Whitelisted Medics

Just take away defibs from everyone so only Medics can get people up, would force people to play medics. Increase medic pay, give them ranks like the APD (But make the ranks based off how much time you have played not how well you wear knee pads) the higher the medic rank the more stuff they can do like enter red zones and get medic orcas or something like that. 

Just above all please make it so medics can only bring people back, has always made me upset that I can fill someone full of 7.62 then some random ass picks him up like nothing ever happened... Also increase bleed out timer, give the medics more time to respond to calls the bleed out timer set currently is just way too short.

I didn't go through all the 6 pages but the altis life serverI played a long time ago had some good rules imo. There could perhaps be 1 or 2 unwhitelisted slots that are same as current medic, but then whirelisted slots that have to abide by strict rules, but recieve bonuses for medic actions completed.

Here is a copypaste of the medic rules from my old server. 

• Follow the server rules at all times.
  • If you get called to the scene of a firefight, do not enter or attempt to revive anyone until the fighting has ceased.
  • If you get called to the scene of a firefight and the fighting has stopped, you must identify the winning faction/gang and receive their permission on who to revive.
  • Do not partake in any illegal activity while on duty.
  • Always drive carefully.
  • If responding to a call, make sure you have your sirens on.
  • Only give someone a ride if they are stuck in a remote area of the map without a vehicle.
  • There is no buddy protection while playing as a medic. You must provide assistance to everyone equally.

Perhaps prestige/more perks for whitelisted medics. 

Edit: keep in mind these rules are back from before defibs.

Edited by Swift F
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I think this is a a great idea, for one it would make it so that medics are not just randos that jumped in the role an are just trolls like the people you most likely died by.

Maybe even a small rank system for them even, no idea how that would work but someone could work it out.

Up the pay a bit and give them a light armor vest to stop pistol bangers.

Bherky likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

Care to revive and revise this proposal with the new DLC incoming? @BaDaBiNg_10-8

Plenty of suggestions around here to polish up on a final plan, most of which revolve around the same ideas and principles. 

If it doesn't work this time around with the DLC inbound, then I'd say it's a lost cause. 

Edited by Sky

I think whitelisted medics would work on asylum, but I believe there should still be public medics. The whitelisted ones would have access to more vehicles, such as a hatchback sport and different clothing like hats or vests. Maybe they can have orcas, hemmt's, and possibly the new van that is coming out in the new dlc. There's a lot of potential for medics that's just going to waste.

• 4 months later...
Just now, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

BUMP. I'm in negotiations with the Dev's to make this a reality. I encourage EVERYONE to leave feedback or ideas.   

I’m all for it and I think we should do something similar to Olympus:

-Defibs become limited use (maybe twice) before needing an adrenaline shot by a medic (remove adrenaline from civs) or getting treated at a hospital before they bleed out by server restart.

-Remove auto repair from civs and force them to carry toolkits or they’d need to call EMS for help.

-Limit the tow script to medics only and add in a spot where they tow cars to and impound them.

-Create a rank based system based on merit and playtime with @bamf giving splunk access to the faction leader or make the leader an admin who already has it.

-As you climb the ranks you can do more things such as go to illegal areas and use more advanced vehicles like quilins, sports hatch and helicopters.

-Add more hospitals on the map.

Have revive payout be somewhere near 2.5k? And make it so when you request medic and a medic is on the way your timer extends by another 10 minutes. Dont nerf defibs, you will only drive away the player base. 

Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

-Defibs become limited use (maybe twice) before needing an adrenaline shot by a medic (remove adrenaline from civs) or getting treated at a hospital before they bleed out by server restart.

-Remove auto repair from civs and force them to carry toolkits or they’d need to call EMS for help.

1.) lol no

2.) Cops get some magical repair kit but civs dont?????? Seems like you just want to nerf civs more by making them carry less mags and more kits...

Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

-Limit the tow script to medics only and add in a spot where they tow cars to and impound them.

-Create a rank based system based on merit and playtime with @bamf giving splunk access to the faction leader or make the leader an admin who already has it.

-As you climb the ranks you can do more things such as go to illegal areas and use more advanced vehicles like quilins, sports hatch and helicopters.

-Add more hospitals on the map.

I feel that we can come to a happy medium. I like the way Olympus does things, but I don't want to remove the defibs from Civs/Cops. Maybe requiring more talents or reducing the time-limit for Civs/Cops to revive a player which would make the Whitelisted medic more relevant. 

The Monopoly Man likes this
Just now, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

I feel that we can come to a happy medium. I like the way Olympus does things, but I don't want to remove the defibs from Civs/Cops. Maybe requiring more talents or reducing the time-limit for Civs/Cops to revive a player which would make the Whitelisted medic more relevant. 

