How long can you get banned for things?

4 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Depends on prior offenses, overall ban history, and your attitude with the ban in question.

Take combat logging. Being snarky and telling the guy who caught you "Fuck you, I'm DC'ing, see you in 3 days!" will almost certainly get you a week+ ban that won't get shortened.

Ahhhh, thats why i got a 7 day ban.

100% depends on the admin and what their mood is at that moment. I was banned for 7 days for VDM'ing. This was my first offense. and was just kicked. "banned 7 days vdm" no explanation. sad thing is. THe server is plagued with VDM'r RDM'rs Cl's and just overall toxic players. And its the ones who make small slip ups that get banned. Yet you see the same bad apples doing the same shit day after day.

Becoming a joke.

So honestly depends on the admin

Bherky likes this
9 minutes ago, MODOK said:

100% depends on the admin and what their mood is at that moment. I was banned for 7 days for VDM'ing. This was my first offense. and was just kicked. "banned 7 days vdm" no explanation. sad thing is. THe server is plagued with VDM'r RDM'rs Cl's and just overall toxic players. And its the ones who make small slip ups that get banned. Yet you see the same bad apples doing the same shit day after day.

Becoming a joke.

So honestly depends on the admin

None gets a front notice about why you get banned, you simply get banned and you have a chance to appeal with the banning admin.

If you have a proposal for a better system go ahead and share, i've given it much thought but can simpy not think of one.

Keep in mind that people who do NOT break the rules suffer by the actions of those who do.

Any kind of slack on taking action against rule breakers promotes people to do so even more.

5 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

None gets a front notice about why you get banned, you simply get banned and you have a chance to appeal with the banning admin.

If you have a proposal for a better system go ahead and share, i've given it much thought but can simpy not think of one.

Keep in mind that people who do NOT break the rules suffer by the actions of those who do.

Any kind of slack on taking action against rule breakers promotes people to do so even more.

Best suggestion I can make. Have admins that are actually on the server acting as admins. instead of playing as a civ or cop and banning stuff that you witness first hand while playing the game yourself.

Giving people an opportunity to appeal their bans. spoken to so many civs that have felt they were banned for an unfair reason and they are automatically shot down with no explanation.

I see players who have been black listed from the PD. two days later they are back on duty doing the exact same stuff that lead to them being banned.

I see civs receive 7 day bans for VDming. or combat logging. THey do this repeatably throughout their time on the servers. and you see them back online a day later or later on that evening.

I deal with civs that combat log when you restrain the and start processing them. it is always the same offenders. We take bets on rather they will combat log after we restrain them. We report. But they are back at it later on.

We have gangs that receive hand outs from admins/Devs. They roam freely and Rdm/ VDM without a care in the world. They continue to do so without receiving any kind of warning or punishment. Then a person in kav shoots someone for being a racist and that person reports them. They receive a 7 day ban.

We have the most toxic Rdming/Vdming players that cry wolf and report others for actually playing the game in a fair way. players that intentionally go out of their way to get players banned.

Edited by MODOK
more stuff
berso and Bherky like this
11 minutes ago, MODOK said:

Best suggestion I can make. Have admins that are actually on the server acting as admins. instead of playing as a civ or cop and banning stuff that you witness first hand while playing the game yourself.

Giving people an opportunity to appeal their bans. spoken to so many civs that have felt they were banned for an unfair reason and they are automatically shot down with no explanation.

I see players who have been black listed from the PD. two days later they are back on duty doing the exact same stuff that lead to them being banned.

I see civs receive 7 day bans for VDming. or combat logging. THey do this repeatably throughout their time on the servers. and you see them back online a day later or later on that evening.

I deal with civs that combat log when you restrain the and start processing them. it is always the same offenders. We take bets on rather they will combat log after we restrain them. We report. But they are back at it later on.

We have gangs that receive hand outs from admins/Devs. They roam freely and Rdm/ VDM without a care in the world. They continue to do so without receiving any kind of warning or punishment. Then a person in kav shoots someone for being a racist and that person reports them. They receive a 7 day ban.

We have the most toxic Rdming/Vdming players that cry wolf and report others for actually playing the game in a fair way. players that intentionally go out of their way to get players banned.

PREACHHH

1 hour ago, MODOK said:

I feel inclined to respond.  I will do so on behalf of my team, but, I do not represent everyone.

To answer OP's ( @Leonid Brezhnev) question.

Typically it goes, 

3 Days

1 Week

2 Weeks

30 Days

PERM

Combat logging (1st offense 1 week), duping (1 week/wipe or PERM depends on severity) and 3rd party (Always PERM) usually carry heavier sentences.

Now I will respond to @MODOK

1. So we're not allowed to play, just watch?  Even after 3 hours of player reports and comps? Ok.

2. Everyone feels they are mistreated when they are banned, everyone can appeal, I can promise you if you approach your appeal with negativity rather than a level head you wont be coming back early.

3.  PD has nothing to do with admins unless they hold a rank of LT or Captain.  I wont speak for APD other than the fact they can appeal their points if they can provide sufficient evidence.  Most LT's just want to talk and get your side of things, unless you really messed up.

