STRIFE Change Log 0.3.0

• Fixed a bug causing extra damage in car crashes.
  • Being run over by a FRIENDLY vehicle will now ragdoll you and not hurt you.
  • Increased the performance of the player name tags considerably. Should see better framerates.
  • There are now repair/rearm pads! Use these to refill your ammo, fuel and repair. Costs $250 per 10% of all.
  • You can no longer be killed while you're on spawn island.
SharingWriter, FudgeR, DJB and 3 others like this
Just now, Paratus said:
  • Increased the performance of the player name tags considerably. Should see better framerates.
  • There are now repair/rearm pads! Use these to refill your ammo, fuel and repair. Costs $250 per 10% of all.

can you buff kills for destroy vehicles

1 minute ago, Paratus said:

:FeelsBadMan: now spawn island is fixed once I got killed like 30+ times when afk

Kettles likes this

A couple of things that need some tweaking IMO,

Vehicle repair/refuel - Too quick, should take at least 30 seconds. (this coming from a tank commando)

Infantry AA - When teams are unbalanced and new tanks/jets can not be bought the side with the planes in the air has no counter. As right now, blufor has capped everything it can but since jets are protecting the carrier we can not advance. 

Area Capture - Add timer, reduce the time. 10 mins just seems a bit too long especially when the server is not full.

Killing in enemy base - Should not be allowed

Team Killing - Excessive team killing/griefing teammates should not be allowed.

Just some thoughts playing from today.

2 hours ago, Paratus said:

32 minutes ago, Leady said:

Team Killing - Excessive team killing/griefing teammates should not be allowed.

Teammates running on top of your mines just to make you lose 3k is a real pain in the ass. Mines are basically useless at this point because of this.

The team locking should only last 30 minutes I try to swap from blufor to balance the teams and I can't until the game resets, later at night this will cause teams to become super unbalanced as players leave. 

I don't see why certain classes have one life, but pilots/crewmen aren't included. At Least give the special rolls a few extra lives, I feel like the one life limit causes these classes to be empty a majority of the time.

Edited by Legit

Let me suggest 

1. Have a payout when you destroy a tank/cars/jets/heli. Happens to often when i dogfight a jet, he ejects and i dont get paid for the ammo i wasted on it 

2. Fix the radar on the jets, ive a vieuw of 7km and i only get a mark on the radar when i fly over it? Even when i turn to go back it doesn't show up anymore, 

Its really hard to see on the radar / vieuw who is allie and who is foe. 

Already had white dots as enemy, and green dots as enemy

Just now, Lightningxo said:

Let me suggest 

1. Have a payout when you destroy a tank/cars/jets/heli. Happens to often when i dogfight a jet, he ejects and i dont get paid for the ammo i wasted on it 

2. Fix the radar on the jets, ive a vieuw of 7km and i only get a mark on the radar when i fly over it? Even when i turn to go back it doesn't show up anymore, 

Its really hard to see on the radar / vieuw who is allie and who is foe. 

Already had white dots as enemy, and green dots as enemy

Radar is an Arma function. Any changes you wish to see made there belong at https://feedback.bistudio.com/

Just now, Gnashes said:

Radar is an Arma function. Any changes you wish to see made there belong at https://feedback.bistudio.com/

I know for a fact im not the only one with the radar issue, and using the radar is one of the most important things attacking a point, 

Do you know how hard it is to see a little tank hidding in a bush if you fly over it at 700km/h

Its OP though camping with a jet bomb area = area clear ( if u can drop bombs) xD

27 minutes ago, Lightningxo said:

I know for a fact im not the only one with the radar issue, and using the radar is one of the most important things attacking a point, 

Do you know how hard it is to see a little tank hidding in a bush if you fly over it at 700km/h

Its OP though camping with a jet bomb area = area clear ( if u can drop bombs) xD

Once again, there is nothing we can change with Radar. Please leave feedback for the game engine developers.

18 minutes ago, Leady said:

Bug - When you drive thru a rearm/refuel and keep going, the second you stop it will attempt to rearm/refuel you and then drain you to no fuel no ammo.

Intended. I mentioned this to Paratus when we tested it.

