Patch 8.0.0 is out omg

wollie35

Just now, Armando Muchacho said:

Are you 5?  Its not hard to edit a page.     but LOL xDDD you pranked me.                 

Ye i know it's not hard XDD, I am a software developer myself so trust me I ain't completely retarded, and the second part is all I did for :D

Just now, g1ant said:

How to get gang life good again: 

> Remove Tanoa

> Change the map on server 5 to altis

> Run a pre 6.0 patch on it.

> Ez fights.

I think people also wanna see Malden tbh, and we don't need another altis server I think (just s4 to stop being so unstable )

Just now, wollie35 said:

I think people also wanna see Malden tbh, and we don't need another altis server I think (just s4 to stop being so unstable )

I would like to see a server with a pre 6.0 patch, then a shitty map everyone is gonna stop playing after 1 month.

Just now, Axe said:

No software developer thinks this would remotely fool anyone. 

Also. Not one over the age of 12 still uses "XDD" as an emoticon. :frog: 

First I actually do since everyone is really hyped about it so they would click before think.

Second I am 18 ty very much  and I probably wanted to type XD, And even if not, where does this statement with XDD being a 12 year old thing makes sense. It has the same purpose/goal as XD.

To proof my first point

Just now, sakha said:

FUCK YOU

22 minutes ago, franticgoat said:

I was so excited...

58 minutes ago, Armando Muchacho said:

Are you 5?  Its not hard to edit a page.     but LOL xDDD you pranked me.                 

Just now, g1ant said:

I would like to see a server with a pre 6.0 patch, then a shitty map everyone is gonna stop playing after 1 month.

Maybe idk, I've not been on asylum as long as most of u  (I think I joined around september or december 2017) so Idk these 'good times' as everyone refers to it :FeelsBadMan:

13 minutes ago, g1ant said:

> Remove Tanoa

> Ez fights.

Gang life was fine post 6.0

The only people who complained were people who bought/sold money. Were lazy. Or had to be carried by a massive group.

What killed gang life was when everyone became an absolute pussy and expected hand holding every step of the way.

People began complaining when people got brains and they started having actual competition other than other rebels (APD/BHs being granted more power)

What also killed it was when some people couldn't handle losing and felt the need to cheat instead to carry their gangs. 

6.0 changed very little in hindsight. In fact. Most of that has been rolled back. 

Weapon stock. Rolled back in first couple weeks

Money cap - Removed if you put in some work

Group cap - People abused this forever. Also. Its not hard to fight like the pre 6.0 meta using two groups. It was generally a bunch of people spraying at the cap and 2 ifrit/orca dropping.

Market scaling - Rolled back-ish

Cartel money - Just dont be a lazy fuck

Theres more but I can't remember those patch notes. But seriously. Its just people getting tired of the game. Very few games offer 5k hrs+

Also. People grow up. I was 14 when I started playing Asylum. Im graduating in a week. People's likes change and life changes. People aren't entering into ARMA as a whole like they were years ago when streamers played and hyped up the game (which was still relatively new). 

Eventually things die. And no matter what you do, you can't stop it. You have to remember that gangs make up only a portion of the server. Catering to just them would push other players off the server and drop the population lower. 

EDIT: Also when people became assholes/toxic children in general and abused every little thing they could. Bugs. Glitches. Game limitations. You name it. 

Edited by Axe
wollie35, ChicoXL and Haych like this
2 minutes ago, Axe said:

Gang life was fine post 6.0

The only people who complained were people who bought/sold money. Were lazy. Or had to be carried by a massive group.

What killed gang life was when everyone became an absolute pussy and expected hand holding every step of the way.

People began complaining when people got brains and they started having actual competition other than other rebels (APD/BHs being granted more power)

What also killed it was when some people couldn't handle losing and felt the need to cheat instead to carry their gangs. 

6.0 changed very little in hindsight. In fact. Most of that has been rolled back. 

Weapon stock. Rolled back in first couple weeks

Money cap - Removed if you put in some work

Group cap - People abused this forever. Also. Its not hard to fight like the pre 6.0 meta using two groups. It was generally a bunch of people spraying at the cap and 2 ifrit/orca dropping.

Market scaling - Rolled back-ish

Cartel money - Just dont be a lazy fuck

Theres more but I can't remember those patch notes. But seriously. Its just people getting tired of the game. Very few games offer 5k hrs+

Also. People grow up. I was 14 when I started playing Asylum. Im graduating in a week. People's likes change and life changes. People aren't entering into ARMA as a whole like they were years ago when streamers played and hyped up the game (which was still relatively new). 

Eventually things die. And no matter what you do, you can't stop it. You have to remember that gangs make up only a portion of the server. Catering to just them would push other players off the server and drop the population lower. 

EDIT: Also when people became assholes/toxic children in general and abused every little thing they could. Bugs. Glitches. Game limitations. You name it. 

That's true.

The really big problem is that the community have not been accepting new players. 

I have seen new players been trying to fight cartels, but when they do they get the same response all the time.

"What is taking so long, rats?", "Was that a push?" and only flame. And I understand them that they don't wanna come back to cartel when they only get shit back. They wont get good at the game then. 

Steve and FudgeR like this
Just now, g1ant said:

That's true.

The really big problem is that the community have not been accepting new players. 

I have seen new players been trying to fight cartels, but when they do they get the same response all the time.

"What is taking so long, rats?", "Was that a push?" and only flame. And I understand them that they don't wanna come back to cartel when they only get shit back. They wont get good at the game then. 

Ye i felt that when I just started fighting cartels, i kinda start to get the hang of them but still, you fight one of your first cartels, get shot outta nowhere and the first thing u see in chat : Haha fingerless bot, i was like dafuq

Just now, g1ant said:

When people were being toxic little fucks, I would just go do my own thing. They're going to be far more upset after not getting a fight than I am.

With some people its just a losing game.

You fight. You lose. They're toxic little fucks. You win. They make an excuse and are toxic little fucks. 

Just grow up. Have some class. Be happy you got a fight at all 

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

When people were being toxic little fucks, I would just go do my own thing. They're going to be far more upset after not getting a fight than I am.

With some people its just a losing game.

You fight. You lose. They're toxic little fucks. You win. They make an excuse and are toxic little fucks. 

Just grow up. Have some class. Be happy you got a fight at all 

Same here, if I have chatting shit its only been to gangs thats been bigger than the one I have been in. Because I know they will come back. 

But its just so fucking stupid to do it to new players. Give them creds for atleast trying and maybe give them some tips, no fucking reason to flame them.

Its just like if Messi should have started flaming a kid for trying to play against him. 

Edited by g1ant
BioHazard likes this
10 hours ago, g1ant said:

> Remove Tanoa

> Ez fights.

lol i havent seen all servers full in a while why would you need 5 servers if they are all 60/100 now a part from 1.. if anything remove s4 and keep 3 altis servers

ChicoXL likes this

K just read through all the posts.

@wollie35 You have to actually get paid or have a product to be a software developer.

@Axe people are such pussies nowadays. Like you should have seen the shit Glo,  Mugsyy,  Fred,  Sheep, 99%  of Fury , Bad Blood , Insidous , Envy would say to us. It's just a game , trash talk is done everywhere if fake internet people bother you that much then you need to go learn how to roast them even worse or actually kill them in game otherwise go log out and cry.

@Mr Smirnoff I'd actually love to see that revamped. Just remember to keep the part where you could be killed while in jail like it used to be LOL

Edited by Sugarfoot
ChicoXL and Kettles like this