Being a medic is not worth it and why medics sit in Kavala

I have been playing as a medic on this server for about 6 hours a day for 5 days, and i have come the conclusion that being a medic just isn't worth it. As it stands right now there is basically only 2 options: You buy an ambulance and sit in Kavala competing with 5 other medics to revive people, or you spend 20K on a helicopter that just gets shot down within an hour because people don't want you to revive the people they just shot. Now obviously the latter will make you lose tons of money and is purely not worth it so you just end up sitting in Kavala which is boring. Additionally, I don't see how it’s worth it to risk your life and $20,000 helicopter for $800, the $800 revive fee is way too low especially when reviving players that have millions of dollars. This is not even mentioning the fact that 50% of the time when I go to revive someone there is a person waiting on their body screaming "MEDICS DO NOT REVIVE THEM OR ILL KILL YOU". With this said, being a medic on this server is boring and counterproductive, however I think that there is a way to fix it.

My ideas:

1. Put players into tiers either based on money or gear value, higher tier = higher cost to revive*

2. Reduce Retrieval fee for ambulances and helicopters

3. Prevent people from being revived by non-medics for a short while when they press call medic

4. Medics should be given time to escape before getting mugged or killed*

*Clarifications*

1. Keep base revive cost at 800 dollars then double the amount for each tier the player is in, a new player with 8 dollars’ worth of peaches and a multi-millionaire with 50k worth of gear should not be charged the same amount. Do not specify which tier the player is in when the EMTs are notified to reduce people only reviving rich players 

2. Killing someone and then waiting for the medic to show up just to kill/rob the medic is honestly just a shitty thing to do and really makes being a medic suck.

Thank you for taking your time to read my post, feel free to critique or call me an idiot in the replies this is just my opinion.

- EMT | Duckie

JW3bbz likes this

Ive found the helicopter method profitable in the past. You just need to cherry pick out the people who wreck/Crash on the road. Don't go to cartels/Red-zones. if you fly over something and you see hostiles with a gun simply don't land. When i first started on asylum i came up to a wreck of 4 rebels fully geared and revived them and got 50k as a thank you. 

Can't afford a helicopter? Go to Athira, Smaller city less medic's and people still constantly die there. Just make sure the shooting stops and clean up afterwards, not that you even have to wait for the shooting to stop. Medics risk absolutely nothing if they are on foot, if you die as a medic it means nothing as you don't lose money for dieing.

Finally the most important note. Medic is not a slot that is intended to make money. It is intended as a slot to role-play a different role. Attempting to be a "Career Medic" will not net you any money but it wont really lose you any money either as again if your on foot you have zero risk.

That being said i do think medics need some help but plenty of suggestions have been suggested before.

Edited by patato12
Just now, patato12 said:

Ive found the helicopter method profitable. You just need to cherry pick out the people who wreck into the side of the road. Don't go to cartels/Red-zones. if you fly over something and you see hostiles with a gun simply don't land. When i first started on asylum i came up to a wreck of 4 rebels fully geared and revived them they gave me 50k as a thank you. 

Can't afford a helicopter? Go to Athira, Smaller city less medic's and people still constantly die there. Just make sure the shooting stops and clean up afterwards, not that you even have to wait for the shooting to stop. Medics risk absolutely nothing if they are on foot, if you die as a medic it means nothing you don't have a load-out.

Finally the most important note. Medic is not a slot that is intended to make money. It is intended as a slot to role-play a different role being a "Career Medic" will not net you any money but it wont really lose you any money either as again if your on foot you have zero risk.

That being said i do think medics need some help but plenty of suggestions have been suggested before.

The issue is medics dont get enough for revives. If they made it 2k, And still only took 800 from the revived player, medic would be a solid way of getting money early on. And I see no down side to the medic slots being filled.

36 minutes ago, tryhardsqueaker said:

The issue is medics dont get enough for revives. If they made it 2k, And still only took 800 from the revived player, medic would be a solid way of getting money early on. And I see no down side to the medic slots being filled.

this would work alright they probably won't do it though lol