Could we get a purge added ?!

Lion :)

I remember a long time ago. I can't remember if it was an admin event or what. Gangs could hit a button to "declare terrorism" on a city (can't remember if it was just Kavala or if it was any city). That would last for an hour I think. The police could then come in and declare "marshal law" but I can't remember what that entailed. I wasn't a cop back then - I just remember these events happening. I also remember SWAT being an actual whitelisted slot in the lobby and you had to go through some rigorous training to be a part of it. Here are some of the 2014 SWAT documents for Asylum:

Just something cool to look back at. But yeah the purge was definitely a thing back in the day.

I think @Volunteer281 was a part of it. Maybe he can chime in on what S.W.A.T. was.

Edited by Samperino
found Rules of Engagement as well
Walt and Codie Alterman like this
3 minutes ago, Samperino said:

I remember a long time ago. I can't remember if it was an admin event or what. Gangs could hit a button to "declare terrorism" on a city (can't remember if it was just Kavala or if it was any city). That would last for an hour I think. The police could then come in and declare "marshal law" but I can't remember what that entailed. I wasn't a cop back then - I just remember these events happening. I also remember SWAT being an actual whitelisted slot in the lobby and you had to go through some rigorous training to be a part of it. Here are some of the 2014 SWAT documents for Asylum:

Just something cool to look back at. But yeah the purge was definitely a thing back in the day.

I think @Volunteer281 was a part of it. Maybe he can chime in on what S.W.A.T. was.

I'm pretty sure  a "Declare terrorism"  button was never a thing...

6 minutes ago, Samperino said:

I think they should bring that back, I remember trying to leave my house and getting shot it was fun.

Just now, TheCrestedPenguin said:

I'm pretty sure  a "Declare terrorism"  button was never a thing...

It was. It was removed due to reason you're probably very sure of.

edit: if it wasn't a button (I'm very sure it was), there was a way they could declare terrorism very easily via a server-wide message

Edited by Samperino
On 6/14/2017 at 10:28 AM, Samperino said:

Wow blast from the past! Yes I was one of the Commanders of the original S.W.A.T. team. Along with an old Developer named Skalicon and an old admin named USCG Cox. We had a team of about 15-20 trained members. It was fun.

@TheCrestedPenguin Yes "declaring terrorism" was actually a thing. Basically you were allowed to declare terrorism on a town or area. You had to give all civilians via side chat a 10 minute heads up / warning and you had to text the cops. "We are declaring terrorism on Kavala in 10 minutes. This is your warning" Once the 10 minute timer was up, it was free game for that group/gang to shoot whomever they felt like. Captains also had the ability to "declare martial law" on a town. Mainly Kavala. Where they could down/lethal anyone deemed a threat to the APD or to innocent civilians in town. There would be a message displayed (similar to an admin message in game) that would announce the martial law and you would see a large red circle and hear a siren going off in Kavala during the martial law. Good times.

Samperino, DJB, FudgeR and 1 other like this
3 hours ago, Volunteer281 said:

Wow blast from the past! Yes I was one of the Commanders of the original S.W.A.T. team. Along with an old Developer named Skalicon and an old admin named USCG Cox. We had a team of about 15-20 trained members. It was fun.

@TheCrestedPenguin Yes "declaring terrorism" was actually a thing. Basically you were allowed to declare terrorism on a town or area. You had to give all civilians via side chat a 10 minute heads up / warning and you had to text the cops. "We are declaring terrorism on Kavala in 10 minutes. This is your warning" Once the 10 minute timer was up, it was free game for that group/gang to shoot whomever they felt like. Captains also had the ability to "declare martial law" on a town. Mainly Kavala. Where they could down/lethal anyone deemed a threat to the APD or to innocent civilians in town. There would be a message displayed (similar to an admin message in game) that would announce the martial law and you would see a large red circle and hear a siren going off in Kavala during the martial law. Good times.

Any reason why this was removed, looks like a lot of fun?

4 hours ago, Volunteer281 said:

I know that declaring terror was a thing just never thought a button was a thing that'd be odd to me. But yeah i remember this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2017 at 9:23 AM, Juan Lei said:

people would stock up houses with suicide vests for the purge moment, the server will then just be a wasteland of craters and blown up buildings wouldn't be too enjoyable i believe  

Thats cute, you think arma is developed enough to have craters caused by explosions!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...