Content Ideas

Hey lads and lasses! Heard a lot of feedback that content is stale, so just wanted to see if there was anything you were thinking would be a nice addition. Ways to make money and ways to spend it!

What things are you craving or maybe something you have seen elsewhere?

- wetsuit

- medic changes

PLEASE let's not make this into a "fix the mass kicks" or "Paratus give so and so powers" stuff I do not have control of.

Talent tree overhaul

- Remove unused/stupid talent points

- Use whatever comes free to maybe implement new features

Better LEGAL ways of making money, high risk but LEGAL.I got an idea below, doesn't have to be this but please just come up with something.

Spoiler

Imagine a DP mission where you have to invest in the goods (like drug runner but legal and on ground only) and drive it really far for a good payout. Vehicle required could be zamak+ which will get alot of attention.

- Add more features to what you can do in your home for money making, ANY house should be viable. Not just meth/scotch locations, because those are taken and simply make it harder for new-ish players to get into good money making.

- Please test sea turtles/hunting grounds, see how it's income is compared to other ways because i feel like it's a really nice way to make money but simply not gonna do it because it earns soooo few and if it earns more the risk of being attacked while doing it also increases which makes it riskier. (not saying it should compete with meth in price range btw)

- Please look into slingloading (the ropes break) i've heard it's a bohemia problem but it doesn't seem to affect some other servers so surely our great developers could find a fix. If the taru transport could then be added with maybe lower armor values if needed that would be a fun thing too!

Other than that, i don't really have ideas right now but i can tell you that the content isn't that stale, Asylum is just getting old to alot of people. Most games start to die out after years and then get revisited by people who just wanna play again or you have some new but you can't have a ever-changing game that will always satisfy it's players. Sometimes there's just a need for a version 2.0 (identity perhaps).

Asylum leaves alot of space for the players to create their own scenario's and fun, they should utilize it better. Most rebels easily burn out due their harsh economy and toxicity at fights and only play for their fame untill they don't care anymore and then just quit :P

Thnx for reading olio, goodluck :)

Edited by Midamaru
BlackShot, Blake., HotWings and 1 other like this

Do something with arms island. There is so much land there for 1 cartel. What about adding another drug? PCP can be bought but not made, what about adding that into the game to make money. Meth is the only way really for late game big gangs. Its just bland. What about adding another step to meth and make it "pure" which makes it sell for more. What about adding in a drug contraband storage/weapons lockup? When cops seize illegal items at the HQ it goes there. When there is 1 hour til restart it becomes active meaning it can be robbed. There needs to be 8+ cops since the reward is huge, and you need to bolt cut gates, demo charge domes. Not sure what else to add but hopefully this will spark ideas from others.

Edited by Biground
Donald, Blake. and Le Razoir like this

@Olio Bring back Asylum Exchange....and bring back the old prison. New one is trash.

Change it to where legal ways of making money are actually worth the time? Kavala was awesome when people actually went diamond mining, fishing, excavating and were just populating the city.

Spoiler

And remove money cap, same shit we have been saying since 6.0 :kermit:

Edited by Philv2.0

1. Removing stupid caps like cocaine castle , North Wongs.

2. Get rid of that garbage bolt cut shit at the Fed, add stairs to the bank atms,  and move the prison again. We get it you don't like it but keep trying we appreciate the attempt but if we don't like it were not going to pretend we do.

3. Add some new content or bring back old stuff. Maybe bring back an old style of cartels , reduce the money in come by half and make it go straight to gang bank on ownership.  Then if that's popular slightly increase gang cap but not group cap. People bitch about roaching but people roach because theres no point in owning a cap when you can camp rebel and just steal the money

4. We don't need get rich schemes , just make most methods of making money decent. Why aren't diamonds good? Why isn't oil back to the old way where you can go to an oil spout and get it in a car? Why does the crafting system suck balls for making money?

