i wish that rule breaking was easier to tackle

first off, pay no attention to the missing pfp, post count and shitty spelling. i have been playing on asylums servers for a few months

this is more of a vent than anything because i am clueless as to a solution but would like to hear your thoughts.

when you get killed in altis life by way of RDM it can be increadibly frustraiting. you just lost all your shit and the offender gets away scott free most of the time. when you get rdm(ed?) there is no way to get retribution in a reasonable timespan. you have to go through the massive hastle of filling out a forum and posting it, then wait sometimes days for your request to go through and it sometimes not even being accepted due to lack of evidence. now the admins work tirelessly on this server and do what they can, it is no fault of theirs that its such a flawed system its just that there really isnt a better option. creating a forum report is a pain in the ass for a number of reasons. #1 is it might not be worth posting a report because the damages are not that severe, but severe enough that it pisses you off and you have still lost assets. #2 because of the evidence needed. i get why we need such strict evidence, i wouldnt change that its just that not all of us can constantly record gameplay, arma is TERRIBLY optimised and im barley getting by as it is. that and there are issues such as "i didnt hear him" #3 is rdm is all to common, after a 4 hour session i dont want to fill out a forum for every single player that has broken the rules, its just not what i want to do with my time.

if i compare this to gmod, (dont hate me, we are comparing the handling of offenders not games here) you can call on an admin pronto and he will sort it out there and then. put both of you together, talk over what happened and look at the logs for evidence. oh what i wouldnt give for a system like this in arma.

now as i have stated before, the admins in this community work their asses off (props to them!) and are doing everything they can. its not a broken system but it is flawed, and much of it we cant do alot about. it is the nature of roleplay games, and i suppose its something ill have to learn to work around.

once again, shitty spelling and grammar i know, sorry :mellow:

.Sean likes this
1 hour ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

you have to remember where this mode originated from and it used to be lot more about RP than it was about gun play and cartels and stuff so this whole process is kind of an old school way it used to be done. 

I feel like that's how it used to be with every single RP game out there. Take DayZ for example. There used to be friendlies and bandits, where everyone would go on some sort of adventure with anyone. Now it's all KOS and banditry. 

We like to have the full 5 minutes just to make sure there was or wasn't initiation. You wouldn't believe the lengths people go through to get someone banned. All the way to cutting off the first 10 seconds of a clip where they got a text telling them "Hands up or die". 

We have the system and it works, but to make it work we need the support of the players. We cant just ban every time someone claims RDM because lets be honest. You see that shit in sidechat every 5 seconds. We try to get to the reports as fast as we can, but you have to realize we have other reports, comps, appeals, and players on the different servers needing help so it takes time. But we do try to remove the offending players from the servers as quickly as possible so they don't keep affecting others game time.

Maaqs likes this
16 hours ago, Dredge said:

We like to have the full 5 minutes just to make sure there was or wasn't initiation. You wouldn't believe the lengths people go through to get someone banned. All the way to cutting off the first 10 seconds of a clip where they got a text telling them "Hands up or die". 

We have the system and it works, but to make it work we need the support of the players. We cant just ban every time someone claims RDM because lets be honest. You see that shit in sidechat every 5 seconds. We try to get to the reports as fast as we can, but you have to realize we have other reports, comps, appeals, and players on the different servers needing help so it takes time. But we do try to remove the offending players from the servers as quickly as possible so they don't keep affecting others game time.

giphy.gif