Let's talk about " Hands up or die. "

21 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

I often times see the issue where the rifle is raised and can easily look like they are going to shoot. But it boils down to giving them enough time to comply. 

The rifle is already raised, with the way we have our RDM rules all it takes is the flick of a mouse to kill them. Giving the initiator the disadvantage.  That is probably the reason that people get shot while trying to comply. 

35 minutes ago, Super Bumbi said:

Many people don't understand this simple concept. But when you say hands up or die to a person with a rifle, and you see the holstering animation for the rifle. Why do you insist on shooting? It's the animation that leads into hands up.

If you record yourself being shot while you are in the motion of complying I guarantee your report will be found in favor of a ban.

4 minutes ago, Yung Kali-G said:

The rifle is already raised, with the way we have our RDM rules all it takes is the flick of a mouse to kill them. Giving the initiator the disadvantage.  That is probably the reason that people get shot while trying to comply. 

I'm referring to when a person has the weapon out, but at the lowered position. 

@Yung Kali-G what im trying to say is  this

Player A is standing with his weapon is the lowered position. He is told hands up by player B, he hits tab and the weapon goes from the lowered position to the raised positing before the animation for holstering the weapon is started. I'm referring to when the weapon goes from lowered to raised, people often shoot because they think they are about to be shot. That's why it's important to leave enough time for them to comply. 

3 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Sucks when they kill you after putting your hands up anyways, some people don't read the full rules.

Or when people give you these hard ass questions they'd never expect even themselves to answer and they still kill you after.

1 hour ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

@Yung Kali-G what im trying to say is  this

Player A is standing with his weapon is the lowered position. He is told hands up by player B, he hits tab and the weapon goes from the lowered position to the raised positing before the animation for holstering the weapon is started. I'm referring to when the weapon goes from lowered to raised, people often shoot because they think they are about to be shot. That's why it's important to leave enough time for them to comply. 

IMO, player A should look away before pressing TAB to avoid confusion. I would rather shoot first then give them a chance to shoot me, because you never know. At that point, I believe player A did not take the necessary precautions to avoid being shot.

Edited by Pwnsome
Mitch (IFRIT) likes this
30 minutes ago, BlackShot said:

No, that's not Asylum. That's Arma and can't be fixed, sadly. The only thing I see that could happen is adding a note on the map - where there's the explanation on how to initiate - about what to expect if someone has a weapon pulled and goes through the "hands up" animation.

I realize that it cant be fixed. but rather others should be aware of this so that they don't mistakenly shoot. 

BlackShot likes this