Big Changes to The Asylum Community

Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Psst Splunk for the APD. This time add a donation bar on the website and on the MyAsylum page so people are reminded of meeting the goal. Come on Mr. Co-owner show us the love. 

I doubt putting a donation bar to see the goal is going to entice anyone to donate for Splunk.

On 6/30/2017 at 8:33 AM, Paratus said:

There are a few things to mention, but I'll get right to the biggest change: @bamf is, as of tonight, a co-owner of the community with me. Bamf will have the same authority and access as I do and we'll make decisions together going forward. So, congrats to Bamf on the ultimate promotion!

There are a few reasons for this change, and one of those is that we'd like to expand the team with code contributors from the community so that we can push out more features at a faster pace. Bamf's help in management will make that possible.

There are also going to be some significant structure changes to other parts of our team as well as policies for bans and how they're managed. You're going to get more information on that really soon, but our goal is to make things easier on the people who receive bans so long as they're not for serious causes.

So, congrats to Bamf! There are a lot of great changes coming. MAGA!

So youre unbanning Mr. 9mm is what youre saying?

Just now, AceDread said:

So youre unbanning Mr. 9mm is what youre saying?

They have already answered this question, and no they aren't going to just unban someone because they can. This thread is already full of "WILL YOU UNBAN X". It's starting to annoy.

15 hours ago, bamf said:

Perhaps we'll make a donation goal to move it back to the island?  

My main concern with the Pyrgos island prison are as follows:

1. One point of ingress.  I have a "solution" for this, albeit not terribly elegant.  Gnashes and I are going to work on a way to implement the solution though, and perhaps it won't look bad.  If I can get past this point, then I'll move on to problem 2.
  2. The terrain on that island makes building a good looking prison kind of difficult.  You have to put things on raised up platforms which does affect FPS a touch.  It's also a lot more work to do, but I'm not opposed to more work as long as the end result doesn't look dumb.  

I hear everyone saying they like the Pyrgos location better, but remember the mechanic is very likely to stay the same.  Click and release isn't something that is very interesting to me.  

I agree a good old Martha Stewart Prison Makeover should/would be amazing at pygos however how it stood at the time it was a pretty even sided. Yes the bridge gap was the chock point but thats what made it fun and excited for cops to YOLO through the killzone and slowly progress to the front to bang/smoke/attack or whatever the strat is. Its def never been a 100% success for any gang.

KISS - Keep it stupid simple - Is sometimes the best way to do things.

Again it can just be the "Reg" Jail. No offense to any design idea but when you stuck in that bitch for 45min....looks are the last thing you worry about. Of course everyone goe's "hahahahah what does the new prison look like buddy?" to there friend who just got popped or picked up by the bounty hunter but thats so short lived.

What people want is function and fun and the old pyrgos attack and defense setup weither pretty or not was very enjoyable and EVERYONE flipped a nut and still to this day miss it for what it was.

Last thing...Think of it like a classic car - Sure the 69' Stingray could use a makeover but somethings are just better left the way there were just tuned up a bit.

15 hours ago, Jimbo said:

atleast you're actually considering it now, progress boys

12 hours ago, Tom said:

Prison shouldn't be anywhere but the Pyrgos island. end of 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2017 at 5:09 PM, massi said:

Please start unbanning people bamf

Nickis for example 

He will bring back evil corp and that will be one more gang to fight 

Valkyrie will bring back bratva and that will be another gang to fight

Nickis won the R6 invitational, has a sub button on twitch.... If that doesn't convince you to unban him I don't know what will. It will be good publicity for asylum as well considering he has hundreds of viewers and is looked as a god on siege

Nickis was as blatant as it comes, Valk, Idk I dont really care whether he gets unbanned or not. The bigger question is, why am I still banned... :thinking: