STRIFE Change Log 0.3.1

Idk if anyone's posted it, but reloading anything removes an additional magazine from your gun.

I've encountered this issue with 40mm underbarrel grenades, basic rifle magazines, and RPGs/PCMLs

Let me demonstrate.

Current magazine Ammo | Total number of other magazines

30 | 9

(fire 3 shots)

27 | 9

(RELOAD)

30 | 8

What it should look like after the reload

30 | 9

It's deleting a magazine. Or rocket. Whatever you're reloading.

Also, static bag placed weaponry (static AA / AT, etc) are being either deleted after your own death, or are being cleaned out. I'm sure which, or if either are intended.

Steve, Le Razoir and Treeontyn like this

Bug - Portable AA launchers get hit by cleanup script

Bug - AA guns on the ship still getting hit by cleanup script.

Bug - Armor stored in garages can not be rearmed, have to buy a new one

Bug - A lot of people are being spawned in buildings/rocks ect

Suggestion - Add additional boat spawn with armed assault boat.

Suggestions - Holster script, running through the woods with bino's out just looks ridiculous .

Durga, Crossfade, BlackShot and 2 others like this
5 hours ago, Durga said:

Idk if anyone's posted it, but reloading anything removes an additional magazine from your gun.

I've encountered this issue with 40mm underbarrel grenades, basic rifle magazines, and RPGs/PCMLs

Let me demonstrate.

Current magazine Ammo | Total number of other magazines

30 | 9

(fire 3 shots)

27 | 9

(RELOAD)

30 | 8

What it should look like after the reload

30 | 9

It's deleting a magazine. Or rocket. Whatever you're reloading.

Also, static bag placed weaponry (static AA / AT, etc) are being either deleted after your own death, or are being cleaned out. I'm sure which, or if either are intended.

that's weird, my magazines refill whenever i reload

17 hours ago, Paratus said:

Takes 10 seconds or so.

still its way to short , if ur dogfighting enemy escapes if they can make it into the spawnzone even when u just strifed make it 20 sec , 10 sec then get a warning , 10 sec after.

would be much better :)

note : when game ends u cant switch teams , yesterday i went opfor becauze paratus did it manually , now i cant switch anymore 

Edited by Lightningxo
12 hours ago, Buck said:

Is it possible just to have the dots instead of the vehicles and dots makes my frames drop a lot... 

When i turn off player tags in settings i get an instant 30+ frames, the little icons for your team should be improved like king of the hill.

Buck likes this
2 hours ago, Treeontyn said:

I'd definitely say the most important thing needed at the moment is some sort of team balancing. People just join the team that previously won before so they can get the end game win bonus.. @Paratus

Sometimes alot of people from one side also log off, you can't simply switch teams yourself so theres no balance.

Treeontyn likes this

@Paratus  Mortars need an additional script in place in order to properly operate them without arty computer in Strife. Long story short, BIS (in their infinite wisdom) lacks a feature that tells you the three fire modes (charge) of mortars (Short, Medium, Far). Without this simple fire mode indication would be like playing a game of Battleship without a grid and x , y values.

These indications determine whether you will hit your mark or wipe out a friendly squad.  Toggling the Fire Mode is already in place for mortars via the F key just like fire mode for standard weapons, it just doesn't tell your current setting like it should. You need to be able to see which fire mode you're on so you don't goof up on the formulas used for operating mortars.

Solution: 
Have a scroll wheel option to set the fire mode or have a indicator pop-up telling you your current fire mode charge (SHORT, MEDIUM, FAR) when you cycle fire modes. 

I don't mind doing the math and work behind fire missions, but I need know exactly what the settings of my instrument are so I can carry them out. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

@Paratus  Mortars need an additional script in place in order to properly operate them without arty computer in Strife. Long story short, BIS (in their infinite wisdom) lacks a feature that tells you the three fire modes (charge) of mortars (Short, Medium, Far). Without this simple fire mode indication would be like playing a game of Battleship without a grid and x , y values.

These indications determine whether you will hit your mark or wipe out a friendly squad.  Toggling the Fire Mode is already in place for mortars via the F key just like fire mode for standard weapons, it just doesn't tell your current setting like it should. You need to be able to see which fire mode you're on so you don't goof up on the formulas used for operating mortars.

Solution: 
Have a scroll wheel option to set the fire mode or have a indicator pop-up telling you your current fire mode charge (SHORT, MEDIUM, FAR) when you cycle fire modes. 

I don't mind doing the math and work behind fire missions, but I need know exactly what the settings of my instrument are so I can carry them out. Thanks!

It does tell you what mode you're on tho... 

The engineer class needs to be looked at....

The current loadout

• 1 launcher 2 rockets
  • 2 APERS mines, 1 claymore charge
  • only 3 magazines for the weapon
  • 2 mine detectors (really!?)
  • 2 Chemlights(what for?)
  • 6 first aid kits(is it the medic class or engineer class?)
  • 2 RGO grenades

How the loadout should be in my opinion

• 1 launcher 2 rockets
  • 2 APERS mines
  • 6 magazines
  • 1 mine detector
  • 2 first aid kits
  • 2 RGO grenades

Also, placing down APERS mines consumes 2 mines instead of 1.

Once you disarm the mine it disappears and cannot be picked up (intended?)

Edited by Churu
37 minutes ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

It does tell you what mode you're on tho... 

Where? When I toggle F nothing tells me the charge I'm on. The computer screen changes, but doesn't tell me if the setting I'm on is charge 0, 1, or 2. I don't like having to bet wasting ammo over something as practical as just knowing if I'm on the right setting or not. Only the arty computer will let you see the charge setting which is dumb on Bohemia's part. 10k is kinda steep to invest in and every shot counts when your tasked with a fire mission.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=949625992

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/847089007286096939/9209F1E9D337F80D20A055B873152F70536CA2F9/ 

Edited by Cobra
55 minutes ago, Churu said:

Once you disarm the mine it disappears and cannot be picked up (intended?)

Not in my experience, i deactivate them and them i can pick them up (if theres enough backpack space).

However what really needs a fix is that APERS Mines and maybe alot of other things too are FREE.

Aka i'll just buy 30 mines with no cost and blow the fucking map up.

1 hour ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

With the jets i havent been able to switch to anything other than the 30mm cannons. Cant use the rockers/bombs. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem. @Paratus

Try 1 2 3 4. If that doesn't work you'll need to go into controls and go under weapons and set "Switch to weapons group" keys to what you want