Asylum Exchange Alternative

What about an app where you could put your name on a list of people looking to buy stuff and sellers can contact you. Like a dumbed down craigslist. A list of buyers or sellers. Maybe it has a few categorys, civ, rebel, illegal, houses. Then you submit/remove your name as a buyer or seller. Logging off removes your name. idk. 

It would be cool having a way to initiate player to player deals.  

15 hours ago, Kate said:

It would be too easy to screw each other over. The Asylum Exchange worked because it was escrow.

Thats the risk people would have to take. Also, I don't understand how it would be "too easy". It's up to the seller and buyer to set up parameters of the deal and bring backup/protection or whatever. As it is now, we have to interact with NPC's and their menus which involves ZERO ROLEPLAY. 

16 hours ago, Morgan Echo said:

you mean like the forums. like the one your on right now...

No, not like the forums. New people usually have no idea about the forums or the website. Personally I played for 2 or 3 months before getting on the forums and that was only because I got banned. 

10 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Just post what you're selling on the forums, they can contact you on here to set up the meet 

Opening up a browser and going to the forums kinda breaks immersion. I spawned at 1 of my houses and I was out of backpacks. Would've paid 1k each for someone to bring me 20 carryalls. Checked the forums. Nobody is advertising backpacks AND i would rather go buy them myself than spamming sidechat. 

Anyway, i thought it would be nice to have a tool IN GAME again. The approach I explained seems simple enough. Of course its probably more complicated than I realise but, they already have everything they need and it doesn't need to be persistent like everything else is. 

• 2 weeks later...