Is this RDM?

15 minutes ago, Crackbaby said:

If an officer walks up to a Civ and says I will be restraining you, is this initiation?

http://wiki.gaming-asylum.com/Patrolling

Probable Cause is justified and reasonable evidence that a person has been committing crimes and/or participating in illegal activities.

Probable Cause gives officers permission to restrain then search the suspect and search any vehicles they have keys for (whether they are the primary owner or not.)

If you do NOT have probable cause, you need the civilian's consent before you can search them and/or their vehicles.

What gives Probable Cause:

1. Seeing a person in an illegal area.
  2. Seeing a civilian that is on the wanted list with a bounty of $2,500 or more.
  3. Witnessing a civilian self-incriminate (they admit to possessing contraband, committing a crime etc.)
  4. Witnessing a civilian evading arrest.
  5. Seeing a person purposely offroad and attempt to drive around manned APD checkpoints. (Doing an 180 turn to avoid a checkpoint is not probable cause.)

If they said they are restraining them, then it is allowed.

Edited by Gen. Henry Arnold
59 minutes ago, Crackbaby said:

If an officer walks up to a Civ and says I will be restraining you, is this initiation?

It's a gray area that needs to be reworked, cops know this and use it to circumvent having to initiate with you or your buddies.

They walk up to you and restrain you while telling you that you're going to be restrained, knowing damn well that in-game voice chat is delayed.

So now you're sitting in Kavala square powerless without having been given a chance to prevent them from restraining you.

Now people will tell you to stay out of Kavala, those people can choke on a pizza roll.

None of us are admins here, so don't take any answers for granted, not even mine. Even though, I'll quote something from an ex-community manager, from the Grey Area topic:

On 01/01/2017 at 5:48 PM, Volunteer281 said:

Cop says "APD Leave HQ" and instead of leaving you shoot him... Is that RDM? Yes, that would be RDM as you described. Simply asking someone to leave HQ is not considered hostile initiation. Had the officer said "APD leave HQ or you will be shot/downed or restrained" then it would be ok to shoot him if you didn't want to leave.

Mr. Linux likes this
1 hour ago, Kettles said:

It's a gray area that needs to be reworked, cops know this and use it to circumvent having to initiate with you or your buddies.

They walk up to you and restrain you while telling you that you're going to be restrained, knowing damn well that in-game voice chat is delayed.

So now you're sitting in Kavala square powerless without having been given a chance to prevent them from restraining you.

Now people will tell you to stay out of Kavala, those people can choke on a pizza roll.

Rude, but for real. STAY OUT OF KAVALA!!!

5 hours ago, BlackShot said:

None of us are admins here, so don't take any answers for granted, not even mine. Even though, I'll quote something from an ex-community manager, from the Grey Area topic:

That's shit. Because if you didn't leave hq that cop would down you or restrain you. You report the cop, no action taken because you didn't comply with his demands.

5 hours ago, Henry Facesmasher said:

That's shit. Because if you didn't leave hq that cop would down you or restrain you. You report the cop, no action taken because you didn't comply with his demands.

Cop has to initate by saying leave the HQ or i will down you. If he says "leave" and he shoots you after 3secs report that motherfucker

4 hours ago, Henry Facesmasher said:

Just now, Midamaru said:

Cop has to initate by saying leave the HQ or i will down you. If he says "leave" and he shoots you after 3secs report that motherfucker

This. :)

Mr. Linux likes this
20 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

On 1/8/2017 at 3:31 PM, Volunteer281 said:

Cop says "APD Leave HQ" and instead of leaving you shoot him... Is that RDM? Yes, that would be RDM as you described. Simply asking someone to leave HQ is not considered hostile initiation. Had the officer said "APD leave HQ or you will be shot/downed or restrained" then it would be ok to shoot him if you didn't want to leave.

Cop says "APD Leave HQ" and instead of leaving HQ you just sit there saying no and running around, so he decides to shoot you... Is that RDM? No that would not be RDM as you described. If the officer asked you to leave the HQ and you told him no then he would have the right to shoot/down or restrain you for disobeying a direct order.

It actually is one side for cops for some reason.

Edited by Destrah