Regarding bans on Asylum

bamf

1 hour ago, HotWings said:

Will the "ARC" provide feedback to those who make reports?  In the past I know people who have provided legit information/evidence of admin wrongdoing and never heard a peep.  Its an educational opportunity for both the reporter and the reporteee.

Just like player reports we don't discuss what exactly what "action taken" was. This prevents a slew of different things. We will look at making more of an effort to at least respond with "action taken" or not

19 minutes ago, Olio said:

Just like player reports we don't discuss what exactly what "action taken" was. This prevents a slew of different things. We will look at making more of an effort to at least respond with "action taken" or not

There should be more than what is in information given for admin reports.  If someone reports an admin and sees action taken and then sees the same person still admin ( Again, very situational depending on what happened. ) then people are going to find this all to be a joke and no one have faith in the system.  Admins should be held to a higher standard and if one abuses his power I don't even get why they would still remain an admin the first place.

finn_, Pentax and Kettles like this

@Olio used to be my friend. Now he's too good for me.. :(

Also admins are reluctant to even deal with my comp reports or anything of that nature. I'd be surprised if they suddenly sprung to action on clearing a ban I had evidence to, by the time they got back to me with a response my ban would probably already be up. I guess we'll see though..

Edited by hamsham12
Krypton:) and HarlesOk like this
Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

There should be more than what is in information given for admin reports.  If someone reports an admin and sees action taken and then sees the same person still admin ( Again, very situational depending on what happened. ) then people are going to find this all to be a joke and no one have faith in the system.  Admins should be held to a higher standard and if one abuses his power I don't even get why they would still remain an admin the first place.

It's 100% situational based we have removed admins/moderators for abuse of power. We just don't advertise it. Just like player reports, we will give "action taken" but nothing else because maybe we feel it only warranted a conversation, if the reporting player finds out we just had a talk they will bitch and moan that's all the got. People make mistakes, from little mistakes to big mistakes. The removal of an admin depends on the severity and history. Honestly 99% of the admin reports are not even abuse of power....80% are complaints that they feel they were banned falsely and when reviewed the ban was correct. 10% "well I think they did something wrong but I'm not sure" then after reviewing it was nothing, the other 9% people complaining about Gnashes coming back from one of his houses to quick and the last 1% are actual abuse of power claims.

Le Razoir and Michael L like this
17 hours ago, Maric said:

Are bans issued previous to this announcement held to the previous standard or are they grandfathered in to the new "system"?

For the last week or two most of the admins have moved to the new ban timers as a 'test' of the new policy. I'd imagine most bans that are currently longer than that have to do with multiple offenses/scripting/duping ect which would still be in-place with the new policy. That said, feel free to try an appeal.

Bherky likes this
Just now, 王 i have aids inmybut 王 said:

listen it was 30 sec over the limit. #unbanaids

The one caveat to the new appeal procedure is that you get only one shot at the appeal.  If the admin who helps you out feels your ban is valid and that you don't understand the rule that you violated, then you will likely continue to be banned for the remainder of the original ban.  

Appeal Denied.

34 minutes ago, 王 i have aids inmybut 王 said:

#UNBANAIDS , I think we have some admin abuse cause someone has some salt in his veins, oh @Olio that's your new job now lets handle this.

Didn't know you were banned. Make an appeal an admin will take a look at it.

roomba madness likes this