Make .50 cals Great Again

The armed offroad recently got a small change, it cannot be sling-loaded while someone is in the gunner slot, why ? The .50 cal was very rarely used, and most of the time it was used loaded on a helicopter as it counters some of it's disadvantages (High vulnerabilty, low speed etc).
Make sling-loading it when someone is on gunner possible again, it was not overpowered in any way, not really used and as far as i remember, nobody complained about it.

Personally I would make them cheaper to buy, much cheaper just so we see more of them in action BUT the problem with that is the fact that they are deadly vs choppers so that might make people salty. But maybe a little reduction in price would be nice. 

The only times I see them pulled out is to shoot choppers that are following you etc. 

Just now, Gnashes said:

This was disabled 2 years ago and the code relating to it has been unchanged since then.

2-3 Ago me and my friends successfully sling loaded the .50, we tried it again this friday and it didn't work.

You can ask @BaDaBiNg_10-8 if you don't believe me, he and some cops managed to follow the .50 and seize it 

Spoiler

:FeelsBadMan:

Mr. Linux likes this
Just now, Gnashes said:

You can slingload a .50. You can't slingload a .50 that has a gunner.

I don't recall what happened exactly or how we did it - 'cause I don't have the recording anymore -, but I'm pretty sure we were able to sling the .50 cal and we had a gunner in the back.

Maybe he switched to the gunner after the offroad got slinged? 

:thinking:

Mr. Linux likes this
2 minutes ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

Personally I would make them cheaper to buy, much cheaper just so we see more of them in action BUT the problem with that is the fact that they are deadly vs choppers so that might make people salty. But maybe a little reduction in price would be nice. 

The only times I see them pulled out is to shoot choppers that are following you etc. 

I get that the .50 is very good against helicopters, but would it be a problem nowadays ? I see the APD very rarely using Orcas on banks and feds, most of the time they use it for transportation, on the cartel side it's not that different, people don't fight them that much anymore, i doubt lowering the price or making the .50 sling-loadable again would matter.
And in the end we still have the rotor script, people can disable a helicopter with 6.5s and 5.56s with a lot less risk than using a 160k weapon. 

Flameless and Mr. Linux like this