Bring Back Night, Remove NVGs.

Night being gone is not exactly to miss. This is mostly due to the fact that it doesn't provide for the game in any significant way. Gameplay still functions like day, just with a green coat over everything. NVGs are dirt cheap and easy to acquire as anything else, and it just feels like a hassle wearing them everywhere.

I think we should bring back night, but put an emphasis on florescence. It would really feel like a unique experience relying on a weapon flashlight to engage in combat in the dark, and dramatically changes the way you fight. Of course shooting it out isn't the only change. Heli-spotting would be critically dampened. If you wanted to be able to spot at all, it is likely you would need to get up-close and use the spotlight to it's full advantage. Evading arrest would become more interesting as you could try to lose line of sight and abandon yourself into the darkness in an attempt to lose the cops, or anyone else for that matter.

This sort of gameplay is something I have never seen in any other Arma server and would make a very unique impression on asylum. Not to mention the part where in a more logical scenario, the general population doesn't just have NVGs like it's an everyday cup of coffee.

Dr_Dingleberry and BSuzinator like this

I think he is suggesting removing NVGs in order to create more dynamic night game-play. With the elimination of NVGs, people would have to use flashlights which will create more opportunities for role-play, interesting combat scenarios, and just a more diversified and entertaining gaming experience. Like he said, night time with NVGs is the same as daytime, but with a green tint. 

Ghost0fDawn and BSuzinator like this
4 minutes ago, Dr_Dingleberry said:

I think he is suggesting removing NVGs in order to create more dynamic night game-play. With the elimination of NVGs, people would have to use flashlights which will create more opportunities for role-play, interesting combat scenarios, and just a more diversified and entertaining gaming experience. Like he said, night time with NVGs is the same as daytime, but with a green tint. 

"interesting combat scenarios" .

when everything is black as fuck and you cant see shit ?
give me a fucking break .. whoever made this thread -you are a career cop ,go back to suck some higher ups dicks ,you will be more useful ..

Have you played in a night scenario without NVGs? Without using them you have to use flashlights, relying on the light from other's flashlights and their muzzle flashes in order to determine where they are located... So yes, it will create interesting combat scenarios. Take a chill pill ofekl and stop attacking the suggestor, and instead attack the suggested change.

RomanRunsCA, Lynix and Ghost0fDawn like this

I think this would be a great aspect to the game and  it would change a lot of things at night time and how it traditionally works in asylum. Unfortunately I don't think it would be implemented due to so many people disagreeing and being salty like "ofekl". I wish they would make a hardcore server with 1st person only, advanced flight model, and other things like this to make playing on asylum much more difficult.

Dr_Dingleberry likes this

It's hard to put of all this chatter together because you're all so fluffy creatures.. get a job and then tawlk wussup 

Night time is dope don't get me wrong yo but srsly when is the time of the week for the stealthty snakes to come out of their tunnels? 

Ainnobudy wanna fite me in the deh cuz shtll get cray and they'll start locking their doors because they dunno where creature roams

Stealing your crates and fighting fat pigs

Can't see him cuz his ghili spot is sicker than pig shit

use that soil for protein for my plants

they will give you a wisdom from a gatz

The Nox be chillin watchin you all destroy eachothers shit

laughing out loud we are the clouds bow down to tha clown or youll forever frown

bahchickuhwowwow

Got Flashing lights you will be the first to die. Unless a toy you won't see me as easily in the green light

cuz ill look like a fucking rock plant and when you drive by ill snipe yo burger king ass

turn your blood into my red wine and then ill fine dine all over your body & kill anyone that isn't with me

call him the blud hound cuz a piece of poo like you with potato computer and garbo connection your brain waves won't be able to handle this sunspace atmospheric pressure will knock you down into the assoholic lightning storm where you'll never be re born pop lock and drop it

knock you down with a bolt to the ground you'll start to pray to the god you never thought existed but you are out of options and nowhere else to go other then the #neverexistingworld

Those phat toones walkin around like looney toons kavala is a kill zone for all of you drunk sq rats than rook eachudders phat ass till they flop on the ground like a rabbit that just got shot with a BB -gun I swear sir the fire man comin

Edited by Deathslug
Freshlynsane likes this
1 minute ago, Deathslug said:

It's hard to put of all this chatter together because you're all so fluffy creatures.. get a job and then tawlk wussup 

Night time is dope don't get me wrong yo but srsly when is the time of the week for the stealthty snakes to come out of their tunnels? 

