PC upgrades for Arma 3 life

drex

7 minutes ago, Fudger said:

How many fps do you usually get in cities/ cartels/during banks feds etc.? On altis

Depends, I get a lot less when the player count is higher. But on a bad day i get like 20-30 in a big city. Outside of city I have 40-60. Lower players counts = much better fps tho

Just now, drex said:

Depends, I get a lot less when the player count is higher. But on a bad day i get like 20-30 in a big city. Outside of city I have 40-60. Lower players counts = much better fps tho

Same for me pretty much and i have an i7 2600 gtx 970 8gb ram

Edited by Fudger

Comes down to your actual ingame settings, monitor size and hardware.  All of those things are a factor.

Arma benefits from higher clock speeds so thats why the 4790k and the 7700k are king for maximizing FPS.  

Faster RAM

SSD 

You dont need a 980/1080 to get amazing FPS you just have to find a comfortable balance in your settings that puts the load equally on both GPU/CPU and you wont have the bottlenecks.  

Space and Mayhem like this
7 hours ago, Fudger said:

In cities?

Was getting upto 100 outside and in fights however in cities it dropped to around 80-90ish sometimes I'd get 60. All depends on how laggy it was for me. 

however right now i have no GPU and im running at 40-50fps on medium graphics,

Edited by CrossFade
9 hours ago, CrossFade said:

Was getting upto 100 outside and in fights however in cities it dropped to around 80-90ish sometimes I'd get 60. All depends on how laggy it was for me. 

however right now i have no GPU and im running at 40-50fps on medium graphics,

No way with NO gpu....you have an onboard one?

20 hours ago, CrossFade said:

I got upto 100fps on high with a i7 6700k 4.2ghz, amd R9 290 with 16gb ddr4. 

so ultimately upgraded my processor. that's what i was looking into. I have a gtx970 is that better than ur graphics card and also how do i know what kind of ram i have because i have 16 gb. I'm prob going to buy a 6700k where is the best place to buy one. <- note i have a 200$ gift card to best buy so i will prob get it from there 

37 minutes ago, Kevin Hansen said:

stock 6800k for me 80-95 fps ish and oced to 4.1 i get 100-120fps outside of town and in kavala about 30-40 stock speed. when 50+ on with like 20 in kavala

so even with an over clocked 6800k Kavala plebs lag the fuck out of your pc. maybe upgrading to a 6700k doesn't even need to be done. What is your opinion?

39 minutes ago, drex said:

so even with an over clocked 6800k Kavala plebs lag the fuck out of your pc. maybe upgrading to a 6700k doesn't even need to be done. What is your opinion?

in my opinion as my cpu is similar to yours only higher clock speed and one gen newer if you have money for it even i wouldnt. Because you could overclock it with a decent cpu cooler like noctua nh d15 or watercooler if you decided to do that save money to get more fps like that but if you haven't done some performance tweaks for your windows operating system i would recommend doing that to maybe maximize it more then getting into overclocking if you have a decent mobo if you need any help ill try to help you out

drex likes this
8 hours ago, krickenBacker said:

No way with NO gpu....you have an onboard one?

Yeah on board.

5 hours ago, Kevin Hansen said:

in my opinion as my cpu is similar to yours only higher clock speed and one gen newer if you have money for it even i wouldnt. Because you could overclock it with a decent cpu cooler like noctua nh d15 or watercooler if you decided to do that save money to get more fps like that but if you haven't done some performance tweaks for your windows operating system i would recommend doing that to maybe maximize it more then getting into overclocking if you have a decent mobo if you need any help ill try to help you out

And yeah the 970 is better then what I had.

arma is CPU intensive. So the card is only about graphics doesn't make much of a difference in fps. However without a good one you'll get heaps of fps but it looks like shit

1 hour ago, CrossFade said:

Yeah on board.

And yeah the 970 is better then what I had.

arma is CPU intensive. So the card is only about graphics doesn't make much of a difference in fps. However without a good one you'll get heaps of fps but it looks like shit

970 is more then good enough like a 750 or older card is still like fine but yeah... arma serie is cpu "intensive" using 30% on evry core except like 1-2 with 90% load on my 6 core but with 5ish tabs of google chrome open while.