15 minutes ago, Sojobo said:

I built the one in the screenshot with Zeus, I suggest we add maybe 3 - 5 per server and I agree, a substantial down payment followed by a high recurring cost to keep the bases should ensure they're not being hogged by ghost gangs.

Yeah and also maybe a requirement of people in the gang to be able to buy it and also not trying to complain but don't do it like Tanoa that admins got on before anyone else and got all the good houses and sheds

2 hours ago, Sojobo said:

The Issue
Gang houses are.. underwhelming to say the least. How cool would it be if gangs had actual bases, much like how the APD have HQs gangs too could have a base to call home and operate out of. 

Gang HQs
There could be say 3 to 5 of these kind of bases popped down across the map. They could range in size to accommodate smaller gangs and provide different benefits accordingly. Larger bases could include access to both a garage and helicopter pad, they could include shipping containers set up to work like house crates with more storage (no idea if this is even possible) so that you can stock your bases up with gear, hell you could even throw down vendors like the turf vendors - this'd probably even cut down on rebel camping that let's face it, no one enjoys.

cbb9a9b17503466da18722b8248f5d51.png

Availability
These bases should have a high initial cost as well as a recurring cost to prevent people from grabbing them and not using them; as soon as a gang bank depletes the base should be stuck back onto the market. 
There could also be requirements such as gang member count for purchasing larger complexes.
There's even room to throw in some extra gang perks to unlock the use of these things.

I'm open to hearing others ideas and input on this!

If this becomes a thing i will donate!

NewYork718 likes this
On 4/27/2017 at 1:28 PM, Sojobo said:

I'm not sure it makes gangs more powerful rather I'd say it gives gangs something to aim for and achieve.

lol... I see his point. Turfs are extremely helpful. But a base with vendor NPCs? It's way too op. Asylum isn't made to work like that.

On 5/1/2017 at 3:38 AM, drex said:

lol... I see his point. Turfs are extremely helpful. But a base with vendor NPCs? It's way too op. Asylum isn't made to work like that.

Overpowered in what way? It's the same as a turf and slightly better than the lucky few with houses close to rebel.

2 hours ago, Sojobo said:

Overpowered in what way? It's the same as a turf and slightly better than the lucky few with houses close to rebel.

lol it wouldn't be asylum if there were gang bases... only top tier gangs would own them and it would be OP as shit

6 hours ago, drex said:

lol it wouldn't be asylum if there were gang bases... only top tier gangs would own them and it would be OP as shit

Again, overpowered how?

As the first post mentioned, I suggest different sized bases to accommodate for smaller gangs. If they're bought and paid for via rent then it's not really about who the top tier gangs are, it's about which gangs make enough money to support them. A lot of these "top tier gangs" fight cartels but who's to say they empty those cartels, if not then they'll need to start doing so to fund their gang base.

DankBud likes this
On 4/27/2017 at 1:45 PM, Sojobo said:

I was thinking about this too but not sure how it'd work. Cumulative rating of all members? Average rating? just need the buyer to have the high rating? idk.

I like the idea,and even better to throw in the use of a average gang rating along with rank maybe,that could help promote the gangs to go for turfs and cartels more."could"....there is a perk for 25% less upkeep cost to property just not in the game atm,so I think this could be very useful and interesting to see things play out....could open the doors more instead of the rinse and repeat that goes on atm with cartels. 

22 hours ago, drex said:

I don't see it being that op,idk what you imagine a gang base to be exactly..if your thinking something from wasteland or a dayZ thing....nah,least I don't see it being that way...should just be unlockable things such as X amount of prestige or x amount of war rating or x amount of w/e as a collective gang unit so you can pull ifrits,50 cals,or be able to rearm them and store them....ummm can only hold x amount of crates....the option are endless and can be fair for small and large gangs....least imo it can be..never know,just gotta think outside the box...

To add to this could have certain areas down south in the free fire zone since the only reason to go there is for arms,make more gameplay down that waybto make use of that as a rdm zone could be plenty of room down there for a few houses to be placed there and utilize that space more..

Edited by DankBud
added idea
Sojobo likes this

I'd make it how it is in many other communities; where gangs can ask for a base, but depending on what they have it may be added. A gang can design a base and ask for it to be put in a certain area (one cleared by an admin of course). An admin would then look over the gang, and decide by looking at (for example): member count, overall reputation, etc, etc. There would be an initial fee of however much (Eg. 300k or something) if it was to be added, but that would be the end of it when it comes to payments. The cost would be higher if the base that is designed includes a helipad, garage, private shop, etc. If that base is not used much or the gang disbands, then that base can be removed or put up as a choice for other gangs if they would like to buy it or design their own. And so on would the system go.

