Martial Law

http://www.strawpoll.me/13421018 Vote to allow APD to allow a APD Lieutenant to Declare Martial Law on a City
Martial Law Means :
- Anyone with a firearm that does not put their hands up will be lethally shot
- Anyone who is hostile will be shot
- Civilians must seek shelter in a house or building
- All Officers (excluding cadets) will receive a swat loadout
- Any non-hostile civilians would put their hands up to prove they are not hostile
- Gun store gets locked down so no civilians can purchase firearms for the duration of martial law

Edited by Aaron2431
Google™, Buck and Boone like this

It might be okay when Kavala gets hectic, but that's everyday so in reality it's just an excuse for cops to be lazy and kill people.

- Anyone with a firearm that does not put their hands up will be lethally shot (why would cops lethally shoot people for having a firearm? lol) 
- Anyone who is hostile will be shot(That is already the case)
- Civilians must seek shelter in a house or building(What would be the point of that, you're taking the whole fun out of the game then)
- All Officers (excluding cadets) will receive a swat loadout(?????????? are u insane)

James Anderson likes this
34 minutes ago, Aaron2431 said:

http://www.strawpoll.me/13421018 Vote to allow APD to allow a APD Lieutenant to Declare Martial Law on a City
Martial Law Means :
- Any non-hostile civilians would put their hands up to prove they are not hostile
- Gun store gets locked down so no civilians can purchase firearms for the duration of martial law

1. What if someone just logs in during martial law, they will have their gun out just to be lethaled the second a cop looks at them? -1
2. Already a thing
3. Civilians seek shelter in houses, ok but what if 1 Civilian in said house is aggresive at the cops and the cops go in the house to try and arrest said civilian are all the other civs fair gain because of 1 guy in said house shooting? 
4. No , absolutely not. not only opens doors to people exploiting / giving away their swat gear to friends that are in the town but it's also too much power just for the sake of making sure a town is "safe"
5. Isn't that what sirens are for / your voice? and already pretty much a thing?
6. You can lock down a gun store already as far as i know, 

So overal not really interested in this, opens up doors to RDM and abuse all over so yeah =/

1 hour ago, Aaron2431 said:

Maybe this would be a good way to control it. We are looking for a solution this could be one.

Some problems will fix them selves. The kavala trolls are in kavala because of it's generally speaking large population. What I think is best is that everyone leave, the population goes down. In turn of the population going down you have a less cancerous city.

Edited by Steve

Well, I'm not going to be a dick like the rest of this thread has been and outright refuse this but I will tell you I think it's a good idea to a certain extent. I don't think it should be something that is called upon frequently but maybe something like an event like a fed or bank. For instance, when Kavala gets so bad that officers can't even walk around without getting shot or for example when those guys were kidnapping the entire police force on P1 then I would say that a Martial Law system would be cool. To alleviate the logon problems and other issues just make alarms go off throughout the city and a message notification every minute that ML is active. Overall, good idea in my opinion, just wrong implementation. It would definitely be fun to do but just make it a rare occurrence. Also, I do agree that we can't just abandon Kavala when it gets the way it does, something has to be done. 

3 hours ago, frantic said:

When in the gov office you can set a death penalty. not sure what it does though

3 hours ago, Legendary Cifunds said:

The Death Penalty only work in prison Over Set Amount of your Bounty which i dont know

Theres a guide out there that explains it. Basically when you Activate that feature. anyone who goes to Jail with a 100K + Bounty does their sentence and then dies losing all their gear. Governor barely makes any money with it and its kind of a dick move tbh

6 hours ago, Aaron2431 said:

Martial Law Means :

so a 24/7 lockdown on Kavala?

20 hours ago, Boone said:

Well, I'm not going to be a dick like the rest of this thread has been and outright refuse this but I will tell you I think it's a good idea to a certain extent. I don't think it should be something that is called upon frequently but maybe something like an event like a fed or bank. For instance, when Kavala gets so bad that officers can't even walk around without getting shot or for example when those guys were kidnapping the entire police force on P1 then I would say that a Martial Law system would be cool. To alleviate the logon problems and other issues just make alarms go off throughout the city and a message notification every minute that ML is active. Overall, good idea in my opinion, just wrong implementation. It would definitely be fun to do but just make it a rare occurrence. Also, I do agree that we can't just abandon Kavala when it gets the way it does, something has to be done. 

That was I meant it too be used for. Im not saying that it happens 24/7 but if cops simple can't control a city then maybe this could help.

Just now, Aaron2431 said:

NO it can't be used 24/7 just as Boone said maybe if a city is simple too hard to control this could be used, rarely, to control it. As I said need an LT to authorise it and use of martial law enforces strict rules on APD and on Civs

I know what you meant I was just fucking with you. I thought they had something like this in Takistan life, I don't know how well it worked.