How do you guys "make it"?

I've been trying to play for 4 days now.  I've had 2 helicopters disappear when I get battle eye disconnected mid flight, a hemmt box suicide bomb RDM'ed and I get RDM'ed 3 times per day, and that's not counting the literally one dozen+ times someone runs up to me and says "hands up or die" and shoots me in the back of the head.  I have $300.00 in my bank and as cool as this mode seems and as much as I'd like to be a part of it I just can't figure out any way get on my feet.  The only thing I can see is to become one of these semi-RDMers as I call them and "hands up or die, bang" honest players and bounties.  I'm not willing to be that guy...

Eric916 likes this

Apply for a gang, try to get a group of people together to do some stuff like bounty hunt or excavation runs or whatever
There's alot of ways to make more money and find a way to enjoy the game but if you're solo it's pretty hard soooo look at what you really like doing on asylum, and find a group of people that actually like the same thing make some friends and have fun together 

Might not be much help to you but these are the things which got me to Tycoon.

• Excavation: Excavation isn't the most profitable thing on Altis obviously, but it's a good building block for getting some money in your bank to start venturing off into more rick v. reward things. I'd recommend looking around the map for excavation spots with the small black dots. There's a few that, while it may take a bit longer to drive there, are near 100% safe to take all the time you want to at. I wouldn't recommend the bay south of Kavala or West of Sofia, as people often keep an eye on those if they're in the area to rob. There's a good spot between Kavala and Donor Rebel which I use, it conceals your truck well and I've never seen anyone there. In addition there's a spot on the Northwest area of Altis, just north of Castle which is a good spot if you don't mind the drive. Then when selling, I'd recommend storing in bins in your house and doing it in bulk after a few trips. Don't be in Scuba gear and a box truck either, it's a dead giveaway you're toting if you're driving around like that in a city.
  • Scotch/Coke/Meth: After you get a decent chunk of change stored away in the bank from excavating, I would venture off into one of these three, personally Scotch is my favorite because of it's relative safety since less people do it and it's out of the way (less APD). Use some of that money you got to invest in some real estate so you can do these things faster. Keep buying real estate and honing your routine and you'll be making bank in no time. All of my houses are designed for Scotch and with little to no effort (one run of 1000 Scotch a week), one Abdera house for bulk storage, two sheds for storage and discreet vehicle pulling, three houses for aging barrels.
  • Stay out of Kavala (even Athira sometimes): Nothing good comes out of these areas, go in to do your business but keep your stay limited.

Lastly, I don't want to put this in bold because I don't recommend it solely for the money, but if you meet the requirements and put the time into learning the guidebook, joining the APD can be a steady form of income as well as a great RP experience. Doing it solely for the money is only gonna disappoint you, but if you haven't considered it, it'd be wise to.

seadog and Aether like this

Sofia and Pyrgos are better towns and usually more calm. Start small and don't spend a bunch of cash on big trucks and guns. This attracts attention. And always deposits your cash on hand and just start earning via the smaller jobs. Once you get into illegal stuff, you spend more on guns and equipment. And hanging with like minded friends is always a plus. 

And record if possible. It can help when reporting a player or requesting comp.

Aether and BishopActual like this

You sound like me when i first started, that's why i joined the APD. The police force has what you're looking for and is a great opportunity to meet people and even possibly join a group on civ through your APD membership. I highly recommend signing up! 

Having people with you is honestly crucial when you do things in Kavala like excavating or diamonds. But your goal should always be to stay out of Kavala. 

Try excavating in places like Sofia. Once you make enough money from that definitely buy a house near or around meth and start doing that. Don't even consider robbing people, buying a rebel license, or bounty hunting until you get about 200k, and even then keep making money.

I literally make money by doing small meth runs, emptying or camping cartels.

You don't have to earn alot to become financially stable, you need to stop losing so much.

If you dedicate a day on the weekend to making money you can easily make a mil and use that for a week or more, depending on how you spend it and how often you play.

Money has never been a problem for me, i've given away more millions than i've used myself xD

I explained how i did it here: 

I'm in the same boat with this. Just last night me and a few friends were gearing up to go excavate shipwrecks, and someone randomly came along and decided to end my friend's life, and then we got ambushed by rebels on our way to the shipwreck. This seems to happen every time, and it's confusing me how people can manage to reliably earn money without, say, being ambushed by rebels or pulled over by cops.

Eric916 likes this
20 hours ago, AbsentAscension said:

I'm in the same boat with this. Just last night me and a few friends were gearing up to go excavate shipwrecks, and someone randomly came along and decided to end my friend's life, and then we got ambushed by rebels on our way to the shipwreck. This seems to happen every time, and it's confusing me how people can manage to reliably earn money without, say, being ambushed by rebels or pulled over by cops.

use a sub and dont take 30 mins to gear up and get in the water...

There are many things you can do to make money but a few stand out in the crowd. Every big gang on atleast s4 make their money from cartels, meth or scotch, some do coke but it isn't as effective. I say the most important thing is to get a house for making scotch or meth. Good scotch houses would be in athira, gravia, dp5, 3 etc. I find dp10 to be a place where you're far more likely to find a scotch house that still pays well and is time effective. As for meth you would want a dp21, 14 or 15 house but if you cant find any go for a rodo, dp22 or dp19 house. If i fill up a 3 crate house with meth ingredients i would make 750k with drug cartel or 620K w/e it. I know houses can seem expensive as someone new to the server but they really are worth while in the long run. You can find guides for making scotch/meth on the forums but it's very simple. if you don't want to make an initial investment i'd say go for drug runner if you know how to fly planes well. You will make about 100K an hour with minimal risk but high reward. The most important thing is to stay out of kavala and athira and stay low with no bounty. See, some people don't know this but if you have a bounty whilst you're proccesing drugs you will ping and cops will come get you. If anything you should go on att odd times if possible where there may only be 10-25 people online and the risk of being caught is significantly lowered. Best of luck and i hope you stick around, simply save up for a meth house as it gives the most return short term if you know what you're doing or have friends who do. 

On 7/6/2017 at 9:07 AM, AbsentAscension said:

On 7/4/2017 at 4:10 PM, BenCantShoot said:

I've been trying to play for 4 days now.  I've had 2 helicopters disappear when I get battle eye disconnected mid flight, a hemmt box suicide bomb RDM'ed and I get RDM'ed 3 times per day, and that's not counting the literally one dozen+ times someone runs up to me and says "hands up or die" and shoots me in the back of the head.  I have $300.00 in my bank and as cool as this mode seems and as much as I'd like to be a part of it I just can't figure out any way get on my feet.  The only thing I can see is to become one of these semi-RDMers as I call them and "hands up or die, bang" honest players and bounties.  I'm not willing to be that guy...

it's always tough when you start out.. keep asking for help you might find someone nice usually cops are cool

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2017 at 4:10 PM, BenCantShoot said:

Medicing can be fun. You don't make much money per action, but you make good money over time. Also, cars are cheaper and people tend to not shoot medic (as much). Also, report RDMers.