minutes to get there, but luckily you can request medic to restart your respawn timer so the medic has a chance of making it to you in time.

Along with whitelisted medics, the payout for reviving someone could be determined by the amount of distance traveled to the person? Say, the revive fee is $800 default, but for every kilometer you travel to the person, the payout is increased by $100.

Edited by thero
FudgeR, Brendon Smith and JAY1HP like this
Just now, thero said:

Also, I know some other servers have where you can request medic over and over again without bleeding out so you can give the medic time to travel to you, maybe do something like that but maybe you are only to request a maximum of 2 times when dead? So you know.. you don't have an infinite respawn timer.

For example:

You die at heroin field

The medic coming to you is in Kavala

Say it takes him more than 5 minutes to get there, but luckily you can request medic to restart your respawn timer so the medic has a chance of making it to you in time.

Along with whitelisted medics, the payout for reviving someone could be determined by the amount of distance traveled to the person? Say, the revive fee is $800 default, but for every kilometer you travel to the payout is increased by $100.

-2 cause both ideas are bad. if you have it were its just a base increase to pay then that would be fine

Just now, Brandon said:

+1 but as a rule ALL medics are not allowed to revive during active firefights ANYWHERE even if it is to assist cops. and if medics are on scene then revives should not be handed out by cops unless ordered to by a medic (wont apply to civ's cause we cant really control them)

Not realistic. Part of the thrill of being a medic is being able to revive people that are being shot, and any party of a firefight should be able to do what they need to in order to win. 

LennieTheLegend likes this
Just now, Sky said:

Not realistic. Part of the thrill of being a medic is being able to revive people that are being shot, and any party of a firefight should be able to do what they need to in order to win. 

true but i added that cause it would add a fairness factor so medics don't just revive people constantly in combat. that or increase the no revive timer to 10 minutes instead of 5

Edited by Brandon
Just now, AegonTargaryenTv said:

As long as every civ can pull defib out of his pocket with blood bags and adrenaline medic will be the role that you can live without. If you can live without something then it's not worth making it whitelisted. You need devs to be ready to make big changes and then sky is the limit as far as ideas go. 

Just now, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Viability and perks (defibs, blood bags, reduced revive timers, and other talents) would be what I'm striving to accomplish. Incentives for adhering to structure and standards. 

I'm not sure if I was clear in what I was trying to say, but Aegon pretty much has it right. 

Regardless if you add all these cool perks for whitelisted medics, it won't matter because all civilians are able to carry medic equipment. All a medic is going to be able to do is respond to medic requests and when they get there, the person has already been revived. Playing medic would be pointless and boring. 

Now what I can say for sure, is that if you take away defibs from civilians and have a system similar to Olympus, people who fight cartels are going to be upset because this is the biggest difference (in my opinion) between Asylum and Olympus. 

My suggestion would be to remove adrenaline shots AND painkillers. When ever a civ is revived by another civ, they have the shaking effect and only have 75 health. When a medic revives a civ, they are perfectly fine. 

Just now, Reapered said:

I'm not sure if I was clear in what I was trying to say, but Aegon pretty much has it right. 

Regardless if you add all these cool perks for whitelisted medics, it won't matter because all civilians are able to carry medic equipment. All a medic is going to be able to do is respond to medic requests and when they get there, the person has already been revived. Playing medic would be pointless and boring. 

Now what I can say for sure, is that if you take away defibs from civilians and have a system similar to Olympus, people who fight cartels are going to be upset because this is the biggest difference (in my opinion) between Asylum and Olympus. 

My suggestion would be to remove adrenaline shots AND painkillers. When ever a civ is revived by another civ, they have the shaking effect and only have 75 health. When a medic revives a civ, they are perfectly fine. 

+1 cause realisticly, attempting complex medical procedures without a license is against the law so why would selling medical equipment to unlicensed individuals be allowed

Edited by Brandon
Brendon Smith likes this
Just now, Reapered said:

Ideally, for medics to be truly viable the DEV's would have to remove something from the civs to make them relevant/needed.  

