Bring Tanoa Back!

Do you want Tanoa to replace strife for a while? (If it does good keep it)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Try Tanoa for a couple weeks and see how it goes?

Its been nearly a month since Tanoa was first taken down and I know many people including I who are not too happy about it. There are many things that made Tanoa a good map for Asylum and I truly feel that it is quite sad seeing a server (Strife) which no one plays and literally is not even up at the moment replacing it. Everyone complained about Tanoa having a low population when It really was never that low. Also, no one notices that Tanoa would have definately repopulated over the Summer just as it did when people thought it was dead before Christmas time. I honestly think that we do not need 4 altis servers and if you really want to keep strife, remove server 4 (or whatever altis server is most dead) and add back tanoa. That way, anyone in the community can play the map they want or whatever game mode they want. I would be very happy if you guys could maybe add tanoa back for a week or 2 and see how it does. If it does not do good, take it down and keep strife. If it does do good, please consider keeping it. Honestly, being that strife is not even up and if it is there is a max of 3 people, this is the perfect time to give tanoa a try again. It shouldnt be that hard to just replace Strife's code with Tanoa's and switch back if needed.

Everyone who sees this, please check out the Poll and comment below on what you think. For all you Tanoa fans, dont think they are going to add it back if you arent committed to this cause. So please speak up so we can maybe get something different in the Asylum community (Altis is getting boring).

To @bamf and @Paratus I know that I have no say in this, but place take this into consideration. Either way, thank you so much for all the work you have done on these servers and I cant wait to see the upcoming changes in the future.

operatorjohnny^ likes this
Just now, Sir Ling Ling (2) said:

Care to explain why? Just because you dont have the DLC doesnt mean you can try to ruin it for people who do?

I do have the DLC I loved it at the launch then everyone sat with ghillies in trees and no-one comes out they just sit in cap for hours afk or run off into yonder its aids to evade cops u cant off-road without crashing into a tree every 3 meters. Dont get me wrong it was a good map but not good for life.

Edited by Brendon Smith
Silver-Spy likes this
Just now, Brendon Smith said:

I do have the DLC I loved it at the launch then everyone sat with ghillies in trees and no-one comes out they just sit in cap for hours afk or run off into yonder its aids to evade cops u cant off-road without crashing into a tree every 3 meters. Dont get me wrong it was a good map but not good for life.

Yes, I can see how that can be annoying, but you have to understand that the server is not always about cartels... Some people like to be able to get from 1 side of the map to the other without driving for 45 mins or flying for 10

Like Ling Ling, I too loved Tanoa. It is perfect for people who love asylum but don't want to keep playing on the same old Altis. Me, like many others had built a name and reputation for themselves on Tanoa. Strife is doing much worse that Tanoa ever did, and you don't even have to pay for the map Strife is on. Tanoa had many aspects that many, like me, loved. If you loved Tanoa, speak up. We will get no where without voices. Like this post and take a look at the poll. (this post is not to spam)

Aether likes this
Just now, Brendon Smith said:

So then what do people do besides fight cartels?

Many things, when I was in a smaller gang me and my buddies screwed around doing drug runs, bounty hunting, and exploring new and better ways to make money than just cartels. I loved how the server was not as chaotic as Altis, and for a smaller map like Tanoa, a smaller amount of people is perfect. There was a community that formed around Tanoa, and brought many of us closers together. Many of us miss that aspect as well.

All of you asking to bring it back is either a cocaine field camper or money hungry.

Tanoa did not have high population among the other servers and the only reason why people played it was to make easy money in the start.Tanoa was a really good looking map but lacked population in general.I do not understand you can do as a rebel other than cartels.Make money?Camp fields etc?.

Just now, Silver-Spy said:

All of you asking to bring it back is either a cocaine field camper or money hungry.

Tanoa did not have high population among the other servers and the only reason why people played it was to make easy money in the start.Tanoa was a really good looking map but lacked population in general.I do not understand you can do as a rebel other than cartels.Make money?Camp fields etc?.

Care to explain why Tanoa had 100 players on 12 hours a day during all of last summer, christmas time and other holiday times? It still beats strife that has 0 players on it. I mean does it really bother you that much to have a server that atleast has people happy? Also, if anything Tanoa was harder to do coke on because it was a smaller map with more players. There was also a hill at the coke field that you could easily snipe from. Coke is easier on Altis because on altis its an open field around it meaning you can see your enemies. Tbh Coke can be easy on any map if you have a large enough gang. 

Just now, Silver-Spy said:

Actually, I never once did cocaine because it was wayyy to hard on Tanoa. On Altis you can go on at 3am where the small population of players is spread throughout the 4 servers and make cocaine while only worrying about the other 2 or 3 people on the server. And no, I am not money hungry. If you have ever played Tanoa 5 you would know that most people played because it was 10x less aids than altis servers... Wanna know why it was less AIDS? - because all of the trolls and rule breakers are not going to pay another 35$ just to get banned.

You guys are wasting your time... Tanoa got like what 20 people average daily and a peak of 30 maybe if we're lucky? In my opinion I'd rather have them spending that on the Altis Life Servers (The cost to keep the server up) rather than wasting time with tanoa.

Let's just stop trying to fill that void that Stratis is... Stop trying to replace Asylum #5... Let's just focus on Altis. :)

2 hours ago, Silver-Spy said:

Strife doesn't have a population at all. Tanoa did.

6 hours ago, Sir Ling Ling (2) said:

Care to explain why Tanoa had 100 players on 12 hours a day during all of last summer, christmas time and other holiday times? It still beats strife that has 0 players on it. I mean does it really bother you that much to have a server that atleast has people happy? Also, if anything Tanoa was harder to do coke on because it was a smaller map with more players. There was also a hill at the coke field that you could easily snipe from. Coke is easier on Altis because on altis its an open field around it meaning you can see your enemies. Tbh Coke can be easy on any map if you have a large enough gang. 

Tanoa had a high population near Christmas because of Christmas, and people buying Arma and the DLC. Also Coke is harder on Altis because cops actually play s1-4. If you kill a cop there and you have at least 1 hemtt, you can expect the entire APD to be on your ass within the next 5 mins