Whitelisted Medics

I absolutely love this idea, regardless of how it is implemented.  I randomly play medic just because its a hassle free way to play the game.  That being said, there are a lot of ways this could be designed...

Forget the idea of medics.  Make these whitelisted slots Doctors.  These are civilians with a different talent tree, think doctors without borders.  They are governed by Bada (Surgeon General) w/loose connections to both the APD and Rebels/Civilians.  Doctors get access to Orcas, sports, maybe even hunters if we are feeling spicy.  Doctors are allowed to carry a variety of downing weapons to protect themselves, albeit no zipties. (just a thought, inb4 medics shouldn't get weapons for X and Y)  But lets be real here, unless defibs are taken from everyone else, these whitelisted slots will be a novelty at best.  Load them up with purple smoke grenades as well.  If these are special whitelisted slots, they should be given to trusted players, which is literally the only way this next part will work in any capacity.

So how do you avoid preferential treatment from the doctor faction to the rebels/apd/etc?  When someone dies/requests medic, you and your highly trained comrades are assigned a mission to revive them much like a robbery dispatch.  You don't get to pick who you would get paid to save.  Might be Bikstok today, could be Captain Monopoly tomorrow.  Although you can still revive whomever you want technically, once you revive the designated target, depending on the situation, the group of swagged out doctors decide how to proceed/to pull out/if the situation is too hot to handle.

With the above system in mind, you never know when the boys in green/yellow will show up, and you don't know if they're coming to save your sorry ass or help someone else.

Some of the main talents...

All the APD prestige medic perks by default, obviously.  Near instant revives/splints, free/instant bloodbags, unlimited painkillers etc.

• Stabilize - Allow a trained Doctor to 'restrain' and 'move' dying people to a safer location for revive.  Make this a keybind so that highly trained Doctors can Kavala shuffle through the line of fire to relocate bodies.
  • Liaison to the Law - Reviving an APD member instantly repairs your nearby vehicle and provides you with a 25hp overheal for 3 minutes.
  • Squalle! - Reviving someone with rebel training deploys Ifrit smoke. :frog:
  • The People's Champion - Reviving a licensed bounty hunter/non-rebel has a 25% chance of being an instant revive and spawns 2 redgull on the ground 100% of the time.
  • Swift Medicine - Default movement speed increased by 10%.  Reviving someone increases this bonus to 20% for 1 minute.
  • Imported Russian Dash Cam - Your extensive experience as a medic allows clever manipulation of insurance companies.  May clear one hit and run charge every 10 minutes. 
  • Snap Out Of It - Every 2 minutes you can instantly cancel the downed state on a player.

I'm somewhat medicated during the writing of this post but at this moment, I feel this is a solid platform to build on.  If these are just whitelisted medic slots with a few extra perks that constantly lean toward reviving only the APD first, it will be boring af.  I would personally volunteer to help Bada lead up this new faction and guide Asylum into the future of highly specialized medical recon and extraction.

Edited by Shade
HomeTrlx, Bean, Cobra and 3 others like this

although I do agree on some of the above posts points...i have to waiver still away from medics having guns. too easy to pay off a medic to down someone who shot someone to revive and have it turned around.

i still think medics should be exempt from being robbed or stolen from. 

killed if not following someone's orders yes... do not revive... boom you revive and that's all you hear. 

we are here to help you not give you a extra punching bag to abuse. I left major city yesterday and was immediately robbed and shot for no reason other than I didn't have a med bag to give the guy. I was flying over to help someone who had gotten into a car wreck and my helo was shot at even though I carry [Medic]  tags in my name.... what was the point? I was at 200m above ground at full speed not overt a red zone. 

this is why I think we need to alter how medics are treated if they are white listed. we are advantageous to cops and rebels and the people just trying to survive. 

Cop/Civ

$800 payout removed on revive.

Blood bags and splints have a heavy increase in cost and weight.

Defibrillators have an increased weight and now only have a single use.

Any unconscious player outside 3km of the nearest medic can be "resuscitated" without a defibrillator. (Recovery time doubled, removal of weapon )

Spoiler

This is to encourage players to only heal and revive their gang or group members. These change suggestions are not intended to affect the combat medic role of the APD. Players can carry multiple defibrillators. The resuscitate option is designed for players that do not have defibrillators and do not have medics nearby. The resuscitate option does not remove weapons for the APD, the time it takes to resuscitate is doubled. The heavy cost to carry and resupply medical equipment is punishing for those who revive or heal non-associates. Players shouldn't be hurt as much on getting a revive in harsh situations.