4.  First offense for CL is 1 week, we have records of each ban.  If you see the earlier than expected they probably had a great appeal, made a deal with the banning admin or had evidence to overturn their ban.  

5. Read above.  Add to that, we do not want to ban people to keep them away from our servers in fact, it is quite the opposite.  We ban to educate on server rules.  Sometimes we ban to talk to people directly.

6.  If I'm playing with my friends or associates they never have an unfair advantage over anyone.  Granted, I play with a lot of people who have spent countless hours in the community who know how to handle themselves and have their own money.  They really don't need any handouts. I would never play with a group of people who put me in a situation where I violate my abilities, ever.  My first reaction is never an instant ban, usually I text the person directly (not through admin) and ask for compensation/to make things right, if they dont listen or fail to reason then action is taken further.

7.  I wont deny that I have had my fair share of reports that stem from these people who cry wolf.  We listen to both sides to try to gather as much as we can from each situation.  If we find that another group is being vindictive, chances are their reports will be scrutinized heavily moving forward.  We have warned and taken action against people for making false reports, doctoring evidence and harass other players. 

Midamaru likes this
19 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Everybody can make a mistake and break a few rules, there are so many grey situations it can be hard to keep track. Do the staff take the time in  between bans into consideration? I don't think it would be fair to perm somebody if they accumulated 5 bans in 2 years especially if they are an alcoholic *cough*. 

Personally I think the only people who should be permed are those who clearly don't respect the rules and accumulate bans rapidly. But that is just my opinion, I would be interested to know an Admins stance on it though. 

Edited by Legit
7 minutes ago, Legit said:

Everybody can make a mistake and break a few rules, there are so many grey situations it can be hard to keep track. Do the staff take the time in  between bans into consideration? I don't think it would be fair to perm somebody if they accumulated 5 bans in 2 years especially if they are an alcoholic *cough*. 

Personally I think the only people who should be permed are those who clearly don't respect the rules and accumulate bans rapidly. But that is just my opinion, I would be interested to know an Admins stance on it though. 

Depends on the admin, severity, infraction etc.  There is always a chance to appeal for everyone. 

14 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

I feel inclined to respond.  I will do so on behalf of my team, but, I do not represent everyone.

Typically it goes, 

3 Days

1 Week

2 Weeks

30 Days

PERM

Combat logging (1st offense 1 week), duping (1 week/wipe or PERM depends on severity) and 3rd party (Always PERM) usually carry heavier sentences.

1. So we're not allowed to play, just watch?  Even after 3 hours of player reports and comps? Ok.

2. Everyone feels they are mistreated when they are banned, everyone can appeal, I can promise you if you approach your appeal with negativity rather than a level head you wont be coming back early.

3.  PD has nothing to do with admins unless they hold a rank of LT or Captain.  I wont speak for APD other than the fact they can appeal their points if they can provide sufficient evidence.  Most LT's just want to talk and get your side of things, unless you really messed up.

4.  First offense for CL is 1 week, we have records of each ban.  If you see the earlier than expected they probably had a great appeal, made a deal with the banning admin or had evidence to overturn their ban.  

5. Read above.  Add to that, we do not want to ban people to keep them away from our servers in fact, it is quite the opposite.  We ban to educate on server rules.  Sometimes we ban to talk to people directly.

6.  If I'm playing with my friends or associates they never have an unfair advantage over anyone.  Granted, I play with a lot of people who have spent countless hours in the community who know how to handle themselves and have their own money.  They really don't need any handouts. I would never play with a group of people who put me in a situation where I violate my abilities, ever.  My first reaction is never an instant ban, usually I text the person directly (not through admin) and ask for compensation/to make things right, if they dont listen or fail to reason then action is taken further.

7.  I wont deny that I have had my fair share of reports that stem from these people who cry wolf.  We listen to both sides to try to gather as much as we can from each situation.  If we find that another group is being vindictive, chances are their reports will be scrutinized heavily moving forward.  We have warned and taken action against people for making false reports, doctoring evidence and harass other players. 

Im glad you took your time to write this else i would have.

@MODOK There is none who can simply run around and break every server rule there is except for Paratus himself because none can touch him. 

In my personal experience i've never seen an admin do handouts or give a advantage. Trust me i've been around for a while. If admins break their own rules the developers have no problem getting rid of them. 

Bherky likes this
21 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Typically it goes, 

3 Days

1 Week

2 Weeks

30 Days

PERM

Thanks, this is what I was looking for.

4 hours ago, Leonid Brezhnev said:

A one week ban a month ago, not your ban idiot. 

Blocked

On 2017-6-5 at 2:09 PM, Clint Beastwood said:

Typically it goes, 

3 Days

1 Week

2 Weeks

30 Days

PERM

3 hours of being an admin? Good, now go play the game and put being an admin aside. Don't need an admin getting what he considers RDM'd through "improper roleplay" having a rival gang member get banned or directly spoke to.

Been banned two times. Was instantly banned without any form of an admin reaching out to me to find out what the situation was. Have spoken to numerous players who had had similar experiences.

Do not see the relevance of this comment. From my understanding if you are

BAD LEONID

Bherky likes this
  • 4 weeks later...