Whitelisted Medics

Greetings Asylum,

Whitelisting medics has been a desire of mine since joining the Asylum Admin team. I'm sure many others in this community have also given it some thought over the years. Obviously, when you whitelist a class (such as cops) you must have people that are willing to step up and give oversight to enforce standards. I feel the underlining issue with whitelisting medics is not only the oversight issue but the Dev's willingness to implement this.

Looking for ideas and feedback from the community on how (if the Dev's are willing) we would accomplish whitelisting medics on Asylum. 

Thank you in advance. 

DJB, Spek, Mathy and 44 others like this

Should add more slots to medic so that there is a division between unwhitelisted and whitelsted. The unwhitelisted will have the basic gear that is provided at the moment, and whitelisted will have more perks and tools such as Hatchback Sports, quick heals/ revives, prestige systems and all that. The full whitelist requirement prevents the variety of options available to newcomers which I don't think the devs would appreciate. 

Just now, Reapered said:

To keep both the people happy and paratus happy, i would check to see if you can have open slots for basic medics like the ones we have now, and whitelisted medics with more perks but under strict rules. 

+1 let there be public spots, but give better perks / pay to whitelisted medics who intend to uphold their Hippocratic Oath instead flipping cars. 

Edited by Cobra
Just now, Sky said:

Should add more slots to medic so that there is a division between unwhitelisted and whitelsted. The unwhitelisted will have the basic gear that is provided at the moment, and whitelisted will have more perks and tools such as Hatchback Sports, quick heals/ revives, prestige systems and all that. The full whitelist requirement prevents the variety of options available to newcomers which I don't think the devs would appreciate. 

I think this is a good suggestion as its currently right in the middle and is able to keep everyone happy.

Just now, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Greetings Asylum,

Whitelisting medics has been a desire of mine since joining the Asylum Admin team. I'm sure many others in this community have also given it some thought over the years. Obviously, when you whitelist a class (such as cops) you must have people that are willing to step up and give oversight to enforce standards. I feel the underlining issue with whitelisting medics is not only the oversight issue but the Dev's willingness to implement this.

Looking for ideas and feedback from the community on how (if the Dev's are willing) we would accomplish whitelisting medics on Asylum. 

Thank you in advance. 

Considering Asylum is light rp what kind of standards do u have in mind ? 

KrazyKnight likes this
Just now, Sky said:

I think having the separation (whitelisted and un-whitelisted) would encourage more people to strive to become whitelisted. It would essentially lay the foundation.

HEYSOOS?, Patato and Cobra like this
30 minutes ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Greetings Asylum,

Thank you in advance. 

When it comes to medics we all know they sit in kavala because the medical role-play is very limited in terms of transport hospitals ect

So intensive is in order to keep then out of kavala going around to get that extra money and to help people

and in order to do this it would help for new content such as a new hospital (maybe on the aircraft carrier) 

new helicopters and or cheaper helicopters 

and that new more distance you travel the more you make thing isn't paying as much as medics would like to make it worth traveling it should be

raised about 6-13 percent per kilometer 

and when it comes to standards you should be non discriminatory when it comes to reviving you go off of there timer (Should have a medic only timer

showing on corpses so they can see who needs to be picked up first) and sirens only when in a emergency situation or responding

just to name a few I can think of rn besides must always be in TS/Discord when on duty

And I would love to sign up for testing if and or when its being tested

Edited by Brendon Smith
Nameless likes this

100% Whitelist medic but an age requirement for like 15+ or like 14+ something and for roleplay reasons? haha all medics do is run up revive and than that person that kill the guy that got revived kills the medic and the guy than get ban for rdm so, yes whitelist and have some rules for it to if it is whitelist like SOP!!!

I think having the separation (whitelisted and un-whitelisted) would encourage more people to strive to become whitelisted. It would essentially lay the foundation.

All the more reason for it. The whitelisted slots will only encourage and ensure that the slots are being used to the full potential of use and RP to the standards of Asylum. As well, the whitelisting allows for whoever is in charge to see who will not be an absolute dick on medic and let them in on the perks of being whitelisted. 

In regards to the standards of Asylum, a whitelisted medic should be able to be called upon by the APD for example in situations such as a bank or fed to help out, and in some sort of ranking system for the faction, should be given orders by a higherup (who won't be waving his or her dick around like a helicopter, of course). 

