APD Sirens

So for at least the past 3 weeks when we get chased by the APD they don't use their sirens and there are no visible lights even at night.

Only 2 things can be happening they either not putting on the sirens or siren's are bugged which I personally never heard of.

A few times now we have been engaged by the APD with out any type of initiation and when we report them for RDM we are

told sirens are bugged. Can some one give us more context on this issue, Thanks!

Edited by Manolo

Police sirens are, in fact, bugged. They are not as loud as they should be. This is due to some BI update or bugged script.

The police lights do work, though. The sirens are just way too quiet, and this is the only issue.

I think @Gnashes is aware of this.

It's quite annoying when trying to turn on sirens as an officer and then being told that they didn't hear the sirens.

Let's hope a fix comes soon.

Edited by Joe (StealthProxy)
HutchTheclutch likes this
Just now, Joe (StealthProxy) said:

Police sirens are, in fact, bugged. They are not as loud as they should be. This is due to some BI update or bugged script.

I think @Gnashes is aware of this.

It's quite annoying when trying to turn on sirens as an officer and then being told that they didn't hear the sirens.

Let's hope a fix comes soon.

Have you guys ever heard of texting?

Manolo likes this
27 minutes ago, Joe (StealthProxy) said:

Do you even hear the sirens at all, or are they just really quiet? As a cop I can hear them, but they are just really quiet and sound like they are a kilometer behind my vehicle.

Just wondering what it's like from a civilian's point of view.

They are right behind us and no sound no lights! No way to know if they engaged us !

I few weeks back I could hear them fine and some times recently they do work thats why its so strange!

2 hours ago, J. Urbanowski said:

The sirens are bugged. I have tested them and they only seem to work within 50m or so and are very quiet.

not even 50m I have cops 10m behind me with no sirens or lights.

If cops know its bugged why are mods using that as an excuse?

Logical thing to do would be to Ban them if reported so they can use the Text messaging system until its fixed not the other way around...lol

so i take it if cops have no action taken because sirens are bugged when they down civs, there should be no action taken if a civ decides to jump out and blast a cop that has been following them for a bit especially if they are wanted. seems only fair to me, cop could have his sirens on not my fault if i cant hear it, it should go both ways, why can they down people when they know its bugged but not be killed also?

Manolo likes this
2 hours ago, boomheadshot69 said:

so i take it if cops have no action taken because sirens are bugged when they down civs, there should be no action taken if a civ decides to jump out and blast a cop that has been following them for a bit especially if they are wanted. seems only fair to me, cop could have his sirens on not my fault if i cant hear it, it should go both ways, why can they down people when they know its bugged but not be killed also?

Cause double standard that's why! No mods, admins, community managers are even posting on here...lol

they just want to keep that no action taken in their back pocket! 

11 minutes ago, TickleMyElmo said:

lol even before sirens where bugged .. civs would say    "oh i ran/drove away in a pattern similar to a person evading because i didnt hear the siren" ... thats why admins dont care 

thats some one saying they didnt hear it I provided video Proof...!!

7 hours ago, Manolo said:

thats some one saying they didnt hear it I provided video Proof...!!

its not really proof is what u dont understand ... audio sound is not proof on the basis that some people have their volume low .. hell i play with the "earplugs" on most of the time which is 20% volume ..and again since sirens are bugged while it sucks for civs its not the cops fault and lets be honest texting a criminal may work for you as a fix but not for most cops who are typically driving and if they stop to local your name in the phone then type it up and send it , your likely to just run or drive away claiming u didnt get the text in time to properly stop and cooperate 

i do feel your pain but u cant go around reporting cops doing proper RP just cuz there is a bug

Edited by TickleMyElmo
4 minutes ago, TickleMyElmo said:

its not really proof is what u dont understand ... audio sound is not proof on the basis that some people have their volume low .. hell i play with the "earplugs" on most of the time which is 20% volume ..and again since sirens are bugged while it sucks for civs its not the cops fault and lets be honest texting a criminal may work for you as a fix but not for most cops who are typically driving and if they stop to local your name in the phone then type it up and send it , your likely to just run or drive away claiming u didnt get the text in time to properly stop and cooperate 

i do feel your pain but u cant go around reporting cops doing proper RP just cuz there is a bug

I disagree video proof is submitted and no action taken because sirens are bugged. There was no mention of the volume being low, I mean you can hear the cop's car engine.

This is why you should ban APD officers who are abusing the current bug.

Asylum RDM rule;

"Intentions must be clearly stated to the intended target, and they MUST be given reasonable time to react. Text messages through phone to the player is a allowed method of starting RP."

Its like if the CIV Texting was bugged, would we civs/rebels still be allowed to ban evade because texting was bugged? Fuck NO

They would ban us to force us to come to Team Speak and then tell us we need to use a different method of initiation.

3 hours ago, boomheadshot69 said:

That's why I lead cops to red zones. Soon as we hit that 300m it's night night for the cops. 

We usually Hunt the cops this is more for some of our new members who are getting RDM by the APD like crazy and they are quitting the game left and right!

cops that abuse should be banned, i mean its right there in the server rules

Exploiting

Knowingly using a bug or glitch to your advantage or another's detriment is not allowed.

if cops KNOW that it is a bug and use that excuse to just randomly shoot someone, seems pretty cut and dry to me. they know we cant hear the sirens, they need to take that extra step to make sure we know we are engaged in rp and they are allowed to shoot at civs. would be expected of civs, so should be cops too

Manolo likes this