Medics (whitelisted)

Vehicles & Equipment

•          Carrier Light Vest
  •    P07 Downing
  •       EMS Hatchback
  • EMS Hellcat
  • EMS Hunter

Pay Distribution

(Split amongst online medics)

• $5,000 on revive
  • $3,700 on heal (37$ per 1 health)
  • $2,000 per splint

Spoiler

The downing weapon for medics is allowed to defend EMS equipment and vehicles from theft only. Otherwise must be holstered at all times. The EMS hunter should only be pulled out during banks/feds/prison or when authorized by a supervisor. Medics should not receive pay when reviving other medics.

The benefits of a whitelisted medic should offer players a rule friendly atmosphere, decent pay and a significant role that differs from the APD.  Being professional at all times and offer utility when it is not present.

DonDurka and Farom like this
21 hours ago, VinnyMac said:

Cop/Civ

Any unconscious player outside 3km of the nearest medic can be "resuscitated" without a defibrillator. (Recovery time doubled, removal of weapon )

Hide contents

This is to encourage players to only heal and revive their gang or group members. These change suggestions are not intended to affect the combat medic role of the APD. Players can carry multiple defibrillators. The resuscitate option is designed for players that do not have defibrillators and do not have medics nearby. The resuscitate option does not remove weapons for the APD, the time it takes to resuscitate is doubled. The heavy cost to carry and resupply medical equipment is punishing for those who revive or heal non-associates. Players shouldn't be hurt as much on getting a revive in harsh situations.

Medics (whitelisted)

Vehicles & Equipment

•    No gun
  •       EMS Hatchback
  • EMS Hellcat
  • EMS Hunter

Pay Distribution

• $5,000 on revive
  • $2,000 per splint

Hide contents

The EMS hunter should only be pulled out during banks/feds/prison or when authorized by a supervisor. Medics should not receive pay when reviving other medics.

The benefits of a whitelisted medic should offer players a rule friendly atmosphere, decent pay and a significant role that differs from the APD.  Being professional at all times and offer utility when it is not present.

+1 I only changed 1 thing there... Medics shouldnt be armed at all.. 

VinnyMac and DonDurka like this
On 28/04/2017 at 5:36 PM, VinnyMac said:

Cop/Civ

Reveal hidden contents

Medics (whitelisted)

Vehicles & Equipment

•    P07 Downing
  •       EMS Hatchback
  • EMS Hellcat
  • EMS Hunter

Pay Distribution

• $5,000 on revive
  • $2,000 per splint

Reveal hidden contents

The downing weapon for medics is allowed to defend EMS equipment and vehicles from theft only. Otherwise must be holstered at all times. The EMS hunter should only be pulled out during banks/feds/prison or when authorized by a supervisor. Medics should not receive pay when reviving other medics.

would pay way too much lol

If you whitelist the medic faction there definitely needs to be a bit more incentive to play on it. I'm all for it though definitely. I believe larger pay checks and a wider variety of vehicles would make me play medic way more. Medics should actually be willing to play as medics however so they should understand the fundamentals of the game and the laws of the island as well as the rules of the server. I'd love to fly around a WY-55 Hellcat skinned for medics and pick people up all day. As others have said I also believe that they should have some sort of ranking system similar to that of fire departments IRL. Something like EMT, Medic, Lieutenant, Captain, Chief.

Yes, This would prevent those idiot medics who say they're on the way, but really are all the way in Kavala when you're in Sophia.

But for real, this would be perfect. Age restriction would also be good. I'm done with 12 year old medics not reviving you instead of fixing your car.

P.S. I'm guessing that it's going to be like the police system except for paramedics. 

- Age restriction 

- More talents 

- Medics care about their reputation and don't want to be black listed, putting them in the direction to not run over people. 

- Like a bounty hunter's "honor"system, the medics would have a "Respect" system or something of that sort.

• B A R K I N • likes this

My idea is a hybrid. Whitlisted medics would mean less medics more likely but dedicated medics which is good. Have some slots that are standard medics as they are now but a few extra slots for the "whitelisted" roles of medics with in-depth and enhanced capabilities within their arsenal of talents and equipment.

On 5/1/2017 at 4:15 PM, Budbringer said:

Theres a lot of good ideas here, but would Paratus be willing to dedicate time to do this?

Skeptical.... :shrug:. When was the last time we got skins or any significant updates to medics? The userbase is constantly asking for these things.

I'd gladly help formulate something. I'm a paramedic supervisor and teach paramedic classes, with college degrees in EMS in real life and have been playing this server over 2 years. Not that it translates to this, per se. 

Also, when cop medics are more powerful than actual slotted medics, there's a balance issue. The real medics should be the most powerful. Cops are cops.

Edited by Flashpoint
: ) likes this

First they have to bring it up to the devs. IF they approve it, then they have to do the coding, then you gotta find a Person whos " leading" the whitelist medics and sets everything up.. AND then  they will open apps and stuff. So it will take a while... But if the devs are saying NO welp nothing is gonna happen.

