Whitelisted Medics

This is a good idea, but the problem is people may play it for two weeks MAX because they either got bored or they have lost money, why I would say someone has lost money? is because he would get a humming-bird fly to revive someone FAR away only to get initiated to put his hands up or die because he's trying to revive the dude who is dead and probably get robbed, plus even if he didn't get robbed he would only get 800$ which is NOTHING, they should get way much more money even if a person just died next to him, I can see this being abused by gangs to make them self money, or newer people, which is why only white-listed medics get a way higher payout and if they get caught they are blacklisted, and if a non-white-listed medic revives someone and gets 800$ he should get a message:"If you were white-listed your payout would be more than 800$ and you will even get extra perks." this will encourage people to stay on medic. @BaDaBiNg_10-8

Edited by Katheeri
Just now, Katheeri said:

This is a good idea, but the problem is people may play it for two weeks MAX because they either got bored or they have lost money, why I would say someone has lost money? is because he would get a humming-bird fly to revive someone FAR away only to get initiated to put his hands up or die because he's trying to revive the dude who is dead and probably get robbed, plus even if he didn't get robbed he would only get 800$ which is NOTHING, they should get way much more money even if a person just died next to him, I can see this being abused by gangs to make them self money, or newer people, which is why only white-listed medics get a way higher payout and if they get caught they are blacklisted, and if a non-white-listed medic revives someone and gets 800$ he should get a message:"If you were white-listed your payout would be more than 800$ and you will even get extra perks." this will encourage people to stay on medic. @BaDaBiNg_10-8

maybe make medics untouchable in the sense they are a full out non combative role. 

medics cannot be robbed

you can only roleplay killing a medic with a hostage situation or a don't do it or die  (reviving someone) 

8 minutes ago, Katheeri said:

Balancing the payout will be the hardest part honestly. Someone said earlier to code it so people can't use any medic vehicles, I think that will solve the problem of people losing their helis wouldn't be as much of an issue. Definitly think payout will need an increase. However you hit the nail on the head with the problems that this may have

. Note the $800 that a person gets from reviving is taking from the persons account, so the issue where the gangs are teaming up is not a problem. 

Solution, make a option when you click request medic on how much your willilng to give them upon a revive, and show that to the medic, encouraging them to come the distance for a revive. 

1 minute ago, Lincoln Williams said:

maybe make medics untouchable in the sense they are a full out non combative role. 

medics cannot be robbed

you can only roleplay killing a medic with a hostage situation or a don't do it or die  (reviving someone) 

Instead of making it an absolute no allowed feature perhaps as i think badabing said, make it an additional charge, to killl a medic. IE normal bounty for manslauter would be $5k killing a medic or a APD officer should be $8k

Edited by xpurerated
Spelling

This would be awesome - my thoughts:

• Combat Medic class - I think it would be a cool dynamic if medics were more involved in big gang & APD fights like cartels and fed.  Maybe experienced whitelisted players could become combat medics?  They get carrier lite vest + a downing P07 so that they can support the APD/gangs when the fighting gets hot.  I would definitely work for that role because I think it would be super fun.
    • I think encouraging medics to enter gang/APD fights like cartels and stuff would be a cool new dynamic, but I don't really have any idea of how to do that.  Incentivizing medics to work alongside APD could be a fun new feature/role.
    • Currently gangs will just shoot you and APD will tell you to fuck off if you show up to try to help in a big fight.
  • Defib Nerf - I feel like civilian & APD defibs will need to be removed or nerfed.  People will of course bitch about it but you guys are used to that I would imagine lol.
  • Incentives - Cops make a bunch of income which drives a lot of recruitment, Medic should be similar.  The current $800/revive isn't worth the effort.  Maybe make it similar to APD where all medics online share in a % of the revenue?  That would also help spread out patrols.
    • I of course would not know this firsthand, but the $20k Medic choppers are the BOMB for trolling and crashing into cities/players.  Those should definitely be whitelisted only with big penalties for abuse.
  • Extended time to get to revive.  Currently many revives are just impossible with the 5 minute limit so medics just say "screw it" and chill in Kavala.  Maybe keep the 5-minute timer but give an extra 5 minutes if the victim requests medic and a medic accepts?
  • Point system for behavior like APD has.
  • Easier to get into than APD - less requirements etc.  The can't play civ with your friends for cadet week, playtime requirements, etc. keeps a lot of people away from APD.  Medic could be a great "intermediate" whitelist role.  Not as tryhard as APD?
  • Designated patrol areas.  Medics have the opposite problem as APD - no APD wants to go to Kavala and every medic wants to go to Kavala lol. Every medic wants Kavala for those sweet RDM revives.  Have a structure to force medics to spread out like designated patrols, etc.  Create a %-profit sharing system like APD has will help spread out medics.
Edited by Chorizo
idiot at spelling
Just now, Chorizo said:

This would be awesome - my thoughts:

• Combat Medic class - I think it would be a cool dynamic if medics were more involved in big gang & APD fights like cartels and fed.  Maybe experienced whitelisted players could become combat medics?  They get carrier lite vest + a downing P07 so that they can support the APD/gangs when the fighting gets hot.  I would definitely work for that role because I think it would be super fun.
    • I think encouraging medics to enter gang/APD fights like cartels and stuff would be a cool new dynamic, but I don't really have any idea of how to do that.  Incentivizing medics to work alongside APD could be a cool dynamic.
    • Currently gangs will just shoot you and APD will tell you to fuck off if you show up to try to help in a big fight.
  • Defib Nerf - I feel like civilian & APD defibs will need to be removed or nerfed.  People will of course bitch about it but you guys are used to that I would imagine lol.
  • Incentives - Cops make a bunch of income which drives a lot of recruitment, Medic should be similar.  The current $800/revive isn't worth the effort.  Maybe make it similar to APD where all medics online share in a % of the revenue?  That would also help spread out patrols.
    • I of course would not know this firsthand, but the $20k Medic choppers are the BOMB for trolling and crashing into cities/players.  Those should definitely be whitelisted only with big penalties for abuse.
  • Extended time to get to revive.  Currently many revives are just impossible with the 5 minute limit so medics just say "screw it" and chill in Kavala.  Maybe keep the 5-minute timer but give an extra 5 minutes if the victim requests medic and a medic accepts?
  • Point system for behavior like APD has.
  • Easier to get into than APD - less requirements etc.  The can't play civ with your friends for cadet week, playtime requirements, etc. keeps a lot of people away from APD.  Medic could be a great "intermediate" whitelist role.  Not as tryhard as APD?
  • Designated patrol areas.  Medics have the opposite problem as APD - no APD wants to go to Kavala and every medic wants to go to Kavala lol. Every medic wants Kavala for those sweet RDM revives.  Have a structure to force medics to spread out like designated patrols, etc.  Create a %-profit sharing system like APD has will help spread out medics.

currently from what I see... Medics don't want to leave because of the very recent conversation about being robbed. so there's deff a problem there. 

kudos to the good points though

Chorizo likes this
8 minutes ago, xpurerated said:

Balancing the payout will be the hardest part honestly. Someone said earlier to code it so people can't use any medic vehicles, I think that will solve the problem of people losing their helis wouldn't be as much of an issue. Definitly think payout will need an increase. However you hit the nail on the head with the problems that this may have

. Note the $800 that a person gets from reviving is taking from the persons account, so the issue where the gangs are teaming up is not a problem. 

Solution, make a option when you click request medic on how much your willilng to give them upon a revive, and show that to the medic, encouraging them to come the distance for a revive. 

Instead of making it an absolute no allowed feature perhaps as i think badabing said, make it an additional charge, to killl a medic. IE normal bounty for manslauter would be $5k killing a medic or a APD officer should be $8k

If there bank account is 0$, money will still be given to the medic, can still be abused

Edited by Katheeri
xpurerated likes this
Just now, Katheeri said:

You obviously have not read everything I said, WHICH IS WHY I SAID HAVE A SYSTEM WHERE YOU CAN BE UNWHITE-LISTED OR BE GIVEN POINTS LIKE THE APD SYSTEM, THIS TIME I'M WRITING IN CAPS FOR YOUR AUTISTIC BRAIN TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING

uncalled for really. it's a given... you abuse something there's consequences.. no one was questioning that either. 

thanks for the caps... it highlighted what I needed from you. lack of understanding and patience. 

Just now, Katheeri said:

You obviously have not read everything I said, WHICH IS WHY I SAID HAVE A SYSTEM WHERE YOU CAN BE UNWHITE-LISTED OR BE GIVEN POINTS LIKE THE APD SYSTEM, THIS TIME I'M WRITING IN CAPS FOR YOUR AUTISTIC BRAIN TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING

Jesus relax dude go drink a tea !

Lincoln Williams likes this
Just now, HotWings said:

Ultimately like most people have said there is 0 point in a full on medic overhaul if every civ can still use a defib.  They need to be removed or severely nerfed to the point of having more than one person in your group is detrimental to the mission.

What do you think of a %chance success rate revive unless your medic. Would still encourge medic since rebels don't want to lose loadouts, but would still allow a clutch revive at a fed.