Just now, massi said:

I hope there will not be an age requirement

I don't see why there should be as medics pretty much serve no threat to another player except through VDMing and rubber ducky voices.

The only thing that is conflicting @BaDaBiNg_10-8 is how active and entertaining can we make the medic faction to the point where whitelisting is a viable option? Because often times the activity is slow for medics outside of Kavala, and when people DO need one, they only allow revs for their friends to pick 'em up. 

BaDaBiNg_10-8 and Jake like this

Would they use Teamspeak as a requirement liike cops? 

If you're going to whitelist medics, you better make them capable of being even more powerful than a combat medic (sgt)

Add more vehicles. Medic hatchback, orca possibly and hellcat? 

Maybe even add a medic hunter

Edited by massi
Just now, Sky said:

All the more reason for it. The whitelisted slots will only encourage and ensure that the slots are being used to the full potential of use and RP to the standards of Asylum. As well, the whitelisting allows for whoever is in charge to see who will not be an absolute dick on medic and let them in on the perks of being whitelisted. 

In regards to the standards of Asylum, a whitelisted medic should be able to be called upon by the APD for example in situations such as a bank or fed to help out, and in some sort of ranking system for the faction, should be given orders by a higherup (who won't be waving his or her dick around like a helicopter, of course). 

I don't see why there should be as medics pretty much serve no threat to another player except through VDMing and rubber ducky voices.

The only thing that is conflicting @BaDaBiNg_10-8 is how active and entertaining can we make the medic faction to the point where whitelisting is a viable option? Because often times the activity is slow for medics outside of Kavala, and when people DO need one, they only allow revs for their friends to pick 'em up. 

Very valid points, I like it. 

Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Medics are just there to revive dead kavalians and nothing else.  There ain't really any purpose for whitelisting unless medic was to be overhauled and be much more profitable and worthwhile.

That's my whole reasoning for making this post. Much like changing laws IRL, you need people willing to sign petitions to gain the interest of the lawmakers.

2 minutes ago, massi said:

Would they use Teamspeak as a requirement liike cops? 

If you're going to whitelist medics, you better make them capable of being even more powerful than a combat medic (sgt)

Add more vehicles. Medic hatchback, orca possibly and hellcat? 

Maybe even add a medic hunter

Yes, part of my plan is to make a medic bureau within the Asylum TS and the requirement for being whitelisted (Much like cop) would be using TS to communicate.   

16 minutes ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

That's why I'm asking you guys. We all know that the current medic slot, with the exception of a few, is nothing more than a Kavala troll attempting to look legit. 

For medics to be viable there wound need to be some general rules change (medic-civ-cop relations) and change in civilian access to medic tools (defibs,fak,blood bags)

Just now, Reapered said:

Also, one of the biggest problems whitelisted medics will have on Asylum is reviving people. The reason R&R works so well on Olympus is because they don't have defibs. 

If you want medics to have any impact on the server, you need to have other game mechanics that would give them more activities to do on the server. 

Ideally, this would be a DEV project, because without that you wouldn't be able to accomplish a FULL whitelist requirement. 

Just now, AegonTargaryenTv said:

For medics to be viable there wound need to be some general rules change (medic-civ-cop relations) and change in civilian access to medic tools (defibs,fak,blood bags)

Viability and perks (defibs, blood bags, reduced revive timers, and other talents) would be what I'm striving to accomplish. Incentives for adhering to structure and standards. 

Viability and perks (defibs, blood bags, reduced revive timers, and other talents) would be what I'm striving to accomplish. Incentives for adhering to structure and standards. 

As long as every civ can pull defib out of his pocket with blood bags and adrenaline medic will be the role that you can live without. If you can live without something then it's not worth making it whitelisted. You need devs to be ready to make big changes and then sky is the limit as far as ideas go. 

Edited by AegonTargaryenTv
5 minutes ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

That's my whole reasoning for making this post. Much like changing laws IRL, you need people willing to sign petitions to gain the interest of the lawmakers.

Increasing payouts depending on the distance of the dead player? Prestige for splints, blood transfusions, and pain killers? Aegon is right, in order to make whitelisting a practical option for medic, civs would have to lose some available equipment, and that will be EXTREMELY tough to suggest to Paratus.     

AegonTargaryenTv likes this