Big Changes to The Asylum Community

Just now, Paratus said:

There are a few things to mention, but I'll get right to the biggest change: @bamf is, as of tonight, a co-owner of the community with me. Bamf will have the same authority and access as I do and we'll make decisions together going forward. So, congrats to Bamf on the ultimate promotion!

There are a few reasons for this change, and one of those is that we'd like to expand the team with code contributors from the community so that we can push out more features at a faster pace. Bamf's help in management will make that possible.

There are also going to be some significant structure changes to other parts of our team as well as policies for bans and how they're managed. You're going to get more information on that really soon, but our goal is to make things easier on the people who receive bans so long as they're not for serious causes.

So, congrats to Bamf! There are a lot of great changes coming. MAGA!

So does this mean that there will be more altis life content because it can go through bamf instead of you now?

Pwnsome and Brendon Smith like this

@bamf

giphy.gif

Oh my god i'm so happy with this change!

@Paratus all the love for you for the development you've done for such a long time but it was a big problem that all the new content was on a bottleneck because it needed your supervision. With this change i can see so much good coming to Asylum, we have some very talented people who would love to invest their time to contribute.

FUCKING YAYYAAAA <3

BlackShot, Ghouh, badger and 1 other like this
Just now, Midamaru said:

No i'm talking about all those 12 y olds who "say" they know whats wrong with the mission file that causes memory leaks and battle eye kicks. Let the shenanigans do their magic!

Speaking of BE kicks, there is a thread in the BIS bug section of Arma 3 related to that in particular.  BIS says they are looking into the issue now.  I'll go dig that thread up and post the link to the BIS bug thread.  

.Sean and BlackShot like this

Please start unbanning people bamf

Nickis for example 

He will bring back evil corp and that will be one more gang to fight 

Valkyrie will bring back bratva and that will be another gang to fight

Nickis won the R6 invitational, has a sub button on twitch.... If that doesn't convince you to unban him I don't know what will. It will be good publicity for asylum as well considering he has hundreds of viewers and is looked as a god on siege

TRYHARD likes this
Just now, bamf said:

Speaking of BE kicks, there is a thread in the BIS bug section of Arma 3 related to that in particular.  BIS says they are looking into the issue now.  I'll go dig that thread up and post the link to the BIS bug thread.  

About fucking time haha, i feel sorry for how long our developers have been blamed for this issue.

Just now, massi said:

Please start unbanning people bamf

Nickis for example 

He will bring back evil corp and that will be one more gang to fight 

Valkyrie will bring back bratva and that will be another gang to fight

Nickis won the R6 invitational, has a sub button on twitch.... If that doesn't convince you to unban him I don't know what will. It will be good publicity for asylum as well considering he has hundreds of viewers and is looked as a god on siege

Excuse me they said that they'll help innocent people with petty bans, not filthy cheaters that are banished into the nether realm to never come back again.

29 minutes ago, Paratus said:

but our goal is to make things easier on the people who receive bans so long as they're not for serious causes.

JIMBO likes this
Just now, Midamaru said:

Excuse me they said that they'll help innocent people with petty bans, not filthy cheaters that are banished into the nether realm to never come back again.

If Valkyrie lagswitched why would did he keep lagging out while he was flying in an orca? Countless orcas crashed because of his lag. Why would he do that? 

Just now, Legendary Cifunds said:

Asylum didn't see the potential of Serpico. He now joined Zeus in Olympus as a developer

You have to take into account that a lof ot these devs who wanted to help out all wanted a lot of power and wanted too many changes too fast basically. It just wasn't right for him at the time you know. Paratus was just not giving it to anyone look how long it took Gnashes to even get ability to restart the server etc.

MR. COW and Mayhem like this
Just now, massi said:

If Valkyrie lagswitched why would did he keep lagging out while he was flying in an orca? Countless orcas crashed because of his lag. Why would he do that? 

Look i dunno Vakyrie nor have i seen any evidence of him, but things get reviewed propperly before perming someone.

If an admin impulsively bans someone without evidence you'll see it restored real quick.

Just now, Midamaru said:

Look i dunno Vakyrie nor have i seen any evidence of him, but things get reviewed propperly before perming someone.

If an admin impulsively bans someone without evidence you'll see it restored real quick.

Nickis got banned for cheating and last September I believe, he won the professional r6 invitational. Admins are people too and they do make mistakes.