Reviving Gang Life

I see a lot of people talking about how gang life is dead. I feel one reason behind this is the fact that there is no real reward other than a measly 100-300k every restart. There needs to be more of an incentive to do gang vs gang things. 

Rewards:

Cartel Kills - Milestones for kills reward fancy skins for vehicles and clothing (maybe guns, but I'm not sure that's possible)

Turf Kills - Same as cartels but you gain a multiplier of the turfs effect for each milestone

War Kills - These already have fancy titles but I feel they need a little more, add some suggestions down below.

War Rating - Every 100 ish war rating you gain, you can unlock a new perk or skin.

Gang Perk System - In addition to the perks we have now, we could have a personal "second" talent tree, the points would come from participation in gang activities ex. Fighting Turfs, Cartels or getting war kills.

Group Cap - Remove it. No one likes it.

Gang Loadouts - Lvl 1s can set an amount of money a certain gang member can withdraw from the bank every 3-4 days, helping out if someone is low on money.

FIX SERVERS

READ BELOW:

So, many people are saying a major part of this is big personalities being banned. The staff have commented below stating their stance on the bans. They most likely will not be lifted. If they have been banned enough times to deserve a perm, they obviously are not the kind of friends you guys need. Just move on.

Feel free to add other suggestions below.

Edited by Pwnsome
CadeRooney, bum41, WilliamS and 3 others like this
nostalgia
nɒˈstaldʒə/
noun

1. a sentimental longing or wistful affection for a period in the past.
    "I was overcome with acute nostalgia for my days at university"
    synonyms: wistfulness, longing/yearning/pining for the past, regret, regretfulness, reminiscence, remembrance, recollection, homesickness, sentimentality
    "there is a nostalgia for traditional values"
    • something done or presented in order to evoke feelings of nostalgia.
      "an evening of TV nostalgia"
Space, Eric916, Azeh and 7 others like this
2 hours ago, Pwnsome said:

I see a lot of people talking about how gang life is dead. I feel one reason behind this is the fact that there is no real reward other than a measly 100-300k every restart. There needs to be more of an incentive to do gang vs gang things. 

Rewards:

Cartel Kills - Milestones for kills reward fancy skins for vehicles and clothing (maybe guns, but I'm not sure that's possible)

Turf Kills - Same as cartels but you gain a multiplier of the turfs effect for each milestone

War Kills - These already have fancy titles but I feel they need a little more, add some suggestions down below.

War Rating - Every 100 ish war rating you gain, you can unlock a new perk or skin.

Gang Perk System - In addition to the perks we have now, we could have a personal "second" talent tree, the points would come from participation in gang activities ex. Fighting Turfs, Cartels or getting war kills.

Group Cap - Remove it. No one likes it.

Gang Loadouts - Lvl 1s can set an amount of money a certain gang member can withdraw from the bank every 3-4 days, helping out if someone is low on money.

Another fun idea could be to replace laser tag with a sort of ranked rebel death match.

Feel free to add other suggestions below.

Let me pull helis from cartels ;3

2 hours ago, Addon said:

you can't fix gang life. it's too far gone to bring back. 

asylum is just going to slowly become full of civilians that lack skill needed to compete with the larger gangs and those larger gangs will leave because of no competition. 

lmao how do you know bikers

9 hours ago, thero said:

nah but fr if u want gang life back then first all of the players falsely banned should be unbanned. (Tiger, Jwilly)

This x1000

Unban people for CL + RDM and you'll get your gang life back.

Majority of perm bans for CL/RDM are laughable.

Edited by SnowFlake
19 minutes ago, SnowFlake said:

This x1000

Unban people for CL + RDM and you'll get your gang life back.

Majority of perm bans for CL/RDM are laughable.

If you are permanently banned for combat logging/RDMing, you have been banned so many times that the admins have no other option other than to  permanently ban you because you haven't learned from the other 15 bans not to CL or RDM.

Mike Stmria, Romulus, twistt and 1 other like this
36 minutes ago, Reapered said:

If you are permanently banned for combat logging/RDMing, you have been banned so many times that the admins have no other option other than to  permanently ban you because you haven't learned from the other 15 bans not to CL or RDM.

Ive heard it all before. Fact of the matter is there is a higher intelligence about the matter in which the asylum staff team has yet to reach.

This will be my last reply on this thread, mostly because I spoke the truth and am now hated amoungst the asylum staff.

Edited by SnowFlake
4 hours ago, Reapered said:

Lol spacegod is permed and it was his 2nd offence:frog:

SnowFlake likes this
12 hours ago, SnowFlake said:

Ive heard it all before. Fact of the matter is there is a higher intelligence about the matter in which the asylum staff team has yet to reach.

