the APD Role Playing

I talked about this during my briefings for some time now, however, after @Rock Hardick's great suggestion - I decided to talk about this on the forum. 

Now, I have been memorizing "Police 10-Codes (https://copradar.com/tencodes/)" and been using it since.   

- Few 10-codes that all officers should know 

1. 10-2 : Signal good [ex) "Can anyone hear me?" - "10-2"]
  2. 10-3 : Stop transmitting [ex) "Sgt. Praetorian, 10-3 on the group please"]
  3. 10-4 : Affirmative [ex) "Sgt. Praetorian, take care of 10-50 (accident) at Kavala square please" - "10-4"]
  4. 10-10 : Fight in progress [ex) "What's your status  Sgt. Praetorian?" - "10-10 with multiple 10-32 (armed personal) at Heroin field"]
  5. 10-12 : Stand by; Stop [ex) "This is Sgt. Praetorian, reporting for SWAT." - "Sgt. Praetorian, 10-12 for rest of the team please"]
  6. 10-15 : Civil disturbance [ex) "How's Kavala looking?" - "10-15 on the Square, multiple 10-32 (armed personal), shots has been fired towards an officer."]
  7. 10-20 : Location [ex) "Enemy got 10-20 on the hostage, secure the area."]
  8. 10-29 : Check for wanted [ex) "10-29 Wildaw please."]
  9. 10-31 : Crime in progress [ex) "10-31 on DP11 Gas station."]
  10. 10-32 : Armed suspect [ex) "10-32 on top of the Bank."] 
  11. 10-74 : Negative [ex) "Constable. Goku, do not leave this channel." - "10-74, Eat me."]
  12. 10-76 : Enroute [ex) "10-76 to your 10-20 (location) Sgt. Praetorian."]
  13. 10-78 : Need assistance [ex) "10-78 on my 10-20 (location), multiple 10-32 (armed suspects)."]

Code 2 : Urgent - no lights or siren

Code 3 : Use lights and siren

Code 4 : No further assistance needed; Situation under control. 

I apologize if some of the examples are wrong, as I solely learned it by myself.

Rules of engagement should be more strict and sensitive idea among the APD officers. 

• Do not shoot towards crowd of people.
  • Do not shoot an unarmed civilian / civilian with their weapons holstered. 
  • Do not shoot until fired upon
  • Shoot with an intention to kill - meaning you better think twice before shooting as you are about to take someone's life. 
  • Do not point your gun at someone without an intention to shoot - meaning do not point your gun to intimidate someone. 

I personally felt this more closely by using - Revolver (lethal only) without any sort of body armor. This meant I had to be careful when and who to shoot because lethal is the only type of ammo I have. I of course did not wanted to kill someone for a hit and run charge, so I forced myself to chase after a suspect and try to encircle him w/ other officers rather than shooting him right away. Also, absence of body armor meant I tried to use my police cruiser and environments to hide myself from enemy gun fire; instead of run-and-gun like most of the officers do nowadays. 

At the end of the day, after 40 or so suspects I confronted I only killed 1, and wounded 3 on their legs, forcing them to surrender.

For those who do not have the luxury to "choose" when to go "lethals", think your downing rounds as lethal ammunition. Or keeping your chamber cleared is another good way to practice, as you'll have to reload before you shoot someone, forcing you to think twice before squeezing that trigger. 

Long story short : Try to memorize 10 Codes to practice RP even in cop radio. Think twice before you shoot. 

Noamigo, Xehons, NewYork718 and 5 others like this
Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

"Long story short : Try to memorize 10 Codes to practice RP even in cop radio."-not a block

"Now, I have been memorizing "Police 10-Codes" -not a block

?

:kermit:

*try* to 

*I* have been memorizing 

No wonder why you get force kicked by a cadet @Rock Hardick

Edited by Not a Block
18 minutes ago, Not a Block said:

I personally felt this more closely by using - Revolver (lethal only) without any sort of body armor. This meant I had to be careful when and who to shoot because lethal is the only type of ammo I have. I of course did not wanted to kill someone for a hit and run charge, so I forced myself to chase after a suspect and try to encircle him w/ other officers rather than shooting him right away. Also, absence of body armor meant I tried to use my police cruiser and environments to hide myself from enemy gun fire; instead of run-and-gun like most of the officers do nowadays. 

How about we don't patrol with lethals loaded only, Which is something you're not allowed to do?