(Unless you're referring to stopping some distance away)

I think on STRIFE we should have  a 1 person role as a commander he can talk on Side Chat and lead the team if a kid or a mic spammer get the commander role the team should be allowed to vote kick 

The Commander would have access to air strikes on zones marked by teammates i dont know how you can make it so someone marks the zones but i think that would be very helpful and fun specially now cause it just a cluster fuck of people running around capping random objectives.

Complains: Air craft carrier should be able to be boarded form outside and the backpacks carrying AA AT should be able to be drooped otherwise they are useless AA launchers should be able to lock on as for AT is not really necessary but really there is  way to many damn jets please fix the last 7 points cause at this points they cant be captured dont know why. Add a reward for obtaining back objectives and increase the reward for obtaining them like 8k or 10k due to the fact they are better important plus it would be 1k per minute since it takes 10 minutes to capture. As for the rest it has been a fun day not that many battle eye kicks like yesterday and overall fun just a little fixes here and there and you guys can make this a popular fun game mode thanks for reading :)

1 hour ago, Acomptis said:

I think on STRIFE we should have  a 1 person role as a commander he can talk on Side Chat and lead the team if a kid or a mic spammer get the commander role the team should be allowed to vote kick 

The Commander would have access to air strikes on zones marked by teammates i dont know how you can make it so someone marks the zones but i think that would be very helpful and fun specially now cause it just a cluster fuck of people running around capping random objectives.

Complains: Air craft carrier should be able to be boarded form outside and the backpacks carrying AA AT should be able to be drooped otherwise they are useless AA launchers should be able to lock on as for AT is not really necessary but really there is  way to many damn jets please fix the last 7 points cause at this points they cant be captured dont know why. Add a reward for obtaining back objectives and increase the reward for obtaining them like 8k or 10k due to the fact they are better important plus it would be 1k per minute since it takes 10 minutes to capture. As for the rest it has been a fun day not that many battle eye kicks like yesterday and overall fun just a little fixes here and there and you guys can make this a popular fun game mode thanks for reading :)

Lol no. Texting in side chat and making marks on the map is more then fair enough to organize attacks. You'll have two issues if the above gets implemented:

A.) You just have a sea of mic spammers joining the slot, over and over again regardless of the vote kick being in place.
B.) The vote kick turns into a favoritism game for the commander spot.

Edited by Coyote
I'm a derp.
Boonie Hat and Blake Kingsin like this
19 minutes ago, Professor Pericles said:

@Gnashes

im out of town for the week, but one of the above posts about radar made me curious, is active radar disabled in all vehicles? 

the radar works its just bugged , sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't , sometimes u see things on the radar and next second they dissapear , etc xD

2 hours ago, Lightningxo said:

the radar works its just bugged , sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't , sometimes u see things on the radar and next second they dissapear , etc xD

But you know what I'm talking about right, I'm talking about active radar which is a new feature for Arma three versus passive and visual only. @Durga  / @Waldo I know you know what I'm talking about. Is active radar enabled on this mod

Edited by Professor Pericles
3 hours ago, Lightningxo said:

Radar doesn't work through mountains (because that's how Radar works), which is likely the "bug" you are referring to.

39 minutes ago, Professor Pericles said:

But you know what I'm talking about right, I'm talking about active radar which is a new feature for Arma three versus passive and visual only. @Durga  / @Waldo I know you know what I'm talking about. Is active radar enabled on this mod

Yes, active Radar is enabled. You can be "cold" or "hot" with respect to Radar detection.

3 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Radar doesn't work through mountains (because that's how Radar works), which is likely the "bug" you are referring to.

Yes, active Radar is enabled. You can be "cold" or "hot" with respect to Radar detection.

Please buff the kills on tanks. flying jets isnt profitable right now

13 minutes ago, Clark said:

It's because it is the RPG-7. The NATO have the good rpg. They can actually kill a tank in three rockets. We have to shoot 42 at a tank to kill it.

I wish the NATO RPG was taking out armored vehicles in three rockets.

7 minutes ago, Nic Rage said:

but if you kill someone with a pcml you make them waste 20,000 dollars so

I can't even get ammo for the PMCL in virtual arsenal   

@Gnashes Is it possible to remove all friendly damage. Most people are teamkilling just to troll, I don't see why it should be enabled. At least disable it for placed explosives. Also an option to hide your marker on the map from non-group members would be nice as I know a few gangs that are using this for a profitable advantage.