I agree with that, removing defibs that way would receive enormous amounts of negativity from the community. I like the penalty for not being revived by a non medic, but there needs to be something better in place to make people rely on medics alot more. 

BaDaBiNg_10-8 likes this

He's not giving up ;) 

--

- But maybey add a chance of failure when defibing  for civs, cops, unwhitelisted medics. since they are unskilled

For instance: 

Civs/APD : 30/40% chance of failure 

APD medic : 15/20% chance of failure

Un-whitelisted medic : 15/20 chance of failure

Whitelisted medic : 0% chance of failure

(If added a whitelisted lower rank in medic then : 10% chance of failure) 

Civs/APD failure : You have a 1 min cooldown/Normal revive cooldown. Unsure which would be better (Doesn't count for apd medic) 

Un-whitelisted medic : 20 sec cooldown  

Whitelisted : No cooldown 

The numbers can be changed, 

Just now, Azeh said:

Fuck no. I don't want to rely on some useless dribbler that's gonna be 10km away from me. Everyone on Olympus just puts their gear in a car, drives to their gang shed and suicides after getting epi pen'd. Medic is just generally uninteresting and nothing will change that. Server population isn't even healthy enough to support defib nerfs if it makes you rely more on medics that may not even be online.

TOXIC AZEH IS BACK!

• 6 months later...

I'm brand new to this server (read rules, but haven't even played it yet), but I have experience as a whitelisted medic on Olympus.
One of the things I dislike about being an on duty medic on Olympus is that you're forced to be on their medic teamspeak channel in order to communicate and coordinate with other medics. This to me is a tad too immersion breaking and not to mention flat out distracting when trying to stay in character in the game.

I'm thinking of playing here in Asylum for that reason alone, as I won't be forced to be in teamspeak while being a medic, my favorite role. I think if civilians here are already used to having defibrillators, then that should not change... I guess... However, like most people have said, maybe the medics should have some kind of benefit or buff to make them superior to regular civilians when it comes to providing aid and support to other players?

TL;DR: Whitelisted medics sounds good to me, but please don't force whitelisted medics to be on teamspeak while on duty.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like to be considered as a Whitelisted medic. I can also nominate a couple ofnother folks who in my experience since joining have been the bst medics Ive met. When I play Medic I spend most of the time in the air dispatching Grounds units to the 911 Calls while also being available to Provide Airlift assistance to those out of the ground coverage area. I would like to see a more fleshed out Guide book on procedures for Whitelisted/Unrestricted medics. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

One of the few reasons I have not yet switched over to Olympus is that their epi pens don't cut it for me. Defibs have been a part of Asylum for so long now, not quite since the very beginning but needless to say a very long time. The removal or nerf of defibs in anyway would certainly push me away from Asylum. I know quite a few people who don't play Olympus for this very reason. If the Bamf want to have white listed medics that is fine however bare in mind that defibs are not even as good as they once were, there have been nerfs and changes to them since their implementation. All in all, I feel like Defibs is one of the truly good things that seperates Asylum from Olympus, and it pains me to say that we don't have many of those left.

Russell* likes this
10 minutes ago, Steve said:

One of the few reasons I have not yet switched over to Olympus is that their epi pens don't cut it for me. Defibs have been a part of Asylum for so long now, not quite since the very beginning but needless to say a very long time. The removal or nerf of defibs in anyway would certainly push me away from Asylum. I know quite a few people who don't play Olympus for this very reason. If the Bamf want to have white listed medics that is fine however bare in mind that defibs are not even as good as they once were, there have been nerfs and changes to them since their implementation. All in all, I feel like Defibs is one of the truly good things that seperates Asylum from Olympus, and it pains me to say that we don't have many of those left.

Yooooooooo just switch tbh I switched coz of the Bois what's the point of staying for real bruh nothing left.

1 hour ago, Steve said:

epis arent even that bad lol, if you get killed by another player and you get epied, u have a timer until the server restart. if youre killed by a cop you have a 7 min dope timer, which sucks but usually when u do feds u kidnap a medic. and when theres fights, medics usually bring dope crates if theyre S&R,

On 12/8/2018 at 6:16 PM, Marzoh said:

epis arent even that bad lol, if you get killed by another player and you get epied, u have a timer until the server restart. if youre killed by a cop you have a 7 min dope timer, which sucks but usually when u do feds u kidnap a medic. and when theres fights, medics usually bring dope crates if theyre S&R,

Or they could just skip the BS and put in defibs instead of catering to the medic faction that makes up < 5 percent of the server population at any given time.

Gagss and Donald like this
19 hours ago, Steve said:

Or they could just skip the BS and put in defibs instead of catering to the medic faction that makes up < 5 percent of the server population at any given time.

I mean they actually give medics a purpose like that, even though i would rather take defibs over epi’s any day