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

+1 cause realisticly, attempting complex medical procedures without a license is against the law so why would selling medical equipment to unlicensed individuals be allowed

this

Ideally, for medics to be truly viable the DEV's would have to remove something from the civs to make them relevant/needed.  

Like what Brandon said, make it so civs must purchase some sort of license to be able to use medical equipment such as defibs.

59 minutes ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Greetings Asylum,

Whitelisting medics has been a desire of mine since joining the Asylum Admin team. I'm sure many others in this community have also given it some thought over the years. Obviously, when you whitelist a class (such as cops) you must have people that are willing to step up and give oversight to enforce standards. I feel the underlining issue with whitelisting medics is not only the oversight issue but the Dev's willingness to implement this.

Looking for ideas and feedback from the community on how (if the Dev's are willing) we would accomplish whitelisting medics on Asylum. 

Thank you in advance. 

No helping rebels when they are fighting cops would be nice... too annoying to have rebels just sit on a roof with 2 medics and just get revives nonstop.

Brendon Smith likes this
Just now, Jimbo said:

just don't make the medics and untouchable faction like olympus has

You take enjoyment in killing unarmed medics?

I always suspected you were sick like that --___--

+1 I want to be able to take their clothes to add to my collection, they don't need them ;) 

@BaDaBiNg_10-8

I didn't read much of the posts, but I think whitelisted medic slots could work out pretty well especially if it didn't have a rank system that rewards people for getting their nose a little brown.

A simple select few who could promote/demote new medics and get a few extra abilities, no need for any more ranks since there wouldn't be any guidebook.

Of course some things would have to change on the CIV side to make medics more useful. More expensive single time use defibs, the 30 second timer raised, etc.

Here's my layout:

1. Volunteer Medic (Unwhitelisted, basic gear)  

2. EMT-I (EMT- Intermediate, prestige, perks, access to hatchback sports) 

3. EMT-P (EMT- Paramedic, all perks, have charge over other whitelisted medics, armor, medic hunters for combat revives? Quite a stretch, but trying to give some value to the slots. The Hunters would be expensive and inaccessible to any other slot, just like the Hummingbird is) 

Basic Rules:

•  Medics will have to softlog to provide at least one life of support to the APD at a bank, fed, or prison break. 
  • Obey paramedic orders if given. If orders are not given, medics are free to revive anyone they feel. 
  • Hunters will not be used to ram other armored vehicles, or automatic removal will result.
  • Be professional. Any evidence of being a troll or toxic is subject for removal.
  • If asked to be helped by a civilian, medic MUST assist unless told otherwise by a higherup or APD officer. 

In regards to dev team options, increasing the timer for blood transfusions and splints for cops and civs is one that would give medics a bigger role. We'd need word from Paratus himself to see the extent he'd be willing to go to make this work, or if he's willing to at all. 

Some of what Killswitch put in his thread could work as simple guidelines and perks for medics, though I don't agree with all of them, such as the radius-dependent requests.  

Edited by Sky
8 minutes ago, Vincent WY said:

Didn't Killswitch suggest a system for medics?

Killswitch, Padrinos, and I have wanted this type of system for awhile now. @Mr Smirnoff has some amazing medic uniforms and vehicles already that he uses for events and general fun. I think with the right type of planning and delivery, this idea is completely possible. I would even volunteer my time to be Chief of Medics from an Admin perspective much like the dedicated CoP we currently have in place.  

tldr. But I looked at what olympus has going for medic and have to say everything on it is quite amazing. Its basically like the police force but for medics. Not saying copy it directly but a lot of the points and features made could be used on asylum.

BaDaBiNg_10-8 likes this
1 hour ago, thero said:

Along with whitelisted medics, the payout for reviving someone could be determined by the amount of distance traveled to the person? Say, the revive fee is $800 default, but for every kilometer you travel to the person, the payout is increased by $100.

ive suggested this over and over

no luck so far.... maybe there is hope?

