Adding New Carrier Crew vests

Jets DLC is out and Bohemia gave us a nice gift. They added new carrier crew vests that have level 2 protection. I think these should be added to the civi side and maybe be stackable with csat gear. But before everyone has an aneurysm they are literally all bright colored so the trade off is that you stand out like a sore thumb.

41 minutes ago, Nic Rage said:

Jets DLC is out and Bohemia gave us a nice gift. They added new carrier crew vests that have level 2 protection. I think these should be added to the civi side and maybe be stackable with csat gear. But before everyone has an aneurysm they are literally all bright colored so the trade off is that you stand out like a sore thumb.

That's like saying let's put an unarmed Mora on Asylum for civ life, but make them hot pink so people can see them easily. 

Most gunfights on Asylum start out with both parties already seeing each other. Level 2 armor + CSAT is OP and a smart/confident player won't care if they stick out if it means they can tank through a few extra bullets. 

And before anyone says it'll help spice up civ/rebel life, it won't. If you need more armor than a tac-vest/csat or Guille/vest combo you may need to rethink your play-style. As of right now there a good balance with armor and clothing. At the very least let the admins test it out a little bit before placing it into Asylum. 

Just now, Cobra said:

That's like saying let's put an unarmed Mora on Asylum for civ life, but make them hot pink so people can see them easily. 

Most gunfights on Asylum start out with both parties already seeing each other. Level 2 armor + CSAT is OP and a smart/confident player won't care if they stick out if it means they can tank through a few extra bullets. 

And before anyone says it'll help spice up civ/rebel life, it won't. If you need more armor than a tac-vest/csat or Guille/vest combo you may need to rethink your play-style. As of right now there a good balance with armor and clothing. At the very least let the admins test it out a little bit before placing it into Asylum. 

You just compared a vest to a tank and Im the stupid one

Just now, Nic Rage said:

You just compared a vest to a tank and Im the stupid one

I never said you were stupid, I said I'm saying it's too early to throw lvl 2 armor witch CSATs in Asylum just because a new DLC came out.

In the past and it was ridiculous what people would get away with. With CSAT and carrier you could eject from an Orca 50m from the air with no parachute and still live when touching down. Not to mention you easily win gunfights even if someone had the drop on you. So before jumping to conclusions understand that there are some tweaking that needs to be done if this idea were to be placed in Asylum.

Just now, Cobra said:

I never said you were stupid, I said I'm saying it's too early to throw lvl 2 armor witch CSATs in Asylum just because a new DLC came out.

In the past and it was ridiculous what people would get away with. With CSAT and carrier you could eject from an Orca 50m from the air with no parachute and still live when touching down. Not to mention you easily win gunfights even if someone had the drop on you. So before jumping to conclusions understand that there are some tweaking that needs to be done if this idea were to be placed in Asylum.

I'm pretty sure it's okay to add to Asylum considering the fact everyone is going to use it. Therefore making the gunplay fair for everyone else.

39 minutes ago, Caden said:

I'm pretty sure it's okay to add to Asylum considering the fact everyone is going to use it. Therefore making the gunplay fair for everyone else.

Everyone won't use it. Not everyone has 2 Mil. Shit gets expensive

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

Why bother wearing body armor w/ guillie suit? 

Just stay hidden and not get shot at the first place 

Cobra likes this
17 minutes ago, Not a Block said:

Why bother wearing body armor w/ guillie suit? 

Just stay hidden and not get shot at the first place 

IKR? Yet I still see folks running in that get-up in cities when I bounty hunt or on the occasions I play rebel I see bushwookies charging for turf flags.

19 hours ago, Mutiny said:

-1 Lvl 2 vests were removed with the combination with any type of CSAT due to it being OP so why put it back in the game?

Ive been on the server for 2 and a half years now and never once have I seen lvl 2 vests other than cop vests

4 hours ago, Nic Rage said:

Ive been on the server for 2 and a half years now and never once have I seen lvl 2 vests other than cop vests

Think about it. If there was never a lvl 2 vest on the server and the carrier light had to be removed from CSAT gear then think about what a real lvl 2 vest would do