This will be my last reply on this thread, mostly because I spoke the truth and am now hated amoungst the asylum staff.

Not true,

I dont know who you are.  I apologize for not seeking out your eight "constructive" posts on our forum.

You make a lot of assumptions about the staff.  Your baseless accusations of "false bans" and the fact you think gang life will be revived by unbanning and rewarding consistent rule breakers?  

You know nothing about what actually happens in the background of Asylum.

You really think we enjoy banning people permanently?  Hell no.

It's not a good business model to remove your patrons permanently, but, when those patrons are disturbing the gameplay of others and taking an unfair advantage.  Something has to be done.

Eric916, bum41, Patato and 12 others like this
25 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Not true,

I dont know who you are.  I apologize for not seeking out your eight "constructive" posts on our forum.

You make a lot of assumptions about the staff.  Your baseless accusations of "false bans" and the fact you think gang life will be revived by unbanning and rewarding consistent rule breakers?  

It's not a good business model to remove your patrons permanently, but, when those patrons are disturbing the gameplay of others and taking an unfair advantage.  Something has to be done.

tumblr_miozfySto91rqunrlo1_500.gif

43 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Then why do I have friends that wait 4-8 months and still get denied for 'since you did it so many times, ect' you will not be unbanned?

I am mostly a solo player because when I finally got a job promotion, giving me more time to play video games, was left alone due to my long term friends being banned, essentially no chance of ever coming back. Real quality players too.

Edited by SnowFlake
Just now, SnowFlake said:

Then why do I have friends that waiting 4-8 months and still get denied for 'since you did it so many times, ect' you will not be unbanned?

I am mostly a solo player because when I finally got a job promotion, giving me more time to play video games, was left alone due to my long term friends being banned, essentially no chance of ever coming back. Real quality players too.

Depends on the severity of the ban.  The frequency and how often they were banned.  If they consistently broke the rules, you need new friends.

Mike Stmria, Eli and explicit like this
11 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Depends on the severity of the ban.  The frequency and how often they were banned.  If they consistently broke the rules, you need new friends.

This will be my last reply.

My friends were great at RP. I was told they would still receive full tickets.

My friends would not 'log out of combat scenarios' to save their gear. They had enough money to not risk bans. My friends would not just run around and RDM people for kicks but 'grey areas' as you call them would be the complicating reason of them getting banned.

1 hour ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Don't be so quick in what you say, because I have friends on the inside and they tell me a lot.

I have known people within the asylum community for years. People with thousands and thousands of hours. Do I get to play with them? Nope.

Do I get to make an active gang with my friends? Nope.

Why? Because they would play 10 hours a day, every day and would not break rules for MONTHS.

Then they mess with the wrong dude and a bullshit video goes up that effects NO ONE and his years of work, houses, friendships, escaping from his irl troubles, all shatters due to one little shit head, who probably won't stick around, gets the upper hand.

When in reality, you banned a God and kept the ant.

If you reply again, make it count. Insult me and get all your admin buddies to like your post and hate mine.

I won't be replying back. Have a nice day.

Edited by SnowFlake
16 minutes ago, SnowFlake said:

This will be my last reply.

My friends were great at RP. I was told they would still receive full tickets.

My friends would not 'log out of combat scenarios' to save their gear. They had enough money to not risk bans. My friends would not just run around and RDM people for kicks but 'grey areas' as you call them would be the complicating reason of them getting banned.

Don't be so quick in what you say, because I have friends on the inside and they tell me a lot.

I have known people within the asylum community for years. People with thousands and thousands of hours. Do I get to play with them? Nope.

Do I get to make an active gang with my friends? Nope.

Why? Because they would play 10 hours a day, every day and would not break rules for MONTHS.

Then they mess with the wrong dude and a bullshit video goes up that effects NO ONE and his years of work, houses, friendships, escaping from his irl troubles, all shatters due to one little shit head, who probably won't stick around, gets the upper hand.

When in reality, you banned a God and kept the ant.

If you reply again, make it count. Insult me and get all your admin buddies to like your post and hate mine.

I won't be replying back. Have a nice day.

Looks like Clint insulted a  *special* snowflake

Edited by Reapered
Reformed Katheeri likes this
2 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Not true,

I agree with you. Now, I never actually knew these big people that were banned, but the community really is impacted by their removal. I think that if that is what the staff decided, there was obviously a good reason behind the decision. The community cannot depend on four or five people to make the game fun. 

Clint Beastwood likes this