5. Switch shit up or add random shit. New stuff is new stuff it can always be taken away just take risks. You guys make these amazing events why not use a little of that brain power and make something temporarily as an ingame thing

sakha, Space, Mike Stmria and 15 others like this

Well since you're asking so kindly... First, The prison is Aids right now I know you won't change it back to the island but maybe leave the same mechanics or tweak them a little but move the location. I think it's a good compromise between what the community want and what the Devs want. I don't have any specific locations that I could think of but the salt flats is not a good locations to begin with. 

Second, add some new ways to make money (legally or illegally) the current ways are getting very stale for anyone who has been playing for a long time.

And last but not least Asylum is a light RP server and most people don't play to farm for money for hours on end maybe make money not something that people are even willing to buy from others. I don't find money hard to make but. This is mainly due to the fact that I love to play cop on Tanoa and money is not a problem as a Tanoa cop. All I'm saying is let people play to do what they love wether that be fighting Cartels all day or pistol banging in kavala. 

Space and Sikorsky like this
Just now, Sugarfoot said:

1. Removing stupid caps like cocaine castle , North Wongs.

2. Get rid of that garbage bolt cut shit at the Fed, add stairs to the bank atms,  and move the prison again. We get it you don't like it but keep trying we appreciate the attempt but if we don't like it were not going to pretend we do.

3. Add some new content or bring back old stuff. Maybe bring back an old style of cartels , reduce the money in come by half and make it go straight to gang bank on ownership.  Then if that's popular slightly increase gang cap but not group cap. People bitch about roaching but people roach because theres no point in owning a cap when you can camp rebel and just steal the money

4. We don't need get rich schemes , just make most methods of making money decent. Why aren't diamonds good? Why isn't oil back to the old way where you can go to an oil spout and get it in a car? Why does the crafting system suck balls for making money?

5. Switch shit up or add random shit. New stuff is new stuff it can always be taken away just take risks. You guys make these amazing events why not use a little of that brain power and make something temporarily as an ingame thing

6. Make Leon admin because he obviously knows more than everyone.

7. Make me admeme because im fucking hilarious.

Steve, Crunchedd, sakha and 1 other like this

9 minutes ago, Biground said:

Do something with arms island. There is so much land there for 1 cartel. What about adding another drug? PCP can be bought but not made, what about adding that into the game to make money. Meth is the only way really for late game big gangs. Its just bland. What about adding another step to meth and make it "pure" which makes it sell for more. What about adding in a drug contraband storage/weapons lockup? When cops seize illegal items at the HQ it goes there. When there is 1 hour til restart it becomes active meaning it can be robbed. There needs to be 8+ cops since the reward is huge, and you need to bolt cut gates, demo charge domes. Not sure what else to add but hopefully this will spark ideas from others.

I think biground has a wonderful Idea. Maybe add Cop Jeeps as well? 

Unconsolidate the mines.  Back when i started if people wanted to rob people mining they had to hit up a few different areas, now you pretty much just need to patrol high yield.

Add a system that allows you to send someone to jail even tho they have combat logged.  

Adding new money making sites wont help with staleness unless you add a new concept to that feature like scotch.  Adding another gather, process, sell with no difference from the current system will not help.  

A legal activity the requires a handful of steps like meth, that pays good.

Philv2.0 and Mike Stmria like this

Move stuff around for a fresh feeling, for example: the bank, drug fields, quarry.

Increase diamond price or increase mining speed.

Put Firearm factory's in a better spot.

Why are both Black Markets so close?

GANG HQ's

Small Crates in 40k homes

"Fix" the prices with the weaker guns, a predator 9mm costs about the same as a katiba (as in the predator is too expensive)

Give UC cops Katibas with the tracer rounds being downing rounds
Give UC cops tan MXM

Buff chop shop for smaller cars (sports, suv, box trucks, hmmt)

Consolidate the talent tree to free up room for new talents:
   - Rebel talent includes ghillies/suicide vest
   - BH talents(way too many) Combine Motivated and Master BH, Combine Watch Dog and Informants
   -Robbery talents need to be cleaned up, fed talents are clumped with store robbery talents.
   - Combine Mechanic/Grease Monkey
   - Make the drug processing talents 2 talents instead of 4

Edited by KevinOB
Crunchedd likes this
Just now, Olio said:

I like the mechanic behind the prison but the layout to me is to much. Are you wanting prison island without the new mechanic or what?

