Big Changes to The Asylum Community

1 minute ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Yes let's unban hackers, DPI glitchers, lag switchers and people using AHK for no recoil.  A great idea.  Those people would be 100% trustworthy not to do stupid shit like that again.  Getting permabanned on a server that's already pretty lenient on bans means you really care about the rules. 

Hmm they banned some people with basically 0 proof, how can you know that for sure if they are using ahk or whatever

Thor..., Ghouh, NotZurph and 4 others like this

Congratulations @bamf !  I couldn't think of anyone better to be a Senior partner/Co-Owner for Asylum community. 

I know we all cant wait for all of the exciting Improvements heading our way!! 

:100:

My only concern is................ that means BABS got a promotion too.........and we know how power goes to her head........    BABS , shes one salty B***     :D

Edited by Spek
Roice and bamf like this
1 hour ago, Feenix said:

its about the bans not the development imo lmfao 

free sean fitty bread 

>community crys about content and lack of.

>@Paratus makes an announcement saying hes promoting new coders for content.

>Community crys about bans that are years old and those people have been playing under other accounts for years anyway.

Boomerman, Atra, Space and 5 others like this
8 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Because some people are stupid enough to actually put them using pulldowns in their montages

Do you understand what they do?
I'll explain it to you. A pull down simply pulls your mouse down at X rate when you shoot. Needless to say you can pull your mouse down just as fast if you play on a high enough sensitivity, or if you have enough space on your mouse pad/table/whatever. Are there people who use pull downs and should they be banned? No shit. But proving it beyond a reasonable doubt is difficult, and imagine if you were one of those people who did get banned for it and were not using them or cheating in any other way, wouldn't that suck? 

I'll make a comparison here, obviously they are two completely different games but keep in mind they fall under the same concept of recoil. Virtually any top player in CSGO has his spray down so well that it would give the illusion of him having virtually no recoil. Again, I realize that CSGO is different in that the pattern for recoil will be the same every time though at the same time the recoil in arma is generally pretty consistent. That being said if you practiced controlling your 3rd person, top sight, and bottom sight spraying on Arma you could produce similar effects to that of someone practicing a CSGO spray. 

Something else to bare in mind is that when you rest your gun on something WITH OUT bipoding(the indicator is shown in the top right of your screen) it you gain the ability to control recoil much more easily than you would be able to just free-standing. The surface can be pretty much anything. Bipoding does make it even easier to control recoil though. 

I know you have been here for a while dude, but some things just take practice.

FudgeR likes this
2 minutes ago, Steve said:

I'll explain it to you. A pull down simply pulls your mouse down at X rate when you shoot. Needless to say you can pull your mouse down just as fast if you play on a high enough sensitivity, or if you have enough space on your mouse pad/table/whatever. Are there people who use pull downs and should they be banned? No shit. But proving it beyond a reasonable doubt is difficult, and imagine if you were one of those people who did get banned for it and were not using them or cheating in any other way, wouldn't that suck? 

I'll make a comparison here, obviously they are two completely different games but keep in mind they fall under the same concept of recoil. Virtually any top player in CSGO has his spray down so well that it would give the illusion of him having virtually no recoil. Again, I realize that CSGO is different in that the pattern for recoil will be the same every time though at the same time the recoil in arma is generally pretty consistent. That being said if you practiced controlling your 3rd person, top sight, and bottom sight spraying on Arma you could produce similar effects to that of someone practicing a CSGO spray. 

Something else to bare in mind is that when you rest your gun on something WITH OUT bipoding(the indicator is shown in the top right of your screen) it you gain the ability to control recoil much more easily than you would be able to just free-standing. The surface can be pretty much anything. Bipoding does make it even easier to control recoil though. 

^ and some retards dont understand that when your rested and your decent at the game you pretty much have 0 recoil.

Just now, Fudger said:

^ and some retards dont understand that when your rested and your decent at the game you pretty much have 0 recoil.

The thing to me is that 90 percent of the "cartel fighting" part of the community is using a mk1 or a mk18 for the majority of their fighting experience. If you use 1 or 2 guns for the vast majority of your time on a game and you can't control recoil or shoot with it for that matter you are doing something wrong. Most people use the mk1 anyways which has it's benefits and disadvantages over the mk18 but, the mk1 does have less recoil and higher penetration making it easier to shoot people out of ifrits, hunters, and striders. 

I realize this isn't really the topic for this, but I felt the dire need to state my opinion on all of this. Not trying to flame or harass anyone at all, just simply giving my 2 cents.

Edited by Steve
FudgeR likes this
4 hours ago, Steve said:

The thing to me is that 90 percent of the "cartel fighting" part of the community is using a mk1 or a mk18 for the majority of their fighting experience. If you use 1 or 2 guns for the vast majority of your time on a game and you can't control recoil or shoot with it for that matter you are doing something wrong. Most people use the mk1 anyways which has it's benefits and disadvantages over the mk18 but, the mk1 does have less recoil and higher penetration making it easier to shoot people out of ifrits, hunters, and striders. 

I realize this isn't really the topic for this, but I felt the dire need to state my opinion on all of this. Not trying to flame or harass anyone at all, just simply giving my 2 cents.