I'd even make an application and those accepted can ask for a base, making it possible for the smaller less-known gangs to have a chance.

Edited by Vortex_14
11 hours ago, Vortex_14 said:

I'd make it how it is in many other communities; where gangs can ask for a base, but depending on what they have it may be added. A gang can design a base and ask for it to be put in a certain area (one cleared by an admin of course). An admin would then look over the gang, and decide by looking at (for example): member count, overall reputation, etc, etc. There would be an initial fee of however much (Eg. 300k or something) if it was to be added, but that would be the end of it when it comes to payments. The cost would be higher if the base that is designed includes a helipad, garage, private shop, etc. If that base is not used much or the gang disbands, then that base can be removed or put up as a choice for other gangs if they would like to buy it or design their own. And so on would the system go.

I'd even make an application and those accepted can ask for a base, making it possible for the smaller less-known gangs to have a chance.

That is the worst idea ever, 

1) Lag

2) No one will go to rebel anymore

Now the issue with gangbases is that Asylum doesn't have NLR.

It works on other life servers that support a strict NLR system without giving the gangs a significant advantage, however within Asylum, you can respawn, get geared, grab a helicopter and fly back to your previous fighting location within minutes if you have a gangbase, compared to a gang that has to spawn, say in Donor and has to do everything the normal way.

I support gang bases, I think they are a awesome idea, had them on previous servers. However it simply won't fit Asylum with the current way the rules are now. 

3 hours ago, Nicolas March said:

1) Lag

They still have to go to rebel to hand in dirty money and gold etc... Just keeps the big gangs out of Rebel and that gives newer players who plan to go rebel style a chance to get a loudout without getting shot 24/7. I must of heard "i want to try rebel but whenever i go to the outpost i get shot" 50 so times. So many rebel gangs having their own bases will be good. Plus rebel outposts are basically war zones if anything i think they should be a safe haven for rebels. 

11 hours ago, Nicolas March said:

1) Lag

I think you're talking about adding gang bases in general not just my idea, but I respect your opinion.

10 hours ago, Haych said:

Now the issue with gangbases is that Asylum doesn't have NLR.

It works on other life servers that support a strict NLR system without giving the gangs a significant advantage, however within Asylum, you can respawn, get geared, grab a helicopter and fly back to your previous fighting location within minutes if you have a gangbase, compared to a gang that has to spawn, say in Donor and has to do everything the normal way.

I support gang bases, I think they are a awesome idea, had them on previous servers. However it simply won't fit Asylum with the current way the rules are now. 

I 100% agree.

12 hours ago, Vortex_14 said:

I think you're talking about adding gang bases in general not just my idea, but I respect your opinion.

I 100% agree.

I was talking about giving out free gang base to anyone who asked, having 40 gang bases, is alot, and if it was donate for your base,  its breaks the bohemia term of service, and would make it pay to win. Pay 50$ paypal and get a free turf that is better defended? No! having 3-5 gang base where you can controll it, then ya it could be good, maybe at every restart anyone who wants the gang base can have it, but they have to wait inside of it for 10-20 minutes (like a cartel) and  capture the base, then for every 5 minutes, you have to pay like 1k-10k (from gang bank)

Edited by Nicolas March
10 hours ago, Nicolas March said:

I was talking about giving out free gang base to anyone who asked, having 40 gang bases, is alot, and if it was donate for your base,  its breaks the bohemia term of service, and would make it pay to win. Pay 50$ paypal and get a free turf that is better defended? No! having 3-5 gang base where you can controll it, then ya it could be good, maybe at every restart anyone who wants the gang base can have it, but they have to wait inside of it for 10-20 minutes (like a cartel) and  capture the base, then for every 5 minutes, you have to pay like 1k-10k (from gang bank)

I see what you're saying, but it seems you're responding to what I said without even having read it. I recommend you read other people's writings a few times before responding as to avoid any confusion or misunderstandings. I never said anything about giving out free bases, or bases through donations. Something I did forget to say in what I wrote is that I'd put a limit to the amount of bases on each server, something around 10 maximum.

On 4/27/2017 at 1:56 PM, Sojobo said:

My only problem with making it a fight is that maybe 1 gang would bounce from server to server and hold them all down, whereas if theres a monetary upkeep to them, especially if its expensive, then it would turn people off from trying to hold them for no reason. The other thing being that it would allow for smaller gangs to have their own HQ so long as they can afford it.

Can't it be implemented in like the turf,could only hold 2 ..but in this case only  1 ?