STRIFE Change Log 0.4.0

On 6/19/2017 at 8:18 PM, Paratus said:

Oops, I forgot to mention this. It's been live for hours!

• You'll now get 20% of the value of a vehicle when it's destroyed, so long as it belongs to the enemy forces.
  • The reward system is now live. Your reward is based on the difficulty of the war for your side. That means that if your team had a huge balance in your favor, the reward won't be as good.
  • There's now a forum thread in announcements where you'll find the results of each war and the top 25 players listed. Everyone on the side receives at least some money, and that amount depends on your rank.
  • Some various bug and exploit fixes.

Hotfix

• Fixed bugs re-arming vehicles removed from the garage.
  • Rebel engineers now spawn with mine detectors.
  • All units will now spawn with a GPS.
  • Rebel JTAC should now be able to connect to their UAV.
  • Fixed a bug which caused magazines to be removed when reloading.
  • Player tags will fade based on distance.
  • An auto-balance mechanic has been added. The server will select people to switch sides when needed. If you accept, you'll receive a bonus.

so, what happens if you don't get reward tho but you won and we're in like top 5 with bunch of ppl

Atra and Krypton:) like this
3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Can you do something about mines? Keep dying to my own team mates mines around the laptop to pull out vehicles :FeelsBadMan:

Mine placed by teammates deal no damage to you. Though i believe if you step on it, any nearby player (other than you) will still get damage.

Atleast thats how it'ssupposed to work. My mines often get cleaned up by trolling teammates. 

Just now, Midamaru said:

Mine placed by teammates deal no damage to you. Though i believe if you step on it, any nearby player (other than you) will still get damage.

Atleast thats how it'ssupposed to work. My mines often get cleaned up by trolling teammates. 

I die too often to team mates mines, they definitely deal damage x{

47 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

@Paratus Can we please get the rewards system fixed?  That's what is going to kill the server the fastest if people are logging lots of hours for their sides and not even being rewarded

>Paratus wonders why people complain

>Refuses to address issues or acknowledge them with a quick 2 minute post saying hes either working on them and/or knows about them

explicit, JIMBO, Azeh and 4 others like this
1 hour ago, Ronald said:

>Paratus wonders why people complain

>Refuses to address issues or acknowledge them with a quick 2 minute post saying hes either working on them and/or knows about them

I feel like Paratus may be an AI, testing us to see how we react, how the human mind works and deals with certain situations. How he can make them happy by offering updates, then crushing their souls by making it broken af.

Nightfury, Steve, Ronald and 5 others like this
5 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

What's broke on Malden?

• Op-for spawn on the pad in the water doesnt work for re-arming or spawning
  • Blu-for base doesnt have a runway for drones/too compact for helis.
  • AA is too overpowered for what aircrafts are on the map to combat them including armoured vehicles.
  • Payouts do not work for everyone.
  • Theres a way to get free loadouts. (not gonna tell here)
  • The op-for spawn in the water gets camped by enemy armour/mortars.
  • Blu-for main base can be camped by mortars/armour vehicles.

Thats just a few to feed your curiosity

@Paratus.

We have talked about rotating between the two maps for Strife.  We're working on a way to do that when the "campaign" ends since the map rotation is a server cycle rotation (as built in by BIS).  

As for Malden life, Paratus and I decided it's not really a good life map really.  There nothing "special" about it either topographically or otherwise that would make it an interesting life map.  Maybe we will change our minds in the future, but for now it's only meh as a life map.  

Just now, bamf said:

We have talked about rotating between the two maps for Strife.  We're working on a way to do that when the "campaign" ends since the map rotation is a server cycle rotation (as built in by BIS).  

As for Malden life, Paratus and I decided it's not really a good life map really.  There nothing "special" about it either topographically or otherwise that would make it an interesting life map.  Maybe we will change our minds in the future, but for now it's only meh as a life map.  

then can we get a decent altis update we literally didnt get one in like 4 months now

Haych, bobzen, Space and 2 others like this
Just now, bamf said:

Can you not keep it up on tanoa until malden is fixed?

Just now, Fudger said:

then can we get a decent altis update we literally didnt get one in like 4 months now

Yes, the main content for the next Altis patch has been mapped out and development will begin shortly.  

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Can you not keep it up on tanoa until malden is fixed?

I'm not sure if the bug is in the server or client code.  If it's in the server side (which I think is likely), then the map is not relevant.  

Faceless_ and FudgeR like this
Just now, bamf said:

Yes, the main content for the next Altis patch has been mapped out and development will begin shortly.  

I'm not sure if the bug is in the server or client code.  If it's in the server side (which I think is likely), then the map is not relevant.  

Just now, bamf said:

8.0 CONFIRMED

bamf likes this