why do life

To be honest i like some of the futures of STRIFE but lack of players and some ingame bugs make it less enjoyable.Sure you can earn a bit more than life servers as you said but its atleast less than that off the earnings from Tanoa back in the day or Stratis.I hope more people play STRIFE just for fun because it has some potential in general. 

I dont want to knock strife but when you have a Life community you cant expect them to switch to a war zone.

Specially when you could just play a good wasteland server!

I think Strife will be around for a short time before they need to remove it due to inactivity!

Im rich so Strife does nothing for me!

1 minute ago, Manolo said:

I dont want to knock strife but when you have a Life community you cant expect them to switch to a war zone.

Specially when you could just play a good wasteland server!

I think Strife will be around for a short time before they need to remove it due to inactivity!

Im rich so Strife does nothing for me!

With our life community we've always had players that "strifed" for a wasteland kind of playstyle.

Paratus said that it's on purpose really unsimiliar to the life servers because some people simply prefer it and that way he can make more people happy.

Sadly that only thing we lack is development consistency, i've come to believe that simply with the developers we have right now it's impossible to have what we all wish for. It's more likely that the Asylum commmunity will die out than that one of the developers doing more or a new one being hired/accepted.

Our slight hope is to have Gnashes develop more content for us on the life servers, but i believe he's more of a bug fixer than making completely new things in code.

Do you guys think the smaller population is due to it being on Malden now?  I love Tanoa, but I get that not as many people actually have that DLC package (which is a limiting factor for potential players).  

I'm about to be much more active again, and bugs that are outstanding like the ones in Strife will get taken care of.  Also, new love will be coming to Altis pretty soon as well.  

Just now, bamf said:

Do you guys think the smaller population is due to it being on Malden now?  I love Tanoa, but I get that not as many people actually have that DLC package (which is a limiting factor for potential players).  

I'm about to be much more active again, and bugs that are outstanding like the ones in Strife will get taken care of.  Also, new love will be coming to Altis pretty soon as well.  

I can't see how it is Malden, seeing how it's a free map.  I think literally 90% of it has to do with rewards not being given and team balance

Treeontyn likes this
8 minutes ago, bamf said:

It's dead because nobody is being paid and there is no automatic team balance (Paratus says there is so I guess it's broken), Malden only made it better imo, it has a lot of good caps and is generally good for fighting, it has much better FPS than tanoa, no jets, no shitty jungle warfare

OPFOR rifleman needs a loadout change though, no crosshair and an AKM that you can't attach a scope to is the reason many of us only play blufor

@Sean That Irish Guy posted a good list of bugs somewhere

Edited by Jimbo
14 minutes ago, bamf said:

Hopefully you just revert the god damn Jail Bamfy Poo!!!

15 minutes ago, bamf said:

And Malden is AWESOME(free dlc so everyone can enjoy it)

42 minutes ago, bamf said:

I think the low population is due to payouts not being given out properly as well as a lot of bugs, plus some things need to be nerfed, such as mortars, and add spawn protection. 

1 hour ago, bamf said:

I think what this community really wants is good communication about development and bug fixes.

I'm simply talking about communication, as in letting us know that it's going to take an X amount but when it's a realistic time line then people have something to look forward to and not lose hope in the development of Asylum. For months now players have actively discussed on numerous topics about good idea's for the life servers and things that need fixing which can actually be fixed by development. 

In the past it had gotten so far that we actually had to lay everything out, make a blue print for Paratus to change things.

You and Gnashes are often limited to "what Paratus" wants while the community really asks for something else. I'm not talking about ridiculous requests but more sincere things that get discussed and voted on by a good part of our loyal members. I understand that not every player is on the forums and there is a need to think about the "little guy" too. But we have loyal members in gangs, APD, independant people who just stand out who simply would just want feedback or some kind of responds from the developers.

I believe that Paratus is simply too busy in his life to deal with arma servers, gnashes is more of a bug fixer and you could do development but also don't have enough time for this. Hiring someone isn't an option as the past has shown nor do we probably have the money for it so it leaves us with the situation we're in.

Which could be so much better with some transparency, maybe it's too much to ask or you guys have a good reason to not be transparant but please consider this.

I'm saying all this because i think it really influences the player count on the servers.

Spoiler

I heard the reward money hasn't worked for days, which bluntly is the biggest motivation for most people to play strife.

Treeontyn likes this
1 hour ago, bamf said:

Fix payouts + auto balance. Do something about mines so someone can't place fucking 30 mines on a point and increase respawn timers to around 15seconds instead of 6. Malden will be gucci then.

explicit and JIMBO like this
2 hours ago, bamf said:

I get that tanoa is apex only which is unfair to some but malden just isnt working right now. Pretty much a camp fest for mortars and tanks, at least with tanoa they had somewhat of a handicap with the forests yeno. I think it should be tanoa until everything is sorted and more balanced. Also see list of bugs below as jimbo stated.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

It's dead because nobody is being paid and there is no automatic team balance (Paratus says there is so I guess it's broken), Malden only made it better imo, it has a lot of good caps and is generally good for fighting, it has much better FPS than tanoa, no jets, no shitty jungle warfare

OPFOR rifleman needs a loadout change though, no crosshair and an AKM that you can't attach a scope to is the reason many of us only play blufor

@Sean That Irish Guy posted a good list of bugs somewhere

• Op-for spawn on the pad in the water doesnt work for re-arming or spawning
  • Blu-for base doesnt have a runway for drones/too compact for helis.
  • AA is too overpowered for what aircrafts are on the map to combat them including armoured vehicles.
  • Payouts do not work for everyone.
  • Theres a way to get free loadouts. (not gonna tell here)
  • The op-for spawn in the water gets camped by enemy armour/mortars.
  • Blu-for main base can be camped by mortars/armour vehicles.
  • Team balance doesnt work at all.
  • When one side wins a war it doesnt always let you switch sides. (only seen this happen 2-3 times but annoying all the same)

Thats just a few to feed your curiosity

@Paratus.