Ainnobudy wanna fite me in the deh cuz shtll get cray and they'll start locking their doors because they dunno where creature roams

Stealing your crates and fighting fat pigs

Can't see him cuz his ghili spot is sicker than pig shit

use that soil for protein for my plants

they will give you a wisdom from a gatz

The Nox be chillin watchin you all destroy eachothers shit

laughing out loud we are the clouds bow down to tha clown or youll forever frown

bahchickuhwowwow

Got Flashing lights you will be the first to die. Unless a toy you won't see me as easily in the green light

cuz ill look like a fucking rock plant and when you drive by ill snipe yo burger king ass

turn your blood into my red wine and then ill fine dine all over your body & kill anyone that isn't with me

call him the blud hound cuz a piece of poo like you with potato computer and garbo connection your brain waves won't be able to handle me

knock you down with a bolt to the ground you'll start to pray to the god you never thought existed but you are out of options and nowhere else to go other then the #neverexistingworld

Those phat toones walkin around like looney toons kavala is a kill zone for all of you drunk sq rats than rook eachudder till they flop on the ground like a rabbit that just got shot with a BB -gun I swear sir the fire man comin

i216qUk.jpg

RomanRunsCA and Deathslug like this

I wish night would come back as well it just looks everything looks cool at night. Police lights, Instrument lights in helicopters etc.. I think its a big aspect of the server. People have a better chance of getting away. Since the current time right now is on x3 I don't think night would not last for a while maybe 30 minutes or so. I say bring it back to be honest it feels kinda weird not having night. Especially since the server had night enabled for close to two years.  Just my .02

Edited by SV Paul
15 hours ago, Ghost0fDawn said:

Night being gone is not exactly to miss. This is mostly due to the fact that it doesn't provide for the game in any significant way. Gameplay still functions like day, just with a green coat over everything. NVGs are dirt cheap and easy to acquire as anything else, and it just feels like a hassle wearing them everywhere.

I think we should bring back night, but put an emphasis on florescence. It would really feel like a unique experience relying on a weapon flashlight to engage in combat in the dark, and dramatically changes the way you fight. Of course shooting it out isn't the only change. Heli-spotting would be critically dampened. If you wanted to be able to spot at all, it is likely you would need to get up-close and use the spotlight to it's full advantage. Evading arrest would become more interesting as you could try to lose line of sight and abandon yourself into the darkness in an attempt to lose the cops, or anyone else for that matter.

This sort of gameplay is something I have never seen in any other Arma server and would make a very unique impression on asylum. Not to mention the part where in a more logical scenario, the general population doesn't just have NVGs like it's an everyday cup of coffee.

Sorry, but more than likely No. This will never happen.

21 hours ago, SV Paul said:

I wish night would come back as well it just looks everything looks cool at night. Police lights, Instrument lights in helicopters etc.. I think its a big aspect of the server. People have a better chance of getting away. Since the current time right now is on x3 I don't think night would not last for a while maybe 30 minutes or so. I say bring it back to be honest it feels kinda weird not having night. Especially since the server had night enabled for close to two years.  Just my .02

This ^^^^^

What would be the best is if there was like 20-30 mins (tweak this as needed) of night right at the beginning of a restart and about the same right before restart. It would be like you wake up before the sun came up and you go to bed a little bit after the sun goes down. The restart cuts out the long drawn out part of night.

Have to say +1 to this, at the very least to test for a month. I personally believe that it would add in the dynamic of stealth in this game which just isn't there right now. Picture the bank at night, Cops would have the ability to get much closer without being seen, as well as rebels have the option to wait silently in bushes for the cops to pass them. 

10 minutes ago, Brandon Suzelis said:

Have to say +1 to this, at the very least to test for a month. I personally believe that it would add in the dynamic of stealth in this game which just isn't there right now. Picture the bank at night, Cops would have the ability to get much closer without being seen, as well as rebels have the option to wait silently in bushes for the cops to pass them. 

Or everyone would just increase their gamma....