Just now, Squirtle said:

the thing is what will happen if there are no medics online?  

if it's implemented it would be a position.... that's like saying what if there were no cops online. you can't rob fed unless there is a certain amount of cops so pass that onto medics. less feds maybe but more organizing other then just "we're bored lets go rob it"

Just now, Sky said:

@Lincoln WilliamsNothing in life is guaranteed except death and taxes. The %chance revive system for civs and cops is an interesting option... 

still think the best option would be getting rid of civ defibs but that's obviously not a crowd favorite. in a roleplay scenario not everyone can be trained to use them... otherwise back to my original point with them... if everyone has them... what's the point of medics. 

or a reduced like you said would be good with either expensive refills or overly expensive defibs

Edited by Lincoln Williams
4 hours ago, Coyote said:

Ranks for white-listed medics should be simple and more then likely follow the APD type of rank structure to allow for advancement and such, though if it is a bit much on the ranks there are places it can be skimmed easily without losing its core structure:

EMS Chief or Chief Medical Officer (Chief) *EMS Staff Rank*
EMS Captain (Captain) *EMS Staff Rank*
EMS Lieutenant (Lieutenant) *EMS Staff Rank*
EMS Supervisor or Supervisory EMT/Paramedic (Sergeant) *EMS Staff Rank*
Paramedic (Corporal)
Emergency Medical Technician (Constable)
Emergency Medical Technician Recruit (Recruit)

Volunteer Medic (Un-whitelisted Medics)

Why on gods green earth would you require 7 medic ranks, do you honestly expect there would be enough people (who actually want to) fill those ranks? Whitelisted medics would require at the very most 3 ranks.

Lets not turn this into Kneepads 2 Electric Boogaloo, medic is supposed to be a way to get into the game for new players or for the people who actually enjoy RPing as a medic. There really is no need to overcomplicate it with a guidebook and tons of ranks/rules, that would just discourage new players(The entire point of medic). You want structure,privilege and progression, go be a cop; want to heal people around the island, be a medic. 

As I said before it can be pretty simple, whitelisted medic could gain access to a prestige system similar to corporals as incentive to actually become whitelisted, then you just need one or two extra ranks to manage the whitelisting, probably with the requirement of being higher than constable in the APD. 

my biggest concern with just throwing it together is the depth. if there's nothing to work for... what's the point. I think 7 would be too much but then you aren't expecting a lot of players so those that stick with it would appreciate it more. 

there are some of us  (myself if you haven't noticed) who would go full career pending the incentives were there. 

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

+1 i think if you are a member of the apd you should be auto whitelisted for medic. but not the other way around obviously

in reality it's two different positions... and should be treated as such. it needs to be it's own division with its own rules and leadership. pd has their thing... let medics have ours.

now I'm not saying cops shouldn't be allowed to be medics... just apply like everyone else.

the biggest thing a medic branch like this brings is roleplay. you don't have a gun... you don't have cuffs... you can't run drugs. all you have are words with a occasional heal/revive. 

keep this in mind while you're battling against it... roleplay used to matter and I know it's more relaxed now... but this could be a opportunity to bring a big part of it back. 

Medics need heal grenades can also be green smoke grenades and if you stay near you heal to 100%. Maybe some kind of remote healing ability where the radius you can heal or revive people increases this way you can revive out of sight or something. What else maybe a downing pistol would be cool so you can pop some fools and then heal them up. Also like a grenade launcher or a rocket launcher that repairs cars haha

Also medic pod Taru for medics and only medics can fly it that thing is cool 

check out my Medic Pimp Shop boys:

c26b1d7c4d.jpg2d562dfaca.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

Medics need heal grenades 

This isn't overwatch... But yes some sort of place able healing station would be nice. Maybe get in the medic vehicle with a medic and you heal over time. Or yes a throwable to heal people out of your reach or in a location that you would most likely die trying to run to.

Edited by Innateocean
8 hours ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

Medics need heal grenades can also be green smoke grenades and if you stay near you heal to 100%. Maybe some kind of remote healing ability where the radius you can heal or revive people increases this way you can revive out of sight or something. What else maybe a downing pistol would be cool so you can pop some fools and then heal them up. Also like a grenade launcher or a rocket launcher that repairs cars haha

Also medic pod Taru for medics and only medics can fly it that thing is cool 

check out my Medic Pimp Shop boys:

c26b1d7c4d.jpg2d562dfaca.jpg

Nice skins! I mean back in  the day flashbangs were  pretty good heal grenades.

Kappa

Edited by HomeTrlx
23 hours ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Medics would, NEVER, be armed. I could totally see an armored medical vest similar to what's available to cops and rebels, but I think we are completely nullifying the medic when we introduce a firearm. Medical personnel IRL on an ambulance crew or hospital rely on the police for protection. In many states in the US, if you assault medical personnel it's a specific charge/enhancement, similar to assaulting a police officer. I would be on board with introducing a specific charge for assaulting (Attempted manslaughter) or killing a medic or police officer.  

Can confirm as it is my life. Real Medics CANNOT carry a firearm, we stage back further until the PD arrives and deem it all clear [if we are in need of making a hostile situation safe]. It's the Police Departments job to defuse hostile situations while it is the EMS job to care for the ill/wounded.

BaDaBiNg_10-8 likes this