On ‎8‎-‎5‎-‎2017 at 3:45 PM, Flashpoint said:

Skeptical.... :shrug:. When was the last time we got skins or any significant updates to medics? The userbase is constantly asking for these things.

I'd gladly help formulate something. I'm a paramedic supervisor and teach paramedic classes, with college degrees in EMS in real life and have been playing this server over 2 years. Not that it translates to this, per se. 

Also, when cop medics are more powerful than actual slotted medics, there's a balance issue. The real medics should be the most powerful. Cops are cops.

Hold on a second, I just got ma CPL, Im down for whitelisted medic, but leave ma Cop medic slot out of sight please ;) 

On 4/26/2017 at 10:08 PM, Reapered said:

To keep both the people happy and paratus happy, i would check to see if you can have open slots for basic medics like the ones we have now, and whitelisted medics with more perks but under strict rules. 

Honestly, I disagree with this because if you had ever been in Kavala you'd know that medics are really annoying. They VDM all the time there, I've died several times die to annoying medics. But with this white listing system, medics would actually care about their reputation and not want to get black listed. Also much more people would play as medic because they actually have something to work for (talents, reputation) I for one would play as a medic. Not to mention the squeakers, with a while listing system we wouldn't have to deal with 12 year old VDMing medics. If you go on an Olympus server, you'd see that the medics there actually help you while you are 10 KM away from them, they come in helicopters and actually care to come for you. Thanks 

-Leonid Brezhnev

• B A R K I N • likes this

It's not a bad idea, but I have one concern:

I play medic very seldom.  But when I do play medic, I do it very well.  I put the safety of others ahead of myself and do everything I can to revive people who are requesting medic.  I fly medivac and have no reservations about responding to any call within my range.

That said, I doubt I would play medic any more if I had to go through any sort of process like the cops have to do through.

Maybe, instead of having an administrative process (what you're calling "whitelist") you could do the opposite and create a "black-list" for those players who are not performing the duties as they should be.  You know, "innocent until proven guilty" type of thing?  

I agree there are medics who don't do their job and that should change.  But I'd hate to see people discouraged to play medic at all because of too much red tape.

Let's be honest here... you're not going to get rich as a medic.  $800 per revive isn't worth the hassle it would take to get "whitelisted".   Instead of punishing everyone, just punish those who deserve it.

5 minutes ago, cogenerate said:

It's not a bad idea, but I have one concern:

I play medic very seldom.  But when I do play medic, I do it very well.  I put the safety of others ahead of myself and do everything I can to revive people who are requesting medic.  I fly medivac and have no reservations about responding to any call within my range.

That said, I doubt I would play medic any more if I had to go through any sort of process like the cops have to do through.

Maybe, instead of having an administrative process (what you're calling "whitelist") you could do the opposite and create a "black-list" for those players who are not performing the duties as they should be.  You know, "innocent until proven guilty" type of thing?  

I agree there are medics who don't do their job and that should change.  But I'd hate to see people discouraged to play medic at all because of too much red tape.

Let's be honest here... you're not going to get rich as a medic.  $800 per revive isn't worth the hassle it would take to get "whitelisted".   Instead of punishing everyone, just punish those who deserve it.

But with this whitelisting system, medics would earn more money

Edited by Leonid Brezhnev
  • 2 weeks later...

+1

I truly think the middle ground would be perfect to have whitelisted medics that have extra talents .   

- Have it so maybe 4 public medic slots are open, where they have only a basic truck and only spawn with pain killers and splints.

-Then have whitelisted medics (Advanced Medic Whitelist slot)

• * White listed medics have a roll of Taxi / Medic Role
  • Spawn with full loadout and a Lvl 2 Armor vest
  • * Prestige talent system for maybe hellcats
  • The ability to have something to defend themselves Perhaps a P07 (with an auto-charge if used) that way there is no abuse & it encourages RP between the police of what happened.   & with a whitelist only system for this perk you could enforce being removed for breaking the (Advanced Medic Whitelist slot)
  • Higher payouts for  (Advanced Medic)  & a cooldown on being able to revive the same person over and over to prevent farming one person.
DonDurka and Sandwich like this

+1 for whitelist slots. 

With greater responsability should also come greater benefits. We also need more fascilities to accomidate any increased responsabilities.

Places to pull helis on the east of the island like Pygros.

Perhaps a larger heli, like a medical mohawk for dealing with serious events and environmental disasters. 

A medical frigate/carrier would be my ultimate wishlist item. Like a dedicated medical hq with surgery areas akin to the skiptracer fascilities for bounty hunters.

• 2 weeks later...