Yep I can only say what others already said... Make medic a bit more useful by removing defibs and such but I wouldnt take bloodbags, painkillers etc away from civ. Cuz calling a medic because you need a bloodbag is a waste of time imo.. and ppl will stick with the FAK. It will ruin civ life if dis will happen. (Removing every medical item.) They need some sort of self treatment. (Civs/Rebels)

Edited by HomeTrlx
1 hour ago, AegonTargaryenTv said:

Considering Asylum is light rp what kind of standards do u have in mind ? 

For me it would be 

1. Remaining neutral ((No more having a personal medic for feds/banks))

2. Not allowed to be dropping or giving items other than to heal players

Those would be the big two rules of a whitelisted medic but perks should include

1. a medic hatchback sport

2. Perk tree so they can specialize ((Combat Civilian or fast response medic))

Combat would give them armor and helmet's ((MEDIC HUNTERS :P ))

Civilian would be little things like first round pick for medic calls ((Non whitelisted would be alerted 30seconds after))

Fast response other than the hatchback sport would allow them to wait at a hospital or clinic and give them the ability to halo jump 

14 minutes ago, Vincent WY said:

As long as there are basic medics which anyone can play without being whitelisted.

Initially, I would want non-whitelisted medic slots (along with whitelisted) to allow new players to still experience a taste of the job, which would give them an incentive to want to be whitelisted. I would imagine once they see the money, perks, and other stuff that whitelisted medics have, it would be a natural progression.  

Initially, I would want non-whitelisted medic slots (along with whitelisted) to allow new players to still experience a taste of the job, which would give them an incentive to want to be whitelisted. I would imagine once they see the money, perks, and other stuff that whitelisted medics have, it would be a natural progression.  

Yep. Like 2 spots for not whitelisted medics and the rest is for whitelisted medics.

Going to be a headache but good idea if you can power though the problems. Medics really arnt as usfull as a civ with a defib. I would say give them dowing weapons but that would be Chaos. THey need some way to protect them selves otherwise they are going to constantly die because they cant down the hostile that is not letting them complete there job

Probably hard to understand im very tired

Just now, Abd Al Matin said:

Going to be a headache but good idea if you can power though the problems. Medics really arnt as usfull as a civ with a defib. I would say give them dowing weapons but that would be Chaos. THey need some way to protect them selves otherwise they are going to constantly die because they cant down the hostile that is not letting them complete there job

I think they will get killed even faster if someone knows the medics are armed. Like i couldnt trust a medic with a gun.

37 minutes ago, Abd Al Matin said:

Medics would, NEVER, be armed. I could totally see an armored medical vest similar to what's available to cops and rebels, but I think we are completely nullifying the medic when we introduce a firearm. Medical personnel IRL on an ambulance crew or hospital rely on the police for protection. In many states in the US, if you assault medical personnel it's a specific charge/enhancement, similar to assaulting a police officer. I would be on board with introducing a specific charge for assaulting (Attempted manslaughter) or killing a medic or police officer.  

A medic slot as if now is just a slot to be messing around Kavala Vdming and annoying people in general. Whitelisting would bring about great change in the Medic faction and would be something new in Asylum but if it does not bring any new abilities/uniforms/vehicles there is no use of it.

Nevertheless +1

Just now, Silver-Spy said:

A medic slot as if now is just a slot to be messing around Kavala Vdming and annoying people in general. Whitelisting would bring about great change in the Medic faction and would be something new in Asylum but if it does not bring any new abilities/uniforms/vehicles there is no use of it.

Nevertheless +1

Totally! Obviously, without DEV support and blessing, this idea is dead in the water. 

Silver-Spy likes this

If you have a whitelisted medic force and remove defibs from civs you would get some of the vocal members on Asylum posting about the loss of gang/cartel life because they can't keep reviving their friends in a fight. Secondly, there would be concern about corrupt medics from civ gangs getting whitelisted and helping their buddies out but not rival gangs. All that would have to be addressed in a way that doesn't impede on the gameplay that Asylum is used to.  If all that can be ironed out then a whitelisted medic faction could be something that would be enjoyable for a lot of players, especially younger ones that can't get into the APD. 

I'm also assuming the APD medic talents wouldn't be touched/altered in this scenario since the combat medic in the APD is probably one of the most important perks it has available. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
BaDaBiNg_10-8 and Silver-Spy like this