Group Engagement

I like the idea of groups being able to have their friends come from another area and help their buddy out, but we need a better way of identifying them with that group. The aggression system highlights players name red in the same group within a 2.5km radius, but if they come from outside they aren't highlighted red anymore. I was in a situation where I was bounty hunting, and was able to down and restrain someone (No gang tags and no indication of being in a group). As I was leaving a hatchback came and his friend ended up shooting me with no warning, but they were in the same group. When I was in a fight with my bounty, the name turned red because we were shooting at each other, but his friend's did not because he was not in the radius. I was able to go behind my bounty's friend and make contact but did not engage him because I didn't know he was with the other guy. I was caught off guard and killed quickly. There are some ideas I have that could help me and other players avoid a situation like I got in.

1. If a player in a group is engaged in the 2.5km radius and another player from the group enters the radius from the outside, his name too would turn red to the players/groups/gangs engaged in the fight.

2. Groups/Gangs could have the option to set a tag not only for the chat logs, but it shows their tag on their nametag in-game as well.

I hope the developers could take this into consideration, because the situation I was in caused a lot of frustration for me and i'm sure it does to other players! Thanks for reading. :)

They shouldn't have come in and engaged you either.  If they weren't red to you, then you weren't red to them (more than likely anyway).  They are supposed to engage in RP with you before attacking you in all honesty.  

I'll look through the system though and see if there might be tweaks we can do.  

Just now, bamf said:

They shouldn't have come in and engaged you either.  If they weren't red to you, then you weren't red to them (more than likely anyway).  They are supposed to engage in RP with you before attacking you in all honesty.  

It would honestly be nice if both teams lit up red as opposed to just the aggressor. Many people claim "oh you were red", It would probably help with RDM reports too.

Guwop and Atra like this
8 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Issue is that means that I can RDM you, and my friends can then RDM all of your friends with the justification of "they were red".

"popping a cap near them" will not make anyone turn red. You have to actually shoot someone.

What if it was a per-player basis? So if I shoot you, my team turns red for the enemy team but only I see the enemy team as red. My biggest issue with the current system is an enemy team can initiate with me, If I shoot one member without being shot I have no idea who is still part of their group.

Honestly it would be a lot easier if a player's group displayed above their head that way the aggression system can stay the same (as it makes sense since there is some one way initiation situations) but I can still know who is in what group. 

Guwop likes this
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2017 at 5:55 PM, bamf said:

Not sure if possibly but maybe append the current group / gang (maybe make group exceed gang) to the users name like it's done in chat but do that for their name. It will make group classification much easier.