Just now, minibagge said:

hope that was a meme:')

It's whatever you'd like it to be mein kommandant. :')

I'm all for this type of RP if I have some officers willing to tag along, otherwise it just sounds odd and possibly confusing to those not in the loop. 

Edited by Cobra
30 minutes ago, Not a Block said:

I personally felt this more closely by using - Revolver (lethal only) without any sort of body armor. This meant I had to be careful when and who to shoot because lethal is the only type of ammo I have. I of course did not wanted to kill someone for a hit and run charge, so I forced myself to chase after a suspect and try to encircle him w/ other officers rather than shooting him right away.

Image result for wat

Edited by Rafael
Matthew likes this

It's 4 stackables, but 5 if you count the "bonus" stackable charge: Attempted Manslaughter (if they escape custody and go on another crime spree)

On topic, the 10 codes have been suggested multiple times.  It's a cool idea but unless everybody has them completely memorized, you'll add more confusion.  

"Hey I got a 10-98 here."    "What's a 10-98?"   "10-98 is murderous clown off his meds."    "Oh okay, be right over."  

If you just say what you mean you'll cut that convo in half and save everyone time.  I've heard some police departments IRL are even thinking of getting rid of the 10 codes because of the unnecessary complications they add.

My APD Role play goes this way.

Jaeger- "Hello Sir how are you doing" (weapon holstered, walking towards him)

Random Civ - "Fucking popo, hands up or die" pew pew pew pew

Random Civ has been downed by Jaeger

Jaeger - "Don't ducking shoot at me"

Random Civ - "I'm gonna report you for cursing, give me a ticket, you RDM me have fun with the ban [add random insults here] Have fun shitty cop, Robo copping me for doing nothing"

End of RP.

This means, RPing in TS will change nothing with RP between civs and cops. And please don't suggest using group chat as its the most annoying thing. 

Not sure if the people that promoted you told you this but there es an ammo called TRACER that is downing. No need to run around with lethals only.

I can't really play Asylum anymore cause the RP is so poor.

"Officer I'm turning myself in, these 3 dudes rdm'd me then I re-spawned and joined server 2, then my game crashed. Joined back spawned at kavala then came to you. Can I have a pardon?.

I usually just end up sighing and logging off.

They can keep the server to a light RP server, but for the love of god enforce the #1 rule to not break role-play.

Cobra and Mike Stmria like this
9 minutes ago, Jaeger said:

My APD Role play goes this way.

Jaeger- "Hello Sir how are you doing" (weapon holstered, walking towards him)

Random Civ - "Fucking popo, hands up or die" pew pew pew pew

Random Civ has been downed by Jaeger

Jaeger - "Don't ducking shoot at me"

Random Civ - "I'm gonna report you for cursing, give me a ticket, you RDM me have fun with the ban [add random insults here] Have fun shitty cop, Robo copping me for doing nothing"

End of RP.

This means, RPing in TS will change nothing with RP between civs and cops. And please don't suggest using group chat as its the most annoying thing. 

Not sure if the people that promoted you told you this but there es an ammo called TRACER that is downing. No need to run around with lethals only.

Clearly have not read the entire thing. I only pulled my trigger towards 3 civs out of 40 I have met during my play session. This was conducted under strict rule and everyone was happy at the end of the day. Lack of effort to understand does limit one's vision, don't you think?

Edited by Not a Block
Just now, Not a Block said:

the APD : "Lack of RP in the server is so bad that I do not want to play anymore."

Me : "What about this? Just a suggestions."

the APD : "What?! You are suggesting RP, that is insane do you even have a life? This is a light RP server."

Me : :shrug:

It's not a bad suggestion, but I don't folks in the APD would want to mandate into policy. I would definitely say it should left as an option for a group of cops to use with each if they understand the codes like I mentioned earlier. Use it in direct chat so the civs have something to play with if they're interested. In the end it boils down to your style of RP or if the civs would be willing to play along.  

Edited by Cobra

the APD : "Lack of RP in the server is so bad that I do not want to play anymore."

Me : "What about this? Just a suggestions."

the APD : "What?! You are suggesting RP, that is insane do you even have a life? This is a light RP server."

Me : :shrug:

How does talking on the radio improve anything in game?  

Clearly have not read the entire thing. I only pulled my trigger towards 3 civs out of 40 I have met during my play session. Lack of effort to understand does limit one's vision, don't you think?

That's what you should do, not brag about not shooting. According to your APD GB your voice should be your first weapon, not the gun. And I clearly read everything ;)