Adding to the wiki

It has come to my Attention that the Asylum Life Wiki is very unfinished.  My suggestion is that you allow certain trusted veteran members of the community have access to edit and improve the wiki. Each new edit must be approved by a community manager, support member, or an admin. Allowing trusted members of the community edit and access the wiki would improve the quality of information and would also allow more volume of information to be access in an easier manner than digging through the guides page located in the forums. Another suggestion would be that you create a forum page that would allow any users to submit information and written guides to be added to the wiki. This information would follow a strict format and all guides submitted by basic users would not only required to be checked by admins but also by the trusted members to insure only quality information reaches the wiki. 

A proposed suggested format for submitting could be something similar to what is written down below. Also include a disclaimer that these are only a suggested format for the basic principal lay out for the wiki and that additional subheading can be added as needed due to the variation in difficulty in different activities around the island. 

Requirements

•  
  •  

Talents 

•  
  •  

Method 

Innate likes this
Just now, matth said:

admins cant do the job they have now so -1

They are looking for people to help lessen the load. Getting aid from community members on simple things only helps increase admins ability to do real administrative tasks.

Just now, Gnashes said:

The wiki was managed by someone who is no longer a member of the staff.

I'll ask Paratus/Bamf what they want to do with it.

I was aware that they no longer have access to edit/change anything with the forums and are currently in the process of reobtaining or rehosting it somewhere else. 

Just now, badger said:

They are looking for people to help lessen the load. Getting aid from community members on simple things only helps increase admins ability to do real administrative tasks.

asylum is decreasing in numbers rapidly, no ones going to apply just to watch asylum die

@patato12 and I have been working on the wiki for few months updating guides and other sections. The wiki was managed by Will and he as of now is retired staff and asked us to cease updating it. We have receive help from @Midamaru and @Mayhem as well.

We asked about it awhile ago, here is the original thread: 

Edited by Gen. Henry Arnold
49 minutes ago, badger said:

It has come to my Attention that the Asylum Life Wiki is very unfinished.  My suggestion is that you allow certain trusted veteran members of the community have access to edit and improve the wiki. Each new edit must be approved by a community manager, support member, or an admin. Allowing trusted members of the community edit and access the wiki would improve the quality of information and would also allow more volume of information to be access in an easier manner than digging through the guides page located in the forums. Another suggestion would be that you create a forum page that would allow any users to submit information and written guides to be added to the wiki. This information would follow a strict format and all guides submitted by basic users would not only required to be checked by admins but also by the trusted members to insure only quality information reaches the wiki. 

A proposed suggested format for submitting could be something similar to what is written down below. Also include a disclaimer that these are only a suggested format for the basic principal lay out for the wiki and that additional subheading can be added as needed due to the variation in difficulty in different activities around the island. 

Requirements

•  
  •  

Talents 

•  
  •  

Method 

Have you actually looked at the wiki recently? Nearly every guide is finished and follows a formula for format.

1 minute ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Have you actually looked at the wiki recently? Nearly every guide is finished and follows a formula for format.

No intent to be malicious towards you, just saying there is stuff that can be worked on and improved. 

Edited by badger
Gen. Henry Arnold likes this
Just now, badger said:

I agree, we were told to avoid the crafting guides (potential reworks?) and then we were told to cease updating, I hope we can get it back up and running and definitely can use more community help like yours 

Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

I agree, we were told to avoid the crafting guides (potential reworks?) and then we were told to cease updating, I hope we can get it back up and running and definitely can use more community help like yours 

I was unaware there was anyone outside support and admins editing it. I would gladly help contribute and improve the wiki. Please P.M. me if you obtain any new information about the wiki.  

42 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Asylum has "been dying" since the Summer of 2014.

Just saying.

yes we all know it just needs to be updated a bit, better cartel locations, old prison back, maybe add a few extra features anything that will mix things up a bit! main thing is to find more trusted members who know how to add these things as theres too many jobs for the admins

1 hour ago, badger said:

I was unaware there was anyone outside support and admins editing it. I would gladly help contribute and improve the wiki. Please P.M. me if you obtain any new information about the wiki.  

We were simply told to stop. I submitted a few things and they never got approved so until a viable mean of getting changes approved is made were dead in the water sadly.