And a lot of people do know how to manage their recoil, but there is proof of certain people using pull down scripts to manage their recoil for them. Not saying that everyone that is good uses them, just saying that people do use them.

5 hours ago, Steve said:

Congrats on your basic knowledge of how Arma 3 works. You just recently hit over 400 hours in the game or something?

3 hours ago, Nic Rage said:

And a lot of people do know how to manage their recoil, but there is proof of certain people using pull down scripts to manage their recoil for them. Not saying that everyone that is good uses them, just saying that people do use them.

I would like to know what that proof is if you have any pm me only because we are gonna get warning points if we keep derailing this.

On 6/30/2017 at 1:16 PM, massi said:

bamf literally created the new prison there is no way he will bring it back

Totally, 100% understand the pride and love that goes into something you create. But I also think a sign of a great leader is being humble.

He knows and we all know that the old prison is one of the most debated topics of 2017 and people do want the old prison back.

There is no reason why we cant have 2 prisons. The current, as once mentioned, could be a max for higher bounties.

@bamf 2017! Time for change! Let the peoples voices be heard!

Edited by Canna
Farmer Steve, Atra, Steve and 3 others like this
13 minutes ago, Canna said:

Totally, 100@ understand the pride and love that goes into something you create. But I also think a sign of a great leader is being humble.

He knows and we all know that the old prison is one of the most debated topics of 2017 and people do want the old prison back.

There is no reason why we cant have 2 prisons. The current, as once mentioned, could be a max for higher bounties.

@bamf 2017! Time for change! Let the peoples voices be heard!

Perhaps we'll make a donation goal to move it back to the island?  

My main concern with the Pyrgos island prison are as follows:

1. One point of ingress.  I have a "solution" for this, albeit not terribly elegant.  Gnashes and I are going to work on a way to implement the solution though, and perhaps it won't look bad.  If I can get past this point, then I'll move on to problem 2.
  2. The terrain on that island makes building a good looking prison kind of difficult.  You have to put things on raised up platforms which does affect FPS a touch.  It's also a lot more work to do, but I'm not opposed to more work as long as the end result doesn't look dumb.  

I hear everyone saying they like the Pyrgos location better, but remember the mechanic is very likely to stay the same.  Click and release isn't something that is very interesting to me.  

Sandwich, JIMBO, Feenix and 8 others like this
Just now, bamf said:

Perhaps we'll make a donation goal to move it back to the island?  

My main concern with the Pyrgos island prison are as follows:

1. One point of ingress.  I have a "solution" for this, albeit not terribly elegant.  Gnashes and I are going to work on a way to implement the solution though, and perhaps it won't look bad.  If I can get past this point, then I'll move on to problem 2.
  2. The terrain on that island makes building a good looking prison kind of difficult.  You have to put things on raised up platforms which does affect FPS a touch.  It's also a lot more work to do, but I'm not opposed to more work as long as the end result doesn't look dumb.  

I hear everyone saying they like the Pyrgos location better, but remember the mechanic is very likely to stay the same.  Click and release isn't something that is very interesting to me.  

What about making the prison a dome? No fps touch and simple

2 minutes ago, Fudger said:

What about making the prison a dome? No fps touch and simple

The dome is just too simple though honestly.  The prison structure as currently built looks and feels like a prison - that's what I want it to continue to look like.  The old Pyrgos prison (no offense @Motown) was just a big pen to stick people into.  I think we can have something that is interesting both from a looks and mechanics perspective, but the topogrophy of that particular island makes it tougher than it needs to be.  

Vhantom, FudgeR and Sandwich like this
Just now, bamf said:

The dome is just too simple though honestly.  The prison structure as currently built looks and feels like a prison - that's what I want it to continue to look like.  The old Pyrgos prison (no offense @Motown) was just a big pen to stick people into.  I think we can have something that is interesting both from a looks and mechanics perspective, but the topogrophy of that particular island makes it tougher than it needs to be.  

havent done the prison for over a year now and havent seen anyone relevant do it either. maybe it shows something needs to change? Simple and Fun are key words

Edited by MrSmoke
12 minutes ago, bamf said:

I've built and rebuilt the prison on that island tons of times since we moved it.  I just haven't found anything that looks good yet.  

I'll could try to build something and send it your way. Main concern is balance.

Edited by Pwnsome
massi likes this
Just now, bamf said:

Yep, balance is a big issue for sure... ;)

It's not as much the prison itself as it is finding a suitable location that has land features which both side could take advantage of. Current prison is just in a very bad location, its, for the most part, completely flat.

Edited by Pwnsome
Just now, bamf said:

Yep, balance is a big issue for sure... ;)

Excuse my editing i could not be bother making an entire prison but basic concept. 3 buildings, 3 entrances, 2 sanbags, no towers and swat spawns on island or boats etc. And make it the same as the prison now so anyone who starts it in your group is confined to the prison parameters and cant camp spawns for swat. Obviously add cosmetic features too so it doesnt look shit but you get the idea.

3eb09110837ef33582656143cc3ca0ce.jpg.

AceDread likes this