Video editing software

Yea I just need something to take an eight to twelve hour video down to whatever size I need to report or such. 

I use shadow play, but a 2 hour upload for a twelve hour video is killing me. More so when it affects my ping on the servers. 

Since I play cop, I need to be able to cover myself. Can't do that if I can't edit. I just recently came back to "windows" from mac. So I need a program that allows me to cut to the five minutes before, etc. 

I mean I could just stream to twitch and move it over from there. Though it would honestly just be better to upload a 15 min clip of the issue, instead of uploading 12 hours, and giving an admin a time stamp.

If you are using shadowplay with Twitch then you dont need to save anything to your system.

simple go to the twitch options and choose to save all videos for 30 days.

Then you go to the video click on highlight (that video will never be deleted) and then click the upload to YT button and you are done!

Just now, Crymson Corvinus said:

Yea I just need something to take an eight to twelve hour video down to whatever size I need to report or such. 

I use shadow play, but a 2 hour upload for a twelve hour video is killing me. More so when it affects my ping on the servers. 

Since I play cop, I need to be able to cover myself. Can't do that if I can't edit. I just recently came back to "windows" from mac. So I need a program that allows me to cut to the five minutes before, etc. 

I mean I could just stream to twitch and move it over from there. Though it would honestly just be better to upload a 15 min clip of the issue, instead of uploading 12 hours, and giving an admin a time stamp.

Shadowplay makes pretty big files. ~5 minutes is for me 2GB. If you render your video, the file size will get smaller and uploading will go way, way faster.

2 minutes ago, Blake Kingsin said:

Just use instant replay on geforce experience. You can set your replays to be anything from 15 seconds to 20 mins so its perfect for record and report, just put the time at like 6 mins and if somebody rdms you Alt+f10 and it saves the clip so all you gotta do is upload.

Yea if I am just playing Civ. However is someone goes and reports me. I want to be able to go back, look through the videos, and then send my video to the admin. 

Be different if this was a whitelist only server, but it's not so we get some trash, and kids that shouldn't be playing this game. (Why we should require permits for people to have kids. Stop some of the fucktards from procreation.) 

Long story short, I just want to be able to protect myself from those players. I enjoy playing on asylum, and I love playing as a cop. (Civ for cash, cop so I can RP. Some of you come up with the best stories) I don't want something I enjoy getting fucked because some 8 year old gets butt hurt.

Best way to record is Shadowplay. Set at 1080p 15-20 bit rate with 10 minute record time.  Whenever something happens just hit the save button and your good to go. In terms of editing I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Creative Cloud). Although if you are just using it to make player reports there are cheaper and even free options that will work. Or you could always pirate if your into that. Sony Vegas seems to always have lots of tutorials on how to get it for free. 

To be honest I just record in 2 minute intervals and if a situation looks weird I save it just in case or save a few segments. I find that if you are smart you doing get into situations that you would need a huge video.

I also will just use movie maker to compress the size and make a fast upload

Edit: yes you need 5 mins for rdm but who really cares. I'll just go make the loadout money anyeays

Edited by Sugarfoot