I had an idea to put the HQ on the island and the prison in the current HQ compound.  Not sure how that would work, but could be a decent compromise.

Space likes this
16 minutes ago, The Weeb said:

First! Finally for once in my life.

Modded server that won't mem leak

But in all seriousness a modded server would be nice again. Obviously not australia again but just one with new weapons clothing and vehicles on a smaller map even cherno would work prob

Just now, HotWings said:

I had an idea to put the HQ on the island and the prison in the current HQ compound.  Not sure how that would work, but could be a decent compromise.

Could work.

Just now, HotWings said:

Unconsolidate the mines.  Back when i started if people wanted to rob people mining they had to hit up a few different areas, now you pretty much just need to patrol high yield.

Add a system that allows you to send someone to jail even tho they have combat logged.  

Adding new money making sites wont help with staleness unless you add a new concept to that feature like scotch.  Adding another gather, process, sell with no difference from the current system will not help.  

A legal activity the requires a handful of steps like meth, that pays good.

The combat log thing would be nice for sure! I want to say another server leaves the body in place for awhile so they can be jailed, not sure if that was a modded server or not.

Just now, Goyneyyy said:

Old prison and old mechanic

What do you dislike about the mechanic? I like it because it's not just about a king of the hill fight 

To have more features to make multiple houses gang houses, like for example, my house has a garage next to it, but my gang is not able to unlock it. Could we make it so its linked together, or possible have settings to leave it unlocked since it is just an garage. Add some new weapons, there is not much variance. maybe a bolt action sniper, that would be very nice. or more high caliber weapons, but make them expensive af. 

Just now, Olio said:

The combat log thing would be nice for sure! I want to say another server leaves the body in place for awhile so they can be jailed, not sure if that was a modded server or not.

The server I seen it on was not modded.

Just now, ogrexo said:

To have more features to make multiple houses gang houses, like for example, my house has a garage next to it, but my gang is not able to unlock it. Could we make it so its linked together, or possible have settings to leave it unlocked since it is just an garage. Add some new weapons, there is not much variance. maybe a bolt action sniper, that would be very nice. or more high caliber weapons, but make them expensive af. 

At one point we were talking about how cool it would be to have a remote lock/unlock button for your house that way you could make sure it was locked if you forgot or you want to sublet a room to a Gangmate

BlackShot and Hayden Dixon like this
Just now, Olio said:

At one point we were talking about how cool it would be to have a remote lock/unlock button for your house that way you could make sure it was locked if you forgot or you want to sublet a room to a Gangmate

that would be sick, also would having custom gang houses/ donor houses be available. I think that would be very nice

GravL likes this
Just now, Biground said:

Fix cartels so that we keep the perk until it is 0%. People troll cap way too much and by the time you get the cartel and go back and get your truck the 15 minute cap times is up and someone goes and caps it down to 90% and leave. Then you loose the perk.

Interesting

Romulus, Midamaru, Treeontyn and 1 other like this
30 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

- Please test sea turtles/hunting grounds, see how it's income is compared to other ways because i feel like it's a really nice way to make money but simply not gonna do it because it earns soooo few and if it earns more the risk of being attacked while doing it also increases which makes it riskier. (not saying it should compete with meth in price range btw)

I would also suggest moving the hunting grounds away from the rebel outpost.  The space between Rodo and Athira is pretty bare.  Could maybe add to a bit where you collect a pelt and meat. The meat you cook yourself and the pelt could be taken to a taxidermist place and processed before being sold at the home improvement store as a rug or something.  Would add a variety of pelt/rugs that could price differ by rarity of animal.

Edited by HotWings
Midamaru likes this